Hardware N3DS NAND backup possible, I hope.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the error code I consistently got when it was working ended in "00000200 00000000". I'm using this adapter made by Omega:
oucrm.jpg

It's the exact same one I used before so I'm not sure what this means.
Then likely something loose in the custom sd card wire

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I determined that the SD card reader itself is no longer working. I don't know what happened but I'll have to look into it further.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another issue now. I specifically ordered this SD adapter because it says in the first post that it works: SanDisk SDDR-121-A11M. But I cannot get it to work. It's the simplest wiring and I can see that there are no faults, and my multimeter confirms so. Is there anyone who's used this adapter and can describe how to use it?

Edit: I can confirm that this SanDisk SDDR-121-A11M DOES NOT work with the N3DS Toshiba eMMC. They have changed the chipset since Avalynn tested it here.

Last edited by JacksonS,

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created a little microUSB to USB cable for reading and writing to the NAND using the Realtek RTS5158 chipset (in the black box). I installed a microUSB port in the 3DS to go with it. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has the materials and tinkers with the NAND a lot.
2i0xf1d.jpg

10zddfl.jpg

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created a little microUSB to USB cable for reading and writing to the NAND using the Realtek RTS5158 chipset (in the black box). I installed a microUSB port in the 3DS to go with it. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has the materials and tinkers with the NAND a lot.
2i0xf1d.jpg

10zddfl.jpg
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370765705349 , Do You know if this will work to open those hidden screws to access the motherboard? I Heard You need to use Phillips #00...[N3dsXL]

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.ebay.com/itm/370765705349 , Do You know if this will work to open those hidden screws to access the motherboard? I Heard You need to use Phillips #00...
I don't know. The screwdriver I have always used for opening 3DSs came with a replacement DS Lite shell that I ordered on eBay. Maybe you can find a similar screwdriver made specifically for 3DS.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. The screwdriver I have always used for opening 3DSs came with a replacement DS Lite shell that I ordered on eBay. Maybe you can find a similar screwdriver made specifically for 3DS.
Is there a specific name for it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All Over Ebay i just keep finding tri screw drivers :(

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by atkfromabove,

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why Is Using a magnetic tips so dangerous to the motherboard?
There is the possibility that it can mess something up if the magnet is strong enough. It is very very unlikely but it is just recommended to not take the chance. I personally have used a magnetic tip plenty of times with no issues but I am not always as careful as I should be.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2i0xf1d.jpg

10zddfl.jpg
What did you use to cut a slot for the microusb port? I ordered the adafruit microusb b like that one...

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
First, that's a pretty messy solder job. Are you sure none of those wires are shorting across other traces?

Second... you really should have shown us the ground as well. It looks to me like you used ground from the power connector, and that would EXACTLY be your problem, if that's the case. Trust me. That's what I did on my first N3DS and spent days trying to figure it out until I ended up pulling a pad off of the MB while attempting to de-solder a wire. Permanent brick. Silver pen can't fix it. Blob of solder can't fix it...

anyway, use the recommended ground point on the bottom left of the board.

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/usabegnd-jpg.15698/

Edit: on second thought, maybe you didn't do that. But why is everything in 1 piece? I can't tell how long the wires are, but too long and it won't work right either, and can also keep you on the blue screen even when not connected to a reader. There is also a much better CLK point on the other side as well. Try using that, if you're using the correct ground point.
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/altclk-jpg.17926/
Thanks for this. I too am having trouble figuring this out. Even with a working transcend adapter with a blue screen and popping an "insert G drive" window I still can't get it to work. I grounded to sd shielding though. Isn't the sd/game cart shieldings are perfect for GND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe but is it worth it?