NeoGamma R9 beta

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by WiiPower, Apr 5, 2010.

Apr 5, 2010

NeoGamma R9 beta by WiiPower at 8:57 PM (942,663 Views / 7 Likes) 1,807 Comments

WiiPower New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Beta 56:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?t5sfa0de86gni4g

Changelog:
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

Gamecube backups on discs mini FAQ:

Official gamecube compatiblity list:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Gamecube_Back...patibility_List
    (NeoGamma should play everything that plays on WiiGator's loader, there's no need to flood the list with "works on NeoGamma" and similar)

Older versions:

Recommended cIOS:
    d2x with IOS56 as base IOS installed as IOS249. It's the cIOS with the best compatiblity and the least bugs from all cIOS you can use for NeoGamma(Hermes cIOS are not supported). Only some games that want to use IOS57(some games with microphones) or IOS58(games with usb 2.0 stuff, like a cam) will require to use a different base IOS. Since beta51, NeoGamma supports to automatically load other cIOS when another cIOS with another base IOS is better("IOS for games: Autodetect" setting), so it's recommend to install d2x with base IOS57 as IOS250 as your 2nd cIOS. How to install:
    1. Download ModMii:
    http://gbatemp.net/t...mii-for-windows

2a. Run ModMii on your PC, create a wad for the latest d2x cIOS with base IOS56("4"->"249d2x56")
    2b. Run ModMii on your PC, create a wad for the latest d2x cIOS with base IOS57("4"->"250d2x57")
    3. Copy it to the "wad" folder on your sd card.
    4a. If you don't have IOS236, install it, if you have it, skip this step...
    4b. Run WAD Manager on your Wii, select to use IOS236 and install the wads.

More info on d2x:
    http://gbatemp.net/t277659-ciosx-rev21d2x-...another-hot-fix

Recommend cMIOS for homebrew,retail&backup discs and softmodded&hardmodded Wiis. It's WiiGator's cMIOS just in a new installer(only required for GC mode internal or external):
    New version(based on MIOSv10):
    http://www.mediafire...4ayvwgqey66qc9v

Other cMIOS:

Useful tools:

Put several GC games on a single game disc:
    MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yzy3jm0jmmz
    (Attention: Please use "fstfix t" on all shrunken .isos, after shrinking, before putting on multi game discs. This should fix all issues with games that "don't work shrunken". And it might also increase the reading speed for those games.) The reason for this is that audio streams(.adp files and some others) need 32KB alignment, but the shrinking kills it, "fstfix t" gets all files to 32KB alignment.
    Important: For some reason MultiGame ISO Creator v4.x is not working with NeoGamma, so use v3.5.4F+
    Also keep in mind that modchip + multi game .isos don't work with the internal GC mode.

"Fix" GC .iso files
    Wiped GCM Fixer 1.5F also callled Fstfix 1.5F
    http://filetrip.net/...fstfix-exe.html
    Baten Kaitos works if both discs are put on the same multi game disc with MultiGame ISO Creator v3.5.4F+, and the 1st disc is patched with the options:
    FSTFIX BKdisc1.gcm t s g
    and the 2nd with these:
    FSTFIX BKdisc2.gcm t s f

Open GC .iso files and extract stuff(more or less WiiScrubber for GC games)
    GC-Tool
    http://filetrip.net/...-1-20-beta.html

Important:

All "new" GC stuff is only revevant if a compatible cMIOS is used and NeoGamma is set to internal GC mode.
    Note that Waninkoko's cMIOS up to rev5(including) are not compatible with GC mode internal and external.

For more details about the different GC modes see gamecube.txt

List of achieved improvements for GC loading:
    (improvements over WiiGator's loader)

- Play retail GC discs
    - Play retail "problem games" like Eternal Darkness, Starfox Adventures and Zelda Ocarina of Time
    - Ocarina/Wiird on retail GC discs
    - Select which game to boot from multi game discs in wii mode(NeoGamma itself)
    - Autodetection for 2nd disc on multi game discs
    - Increased speed for the reloader(setting: fast, forced is as slow as before but may have a better compatibility)
    - The reloader always stays active now
    - Optional alternative Audio Status Request handling(gets Ikaruga to work)
    - Fixing .elf files that are loaded to a buffer first(fixes 007 Agent under Fire crash after the 2nd level)

Known and confirmed not working gamecube backups:

- Phantasy Star Online 1+2+3(black screen with normal plugin, "an error occured" with high plugin)
    debug output:

- 007 Everything or Nothing(Reboots the Wii)
    debug output:

TODO/wish list:
    (only GC related)

- Get progressive video mode to work on all games that support it(can't test myself => i can't do it)
    - Fix the 50% slowdown that can happen on 480p forcing, or at least warn about it(can't test myself => i can't do it)
    - Write to SRAM, this could be the solution for some video mode issues, and allow to force languages
    - Proper Audio Status Request handling(the old handling breaks Ikaruga, the new breaks Eternal Darkness). Priority very low, no game reported to not work because of improper audio streaming handling
    - Find a way to fake/force the language setting(SRAM?)
    - .wip patches for gamecube games
    - Alternative .dol loading(maybe won't be done, because the reloader seems to work nicely)
    7 people like this.

