Hardware nand flash dump (3ds xl)

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, i did this two days ago :) The problem is that it will arrive after three weeks maybe. Also after trying so many different card readers i really doubt that this one will do the miracle for me...

I tried three card readers. None ofthem worked until I tried that one...

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello

I'm one of the "lucky" ones with bricked 3ds XL from R4i card.
For three days I'm trying to restore my NAND without success. I have tried with three different cable types, with different SD adapters also. Also i have tried about 6 different card readers and several PCs. The best result i have so far is - on the two of the card readers Windows sees unformatted drive but when try to read or write it says "device not ready". I'm trying with win32diskimager and usb image tool.
The error on 3ds screen when i'm powering with card reader attached to PC is
errcode 00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000
but i'm sure that cmd is not connected to clk
Actually, I'm attaching photo of my current cable with numbers of SD pins that each cable is attached to.

I'm starting to think that you can't restore NAND if the 3ds is bricked from flash card.
Any ideas?

View attachment 5897

I'm in the same situation man. Bricked by flashcart, waiting for a confirmed working sd reader to arrive.
I don't want to lose hope but the news of the brick being deliberated, and the detail they intentionally reprogram the eMMC to have 0 bytes to make it irrecoverable , that's a low blow....

inian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really sure how this whole eMMC controller thing to 0 bytes works, but my PC sees correct size of NAND in "disk management", usb image tool also reports correct size... but in the same time the fact remains that i'm unable to perform any read/write operation - drive not ready error is displayed

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
I'm not really sure how this whole eMMC controller thing to 0 bytes works, but my PC sees correct size of NAND in "disk management", usb image tool also reports correct size... but in the same time the fact remains that i'm unable to perform any read/write operation - drive not ready error is displayed
can you try with a linux livecd and dd command ?

Reactions: frown

inian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not at the moment, tonight at home i can. but i've tried with win 7, win 8, win vista and win xp and it doesn't look that my problem is OS related

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyone here who has SMALL 4-pin connectors that can fit under the battery cover who'd be willing to install one for me? Pretty much anyone I've found has no idea where to get the proper size connectors, and I'm really picky about this - I don't want it to be obvious at all that there's anything non-stock inside once the battery cover is back on.

tomiga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I almost wonder if, instead of the NAND being zeroed out, if it's just being set read-only, and the 3DS isn't booting because it can't write anything to the NAND.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello

For three days I'm trying to restore my NAND without success. I have tried with three different cable types, with different SD adapters also. Also i have tried about 6 different card readers and several PCs. The best result i have so far is - on the two of the card readers Windows sees unformatted drive but when try to read or write it says "device not ready". I'm trying with win32diskimager and usb image tool.
errcode 00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000
Actually, I'm attaching photo of my current cable with numbers of SD pins that each cable is attached to.

I'm starting to think that you can't restore NAND if the 3ds is bricked from flash card.
Any ideas?

View attachment 5897

how about you try this? http://gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-with-a-brick-been-able-to-recover.360647/#post-4887258

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

errcode 00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000

Any ideas?

View attachment 5897

I just want to say that I was getting these SAME errors... until I bought the SD reader from eBay that I linked. I don't know why but it is very picky with the reader you use.

olfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Hey guys. I just wanted to point out that my eBay SD adapter came in and it WORKS as intended. I am only pointing this out because I had so many issues with this install, and it turned out it was always my card readers (I tried 3 different brands). Anyway, THIS EXTREMELY CHEAP reader is what I now use!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-IN-1-USB-2-0-Multi-Card-Reader-SD-XD-MMC-MS-CF-SDHC-TF-Micro-Mini-SD-M2-SDHC/400484519653?_trksid=p3693.m2452&_trkparms=aid=333005&algo=RIC.FIT&ao=1&asc=265&meid=4029881656694134504&pid=100102&prg=1140&rk=1&rkt=1&sd=400484519653&

i tryto have a look but i got this message from ebay
"Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. "
WTF ? It s a sdcard reader !

Can you tell what model it is
(or look here to see if you find it
http://www.ebay.fr/sch/sis.html?_nk...TF Micro Mini SD M2 SDHC&_itemId=271286213249 )

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tryto have a look but i got this message from ebay
"Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. "
WTF ? It s a sdcard reader !

Can you tell what model it is
(or look here to see if you find it
http://www.ebay.fr/sch/sis.html?_nkw=NEWBlack Multi Card Reader USB 2 0 SD XD MMC MS CF SDHC TF Micro Mini SD M2 SDHC&_itemId=271286213249 )

I am unable to find a model number because I don't know that there officially is one. I think this is just a knockoff. haha.

They do have some shipping restrictions...

. WORLDWIDE SHIPPING. (Except China,Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Germany and Croatia)

TheBorg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello

errcode 00F800FE
00000000 00000000
00000400 00000000

Any ideas?

View attachment 5897

Hi,

Excactly the same happend to me.
I tried 6 different laptop's and 4 card readers withoud any results.
I also tried the All in 1 Mini Card Reader they said on this forum it's working, this is not working by my to and doesn't sees the flash.
Only 1 laptop is seeing the 3DS in correct size with the internal sd reader of NAND in "disk management".
win32diskimager give me an read and write error.

I think there's an other problem.

Sorry for my bad english.....

aXXo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if anyone tried using MS-DOS or Free-DOS to try and restore the missing data? Though I don't think it will work, since the actual controller chip (emmc) for the nand is the problem, not the nand itself. Still, DOS is pretty useful, and I still use it to flash my 360 DVD drive with the latest hacked firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yes you did originally say grilled