Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After 5+ months of learning Gimp's workspace, I finally completed my first digital painting made with "professional software" :yay:
I was hopping to get some criticism.
This picture has been cut up to a 40% of its original size.
Not.png

I'm a Mexican Self-taught artist. And I'm open for requests.
If you need something related with portraits, covers and such, I'm your guy! :sleep:

Last edited by Gizametalman,

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I'm not an amateur-ish guy.
I do take my work very serious.
Also, I'd like to be a fine artist, so... :creep:

Thanks for your comments. My attention seeking has been fulfilled.
LEL just kidding. But seriously guys. I can make you a nice portrait if you ask me to. :)

hunoi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is Epic! Would you be a able to make me a portrait?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is Epic! Would you be a able to make me a portrait?

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Yes. That depends on various things and depends on which style you want me to paint it.
If you grant me with a hi-res picture of the desired person you want me to paint, then I'll be glad to do it.
I find very difficult to paint pictures with low resolution. This is because in order to paint the details I need a good resolution to be able to see them.
You want me to PM you?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is beyond epic.
Thank you very much, but honestly I don't like this. I mean, I do like it, but I'm not really proud of this.
This is a test, and it's a bit dull. I have to improve my technique, so this is nothing serious.

WOW IT AWESOME
Obrigado.

I usually see topics like this one and when you open to see the "art" you get a bad sketch made like a 5 years old.
This is not the case, this is amazing! :O
Great job indeed!
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed this painting.

Good Job 9/10:grog:
Is that bad?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy crap this is great. How long did this take? Did you use a photograph as a reference?

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is amazing! :O
Thanks.

holy crap this is great. How long did this take? Did you use a photograph as a reference?
Mmmm... kind of... couple of hours.
Honestly, I didn't knew what I was doing, then, it became clear. This sounds like bull shit, but I've been trying to paint since past july.
About a week ago I was having some personal problems (related with my OCD) and that problem didn't allowed me to paint.
As you might guess by now, I pursue perfection with my art. And two days ago I was just doodling, and it became this. Of course I used a reference.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

Mmmm... kind of... couple of hours.
Honestly, I didn't knew what I was doing, then, it became clear. This sounds like bull shit, but I've been trying to paint since past july.
About a week ago I was having some personal problems (related with my OCD) and that problem didn't allowed me to paint.
As you might guess by now, I pursue perfection with my art. And two days ago I was just doodling, and it became this. Of course I used a reference.
I was just wondering because I'm sort of an artist too, and I usually don't use references. Of course my stuff doesn't end up looking so realistic d:

I was just wondering what level of reference you used. Whether you exactly copied a photograph or whether you used a lot of images as a jumping off point.

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, I just used one photograph. Whatever I want to practice I use a reference. For instance, with this one I wanted to practice my painting skills to see if I've already mastered the software, so...voilá. And I added some personal touches here and there, like that orange lights in her hair, in order to make contrast.

I have a layout in Gimp, where I can have my reference in one window, while painting in the other. And I use real tools to measure. I mean, that I put my tools onto the screen to measure exactly what I'm painting.
A good painting starts with a good sketch.

Reactions: x65943

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
After 5+ months of learning Gimp's workspace, I finally completed my first digital painting made with "professional software" :yay:
I was hopping to get some criticism.
This picture has been cut up to a 40% of its original size.
View attachment 78317
I'm a Mexican Self-taught artist. And I'm open for requests.
If you need something related with portraits, covers and such, I'm your guy! :sleep:
I can't believe that's your first digital painting. Looks great!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
that's very nice.
isn't it too hard to work on a very large canvas? when you are in 100% zoom, you only see a part of the painting. you have to zoom in/out quite often, no?

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s