Hardware N3DS won't boot, only blue led shows up.

Masanohashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aye !
Recently i have bought a used N3DS, the smaller model. It was described as working, altough the touchscreen didn't. Someone did open it up before from what i have seen, but it did boot up. Worked as described, only touchscreen wasn't. I dissasembled it myself, and saw that the touchscreen ribbon was totally worn out. No doubt that it doesn't work. I already have a replacement touchscreen shipped, do that's not the problem. The one that i struggle with is the fact, that after i put it back together, everything the way it was, it won't even boot up. Both screens are Black, only the blue led shows up, and stays that way until i reset it. Also, i've got to admit that some of the connectors, the ones that are known as the ones that arent supposed to be lifted up, were a little loose.
And the questions of mine. Does the n3ds boot without the tochscreen ribbon attached? It looks to me that it is the culprit, and after i change this one, IT should boot, altough i am worried about the connectors, that i described above. I will try to attach some pics for better understanding, considering the fact that i write like, well

Thanks in advice!

Masanohashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What would indicate that the console is fried? Also, does the n3ds boot without the R and L ribbons attached? It's a bit of a hassle to put them back together everytime i disassemble/reassemble the console.

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
What would indicate that the console is fried? Also, does the n3ds boot without the R and L ribbons attached? It's a bit of a hassle to put them back together everytime i disassemble/reassemble the console.
Dont need L or R ribbons but the wireless card needs to connected or you'll only get a blue light. Double check all other ribbons, even if they're half a mm out (or not in straight) you get problems!

try tightening the friction clamps by pressing down on them gently

Last edited by mudassirul,
Reactions: Masanohashi

Masanohashi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, i have managed to boot up the console. The problem is, that the touchscreen doesent work. The n3ds starts at configuration menu, and there's nothing i can do about it. I am certain that the touchscreen does work. I've swapped it with another console and it did work. The connector looks good as well. Can it be that there's a motherboard malfunction? Does anyone know where is the chip that stands for the tochscreen?

Also, from time to time it takes longer to boot, sometimes even fails at it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160416_211242.jpg
    IMG_20160416_211242.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by Masanohashi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