Neburg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Neburg said:
Greetings Wiipower:

One suggestion that I'm doing, why not install the changed cmios wiipower, install the latest MIOSv10?
The most stable MIOSv4, but many original games such as Metroid Prime Trilogy itself detects it and asks you to upgrade, could be done something about it?.
Greetings.

PD: Sorry by my English.

Neburg.

1. You may want to use priiloader and a skip update disc check hack
2. i already consider to update the cMIOS installer to allow installing the cMIOS as revision 65535 for exactly this purpose
Greetings Wiipower:

The Metroid Prime Trilogy is Disc Original.
I do not use or Preeloader or Priiloader, I see no useful if you have BootMii v6 installed in Boot2.
Greetings.

Neburg.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Beta 16:
Finally added reloader support

It took that long, because i use a newer DevkitPPC than WiiGator did, and apparently the old one produces smaller exacutables. I had to reduce the memory usage by about 300 bytes. Well a side effect of this is that the reloader doesn't switch itself off after doing a reload -> games that do more than 1 .dol loading should work now.

So i found out that Eternal Darkness reloads its .dol on death, which causes the crash on death. Now that this is "fixed", i need a new issue i can test changes against

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Means backup are recognized through disk channel ?
Even if no darkcorp installed ?

Keep up good work man
smile.gif

IcyVeins

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OuahOuah said:
Means backup are recognized through disk channel ?
Even if no darkcorp installed ?

Keep up good work man
smile.gif
Yeah, exactly...

not. NeoGamma is a homebrew tool to launch backups, nothing to use with the disc-channel.

House64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great, you finaly added the reloader support
smile.gif

But, I tried to run Zelda Ocarina Of Time Master Quest (PAL) (Backup) : Black Screen, "No Signal" after the GC backup loader screen or green screen
frown.gif
I have tried with all video modes.

WiiGator Cmios v4
Mode GC Internal

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What video cables do you use? Did you set your Wii to 50Hz or 60Hz output? Do you have other games working?

I have the retail disc of it and it works* when i boot it in PAL576i/disc video mode and my Wii is set to 60 Hz output. Does the game boot in WiiGator's loader? Or with Waninkoko's cMIOS + GC mode MIOS? Without reloader you should at least be able to get the selection screen.

*i have to eject and reinsert the disc, but that's something retail disc only related

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Can you choose with which cIOS to boot a game in NeoGamma?
If not it would be a nice feature. So you could switch to cIOS37 rev19 for Monster Hunter Tri and don't have to install it when you want to play with that game.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Beta 17: Dirty fix for Pokemon Box

The method i use to get Pokemon Box to work, might work on other games, but i don't want to enable it for all games, because it would have unknown side-effects. And it won't be an option in NeoGamma, because that would only cause confusion.

If anybody has a not working GC game and wants a special test version, please post in this thread.

Levente said:
Can you choose with which cIOS to boot a game in NeoGamma?
If not it would be a nice feature. So you could switch to cIOS37 rev19 for Monster Hunter Tri and don't have to install it when you want to play with that game.

I will reconsider this after the cIOS rev20 release.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know, but i doubt it. If it was they would be doing the same on Wii games which they are not.

I need incompatible games, or else the only thing i can do it improving the speed on the reloader. And that's something i can't do on my own right now, because i don't know where the Bootloader/IPL/whatever that is loaded to 0x8130000 in memory is located on the disc.

House64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
WiiPower said:
What video cables do you use? Did you set your Wii to 50Hz or 60Hz output? Do you have other games working?

I have the retail disc of it and it works* when i boot it in PAL576i/disc video mode and my Wii is set to 60 Hz output. Does the game boot in WiiGator's loader? Or with Waninkoko's cMIOS + GC mode MIOS? Without reloader you should at least be able to get the selection screen.

*i have to eject and reinsert the disc, but that's something retail disc only related

My Wii is set to 480p. I use official nintendo component cables...

The Game boots in Wiigator's loader ! But even if I boot it with reloader support, it reboots the wii when I slect a game...

(sorry for my bad english)

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmm, and what do you get with the crap cables, the wii set to 480i in the settings menu, NeoGamma set to PAL576i and reloader enabled? That would match the setup i'm using and which would confirm wether it's a video mode issue or not.

House64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, I will test later ^^

edit : I tried with beta17, always with the composant cables, Zelda Collector's edition (PAL) (Backup) works with reloader and PAL 576i
biggrin.gif

But Zelda OOT Master Quest don't boot
frown.gif
. I will try later with standard cables.

PAL games work correctly with "PAL 576i" video mode (but "No signal" with "disk" video mode with 50Hz games)
NTSC games work correctly with "disk" video mode
smile.gif

Did you plan to synchronize the clock and the date of Wii with the mode GC internal? Because with Zelda The Wind Waker for exemple the date is always 01/01/2000 :/

(sorry for my bad english)

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
OuahOuah said:
Is it a protection for pokemon made by Nintnedo ?
No, you link it to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire then you can organize all of your pokemon on the gcn - it was available on special offers. And since you need to link a GBA(SP) to the Cube... which is impossible on the wii...

Guys, stop making PokeBox compatible unless you know a way to make a GBA communicate with the Wii (or the NDS)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock