Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Yes, that was what I was suggesting.
This is based on my memory and the different grouping of the Japanese or EUR N3DS(I seem to recall they were in a tight square. I believe that pinout was
D0=SW
D1=SE
D2=NE
D3=NW
counter clockwise starting at bottom left if the chip was to the right of the pads. Again, if I recall correctly.
Image from post.
Pin_Test.jpg
Are you suggesting that euro n3dsxl has dat0 in the place of dat1 of usa n3dsxl?
I soldered dat0 into (3) on your image and I am able to read nand but not write, should resoldering it in place of dat1 fix it?

Last edited by BasedIndex,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of any reader to usb microsd plate that can fit inside the New 3DS not-XL?
If you can solder, almost any Realtek chipset (like the ones mention in the first post) can be trimmed down to a very small chip. I don't know of any that are small without modification.

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
If you can solder, almost any Realtek chipset (like the ones mention in the first post) can be trimmed down to a very small chip. I don't know of any that are small without modification.

Then, while respecting the chip I can cut quite the plate?

I think really the most problematic is the switch to the cmd and clk.

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have use the search bar, maybe wrong use haha.
I have search "raspberry", why ? Because I want to know if the sd reader of the pi (model B) can read/write the n3ds nand. I load up a linux in ramfs, then tada, dd on the nand and hop, my n3ds will be reusable.
The only answer found are about unlocking nand, not restore a nand backup or dump :/

mr_man_029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this question in that other hard modding thread but I'll post it here too. How important is the gauge of the wire that you use? I see a lot of people recommending 30 AWG, but I only have 20 AWG wire (I think, it's the wires used with breadboards, Arduino, etc.). And also, I have wire that's pretty close to 30 AWG but it's stranded instead of solid. Does that affect the read and write process at all?

Toiry921

Maki Best Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question a little off topic but I opened my N3ds (gonna do Nand mod Later), and I noticed some writing on my boards, Written in marker, Seems like it has some significance as I haven't seen any like this on any of the pictures I've viewed
bSD1PuD.jpg
yWWXXJb.jpg

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I posted this question in that other hard modding thread but I'll post it here too. How important is the gauge of the wire that you use? I see a lot of people recommending 30 AWG, but I only have 20 AWG wire (I think, it's the wires used with breadboards, Arduino, etc.). And also, I have wire that's pretty close to 30 AWG but it's stranded instead of solid. Does that affect the read and write process at all?
the thinner the wires you use , the better result you get
you can just compare to the traces that nintendo uses for those lines

mr_man_029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thinner the wires you use , the better result you get
you can just compare to the traces that nintendo uses for those lines
You're gonna hate me, but why? lol. I did a little research and the only thing that changes when shrinking the wire size is higher resistance and a higher voltage drop (though we're not working with large distances so this one seems negligible). The only benefit I'm seeing with using higher gauged wire is the limited space that it needs to fit inside the 3DS.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
man, , you are working with low voltage/curent , guess why people always ask to shortenn the wires to 10 cm to 15 to gzet best reading?!
wfat wires has more resistance , and using the univesal law u=Ri , higher resistance means lower voltage , or if the voltage is sfixed it means lower curent
that's all electronics

look here :
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wire-gauges-d_419.html

Last edited by mitroux,

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i cut a ribbon cable, can i use them for the mod? they are very small but solid and resistant, for a new3ds (non xl) im also have a awg26 cable of 5 lines (not one) which is the best? thanks!

pd, sorry bad eng

Attachments

• 20160226_141022.jpg
    20160226_141022.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by JCR1,

mr_man_029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man, , you are working with low voltage/curent , guess why people always ask to shortenn the wires to 10 cm to 15 to gzet best reading?!
wfat wires has more resistance , and using the univesal law u=Ri , higher resistance means lower voltage , or if the voltage is sfixed it means lower curent
that's all electronics

look here :
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/wire-gauges-d_419.html
I'm familiar with Ohm's law, but if I'm reading you right you're saying that the larger the diameter of the wire the more resistance? Because if so then that's not true :P
EDIT: Oh and I'm not trying to argue with you or anything I'm just trying to get a better understanding of it all :)

Last edited by mr_man_029,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps