• Replies 403
  • Likes 15

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Kong '94(SGB Enhanced)

GREEN TEXT: a game that is currently being worked on to DX.
Wait, what? Where? I understand it's not done, but I'd love to know where I can see information on this colorization mod specifically.

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7604/
Another interesting case of DX hack. Instead of redoing a GB or SGB game into full color, it recolors an already Game Boy Color game and adds some more features (like autoboot). Makes me remember when I wrongfully said that this game needed a colorization hack when there WAS an official color version on the market.

Don't know why they removed shading on Simon's sprite in this hack, though. It does make no sense.

Reactions: hippy dave

Stories8106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7604/
Another interesting case of DX hack. Instead of redoing a GB or SGB game into full color, it recolors an already Game Boy Color game and adds some more features (like autoboot). Makes me remember when I wrongfully said that this game needed a colorization hack when there WAS an official color version on the market.

Don't know why they removed shading on Simon's sprite in this hack, though. It does make no sense.
3 color sprite restriction, no other way to make it work without an overlay. Overlays like Mega Man's face are massive pain in the ass and require a ton of technical understanding.

Would you rather have a character in color, or a shaded character that looks like wood?

Stories8106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, they're an idiot. They also want bright green mudmen. Besides, it's official artwork for Christopher Belmont (just FYI).

1678143608595.png

Last edited by Stories8106,
  • Haha
Reactions: Ligeia and lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will get to that one later, but shockingly I never actually played SML2 back in the day...
Wow, have you been living under a rock? :P
I'm jealous though since you can experience it for the first time and even straight up with the outstanding color hack which is how you should play it. The levels are so creative and different that this HAD to be in color. It's an easy and short game (not as short as SML1 though) but it's fantastic. Dunno how many times I played through it on how many devices. Such a gem!

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow, have you been living under a rock? :P
I'm jealous though since you can experience it for the first time and even straight up with the outstanding color hack which is how you should play it. The levels are so creative and different that this HAD to be in color. It's an easy and short game (not as short as SML1 though) but it's fantastic. Dunno how many times I played through it on how many devices. Such a gem!
I've actually lived under a variety of different rocks over the past few decades. Thanks, will look forward to checking it out!

Reactions: lordelan

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mega Man World 5 DX is about to be updated! Here's what we'll have next...

v1.5
- restored enemy damage blink when hit
- improved Mars and Uranus semibosses
- improved Jupiter metasprite
- improved Venus and Neptune (inside) backgrounds
- added DMG warning screen
- added transparency to Venus stage mud
- fixed Salt Water physics
- fixed Pluto's falling platforms hitbox
- fixed wrong chosen weapon palette when consuming W-Tanks
- fixed wrong Dark Moon palettes in some circumstances
- fixed Sunstar final dialog box in some circumstances
- fixed screen flash during Black Hole demonstration
- fixed Neptune stage tile
- fixed Neptune projectiles palette
- fixed mini Rush Space sprite
- fixed enemy Soshi Breaker palette
- fixed enemy Shabohn palette
- fixed enemy Wandarin Heddo tileset
- fixed enemy Boostun tileset & palette
- fixed Mercury stolen energy pellets palette
- fixed planet sprite during Rush Space

SDA

Wanderin' Jelly Boy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
4DqUVMG.png

Yakuman, the only Game Boy launch game not released outside Japan, also deserves a DX colorization honestly. Keep in mind that no Yakuman games were ever released for the Game Boy Color.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, they're an idiot. They also want bright green mudmen. Besides, it's official artwork for Christopher Belmont (just FYI).

View attachment 357519
What works on artwork doesn't necessarily works onscreen. Action must be easily readable most of all. There are many instances of onscreen characters having different colors than official artworks.

Last edited by Ligeia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8