• Supervisor

tj_cool Stuff

Message Count:
    Belgium
    Great stuff WiiPower [IMG]
    Mirror'd on FT

and updated my topic to link here for R9 Beta stuff

KiiWii New Member

Message Count:
    New Zealand
    Excellent work as ever WiiPower.
    • Newcomer

arevir711 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    "List of achieved improvements:
    - Play retail GC discs
    - Select which game to boot from multi game discs in wii mode(NeoGamma itself)"

Will this also fix the black and white, auto booting to PAL, issue on multi disc games on multi iso image?

Currently stumped as to how to enable color. Forcing NTSC has no effect. Only GameCube Launcher 0.1x doesn't auto boot the inserted disc and plays in color.

Nice improvements as well! Keep up the good work WiiPower! [IMG]

WiiPower New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    It should force NTSC if you select that in NeoGamma's options. And you need to have the correct cMIOS and settings. And the game needs to be NTSC, i think on GC we have the same video mode problem as on Wii, some games don't like the wrong video mode.

Levente New Member

Message Count:
    Hungary
    Super Mario Sunshine retail works
    The Legend of Zelda Four Swords retail doesn't work
    Batman Rise of Sin Tzu retail doesn't work
    Dragon Ball Z Budokai retail doesn't work
    UEFA Champions Leauge retail works

WiiGator's cMIOS 0.2 and cIOS rev19[57]

Levente New Member

Message Count:
    Hungary
    With internal mode I always get codedump with single backup discs, but I could launch all of my games on my only multidisc.

Neogamma R8 boots single GC backups well in internal mode!

WiiPower New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    I only have only 1 GC backup that's a multi game disc. I will try to fix this soon.

Edit: I think i found the bug that caused this. Maybe it caused my PAL60 problem as well.

WiiPower New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Beta 3 is out. The only GC related change is a fixed bug for discs that contain only 1 game

Beta 3 should fix at least this problem. I'm almost sure you have video mode set to wii or disc, am i right?

Levente New Member

Message Count:
    Hungary
    It was set to disc.
    • Newcomer

gaojiugao New Member

Message Count:
    China
    Suppoert for GC games? That's sound good.

M[u]ddy New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Wind Waker (PAL) still doesn't work.
    It would be really nice if you could later on also work on support for 480p in PAL games. I know that the Qoob Pro modchip for Gamecube could force a lot of PAL games into 480p.

Krestent What to post?

Message Count:
    United States
    If I wanted to have both cMIOS's installed, couldn't I potentially have one cMIOS installed to a different title, then modify the source to look there?

WiiPower New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Not possible. NeoGamma actually starts BC which starts the MIOS. But i think it won't be required once Waninkoko releases rev6 of his cMIOS. With that you can set NeoGamma to GC mode MIOS -> Use Waninkoko's loader or set the GC mode to internal -> My GC loader. And the loader is the only relevant difference between the MIOS. Well the MIOS revision you use as base might be relevant, but that should be it.

bearmon2010 New Member

Message Count:
    Portugal
    Should I delete Backup Loader and GC Launcher and use this one from now on ?
    • Newcomer

YOCJ New Member

Message Count:
    Greece
    Thanks once again WiiPower for your work! [IMG]

madri1 New Member

Message Count:
    France
    wiipower do you plan to include support for different cios, i mean 250 and maybe in the future different number ?

Eon-Rider New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    It's great to see people still trying to improve GameCube disc loading. Thank WiiPower. =)

OuahOuah New Member

Message Count:
    France
    As we can have USB loading for GC, the only way os to improve existing method [IMG]
    Seems harder than Wii loading in fact...

WiiPower New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    Beta 4 got me PAL480i on a NTSC game, and NTSC480i on some PAL games. PAL480i is NOT working for PAL games, but that shouldn't be an issue, if a PAL game supports PAL60, then it allows to set it on boot, or it sets automatically to it.

PS: The curent status on Ocarina/Wiird doesn't look good, it freezes the game directly on boot. I tried with the new code handler and a hooktype that Nicksasa created for me.

SPONSORED LINKS