ROM Hack Nanashi no Game

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Damnit, we (as in the team, not me) fixed this twice already.
First it said "He isn't breathing" when you check the woman in a female playthrough. THEN it said "She isn't breathing" in the male playthrough. NOW it's back to this again! I'm thinking the game uses the same line for either gender.
Maybe the line could be replaced with:
"There is no pulse."
I don't know. I was thinking:
"They aren't breathing."

Why they ? oO Only one of them dies. So they doesn't make sense. Or did I get that part wrong ? Either the bride or the groom dies, depending on your gender, right ?

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just beat the game, did it all in one go, in the dark with headphones on.
This rocked ! It was extremely creepy too but
It got less and less creepy as I went on, ghosts aren't that scary after a while. But the crappy controls make it so that I freaked out every time one went my way lol
Ending kinda sucked though
What does the new mode change ?

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is the only difference between the male/female playthrough

the bride/groom thing ? I want to know if I want to replay as a girl, or if this minor detail is the only difference

Just beat the game, did it all in one go, in the dark with headphones on.
This rocked ! It was extremely creepy too but
It got less and less creepy as I went on, ghosts aren't that scary after a while. But the crappy controls make it so that I freaked out every time one went my way lol
Ending kinda sucked though
What does the new mode change ?

You can't see the Regrets :3

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is the only difference between the male/female playthrough

the bride/groom thing ? I want to know if I want to replay as a girl, or if this minor detail is the only difference
There are some minor differences in the text at points but the story doesn't change.
After a certain point (it may be that part you mentioned, hunter) the story is identical for either playthrough.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Still can't play this game, although I've been really looking forward to this game ever since I found a video of it on youtube during last summer since I gave my DS Lite to my cousin together with my flashcart and the one I just ordered for my 3DS wont arrive in a week. I tried it out on an emulator, but its not the same.. Can't enjoy a DS game on the emulators, specially a horror one that has a console like the DS on the story (TS or LS... Forgot which was it >.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I have a question regarding the game, the answer to my question is probably here already somewhere, but I don't really wanna mess up with all these spoilers. xP
During the bit I tried on the emulator (just until you start to play the game during classes I think), what is the name and gender of the character for? Are the name and gender for both, the rpg and the char that plays it?
Character name:
The character name isn't used for much. It is for identifying you (as the character) when you play the game and to identify which save file is which. The character's name is never referred to in the cursed game, but is used on the TS menu and is in the same spot a real DS would have the DS's username.
Character gender:
The character gender isn't used for much, either. The character's gender determines what dialogue you get in some spots and what sprite you have in the cursed game.

However, as I said before: after a certain point in the game, the character's gender is not brought up for any alternate dialogue of any sort. Neither of these player-chosen items are very important in the long run unless you want to see every possible bit of dialogue in the game that there is to see.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyway, I have a question regarding the game, the answer to my question is probably here already somewhere, but I don't really wanna mess up with all these spoilers. xP
During the bit I tried on the emulator (just until you start to play the game during classes I think), what is the name and gender of the character for? Are the name and gender for both, the rpg and the char that plays it?
Character name:
The character name isn't used for much. It is for identifying you (as the character) when you play the game and to identify which save file is which. The character's name is never referred to in the cursed game, but is used on the TS menu and is in the same spot a real DS would have the DS's username.
Character gender:
The character gender isn't used for much, either. The character's gender determines what dialogue you get in some spots and what sprite you have in the cursed game.

However, as I said before: after a certain point in the game, the character's gender is not brought up for any alternate dialogue of any sort. Neither of these player-chosen items are very important in the long run unless you want to see every possible bit of dialogue in the game that there is to see.

Hmk, thanks for the info. ^^
I guess I'll just have to wait for the flashcart for now until I can play it.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Btw, is Nagato planning to work on any other game later on? (Just wondering cuz I saw that screeshot from Sigma Harmonics and from what I've been reading that game was too troublesome for Square Enix to translate since they had to redesign or something? Dunno, I'm just curious xP)
No, that post was made before the translation started, of someone else's translation attempt. Really, the next logical step for Nagato (and the rest of the team, if they wish) would be to translate Nanashi no Game Me. That's just my take on it, however.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Btw, is Nagato planning to work on any other game later on? (Just wondering cuz I saw that screeshot from Sigma Harmonics and from what I've been reading that game was too troublesome for Square Enix to translate since they had to redesign or something? Dunno, I'm just curious xP)
No, that post was made before the translation started, of someone else's translation attempt. Really, the next logical step for Nagato (and the rest of the team, if they wish) would be to translate Nanashi no Game Me. That's just my take on it, however.

That would also be awesome. =3
I heard it has a cursed rpg and a cursed platform, dunno about the rest tho.
Btw, what is the average lenght of the game?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

That would also be awesome. =3
I heard it has a cursed rpg and a cursed platform, dunno about the rest tho.
Btw, what is the average lenght of the game?
Actually, I think the cursed RPG IS the cursed platformer. I'm not too sure, however.

The average length of the game? Hmm... Well, I got around 10-20 hours out of it with about 4 playthroughs, but one playthrough could take around 4-6 hours.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sora de Eclaune said:
Actually, I think the cursed RPG IS the cursed platformer. I'm not too sure, however.

The average length of the game? Hmm... Well, I got around 10-20 hours out of it with about 4 playthroughs, but one playthrough could take around 4-6 hours.

Dunno, check the bottom of this article: [x]
I don't really understand if it's the same game, or a different one (although the game char does seem to be the same as the rpg one), what's for sure is that it has platform parts besides the rpg ones. =O

bejiman

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome! Really glad to see this project done. Big thanks to everyone who contributed in breaking the language barrier.

Who is going to play the Blind Terror?
I was going to, but chickened out halfway through. It was way too nerve wracking for me!

What is blind terror? I googled it and all I found was a movie.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! Really glad to see this project done. Big thanks to everyone who contributed in breaking the language barrier.

Who is going to play the Blind Terror?
I was going to, but chickened out halfway through. It was way too nerve wracking for me!

What is blind terror? I googled it and all I found was a movie.
It's the same as regular mode, incept you can't see ghosts until they're REALLY close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    RG Cube is going to be good for ps2 if it's $100
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and since the default emulator is below average i downloaded some "replacements" like snes9x for snes games for example
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And I also have my ps3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea ps3 is a beast still to today compared to most "sticks"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you just want pi for emulation no point when Anbernic releases new shit every two seconds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's really cool about Pi's tho is you can have multiple SD cards with different OS on each SD card and change from say a gaming machine to a full fledged pc if wanted
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Plus all bios are set up and usually includes at least 128gbs or 64
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but if your main goal is just to play n64 and GameCube you can save about $50 and have the portability option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man hole, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man hole, to store all my systems, then I'm...