Hacking Need to fix priiloader and play dvd's on mplayer

Bobbybangin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed homebrew via banner 2 years ago. My old wii broke (literally to pieces) so i bought a new one in january. I used the same sd card to install homebrew again. I updated to 4.3 and presto no homebrew and sd loader blocked. for me that turned out to be a blessing in disguise because i used the 4.3 virgin mod which enabled me to play backups which i hadn't previously been able to do. however, i now cannot play dvd's which i was able to do before the 4.3 virgin smash stack install. i used cios installer as per instructed to play dvd's and i'm assuming it patched something that wasn't supposed to be because priiloader no longer works. something about not having ios61. if you can tell me how to fix the priiloader and play dvd's i will never touch anything on my wii again and be satisfied with what i have. thank you.

Bobbybangin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to add that even though i know that some newer wii's don't have dvd playback this one did so i'm assuming it was a model that had been sitting on a shelf. it just won't play them after my 4.3 mod. also the ciosinstaller i used was for 202 which i was sure was already installed but still wouldn't play dvd's. other info that may be of help is that i tried downgrading to 4.2 and 4.1 to install older versions of media players and dvdx all with fail.

Bobbybangin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
took a few tries to figure out exactly what i was doing. needed a bunch of fixes but worked like a charm! now my wii does everything! thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn