Hacking Need help running PAL Wii titles on an NTSC Wii U console with TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector

Nalt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
TLDR: PAL games, specifically Mario Party 8, packed with TeconMoon's WiiVC injector, get stuck on a black screen on a NTSC Wii U console. Applying a region mode patch only makes the audio work. Looking for a solution.

Hello! I'm new to this forum. Been getting into Wii U modding lately after dusting it off, been sitting on my room for years.

Anyway, I want to get the PAL version of Mario Party 8 running on my NTSC Wii U console (the PAL version of the game is the only version with a Spanish translation). I used TeconMoon's tool and it worked flawlessly with NTSC titles. But when I try PAL titles it gets stuck on a silent black screen.

I tried using the built in "patch video mode" option which uses Waninkoko's Wii Video Mode Changer tool. This time the game booted up, with a black screen, but there was sound.

I'd like to mention I got it running off my SD card with WiiFlow Lite with a video mode patch with no problems. I just want to have a shortcut on my Wii U menu instead of having to access the vWii menu and storing the game on my SD card when I could have it on my hard drive.

Is there any method to get this to work?

Nalt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
its been a while i thought that was a big mistake on WIiU >?< as its region locked or maybe that was just WiiU games not vWii ..i hacked my WiiU years ago ( Still Love it ! Rarely play it LOL )
Not entirely sure about the Wii U...
Think you need the region free patches.
What region free patches are you talking about?

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLDR: PAL games, specifically Mario Party 8, packed with TeconMoon's WiiVC injector, get stuck on a black screen on a NTSC Wii U console. Applying a region mode patch only makes the audio work. Looking for a solution.

Hello! I'm new to this forum. Been getting into Wii U modding lately after dusting it off, been sitting on my room for years.

Anyway, I want to get the PAL version of Mario Party 8 running on my NTSC Wii U console (the PAL version of the game is the only version with a Spanish translation). I used TeconMoon's tool and it worked flawlessly with NTSC titles. But when I try PAL titles it gets stuck on a silent black screen.

I tried using the built in "patch video mode" option which uses Waninkoko's Wii Video Mode Changer tool. This time the game booted up, with a black screen, but there was sound.

I'd like to mention I got it running off my SD card with WiiFlow Lite with a video mode patch with no problems. I just want to have a shortcut on my Wii U menu instead of having to access the vWii menu and storing the game on my SD card when I could have it on my hard drive.

How is your console hacked, are you running any sort of CFW? CBHC, Mocha or Tiramesu?

00i_lovebeans_00

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
How is your console hacked, are you running any sort of CFW? CBHC, Mocha or Tiramesu?

Can a pal system emulate NTSC games fine ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!