Hacking Multi Mod Manager " Error mounting USB " help

JFalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After getting my external hard drive prepared I open Multi Mod Manager and try going to WADS but notice I need to mount my HDD.

I choose my drive and get " Error mounting USB ", what is it I am doing wrong?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok, let me know if it fixed your problem.
that manager has been updated very recently (this month) so it should be fine.
It uses IOS58, so you need to have that IOS. if your console is old and not updated you might miss that IOS.

its name is funny
"yet another wad manager mod"-mod

it's a mod-mod ! :lol:

Reactions: JFalcon

JFalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It uses IOS58, so you need to have that IOS. if your console is old and not updated you might miss that IOS.

its name is funny

It fixes my problem. :) Thank you very much.

Reactions: Cyan

JFalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

its name is funny

I got another question if you don't mind answering. Is is possible to launch wads from my HDD without having to install them to the console itself?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, kind of. (you don't just launch the wad, you still have to install them)
it's possible by making of copy of your console's memory (NAND), and redirecting access to the copy.
It means you can have up to 4TB of (fake/redirected) internal memory, instead of 512MB !

It's (wrongly) called "Emulated NAND".
best name would be redirected NAND, but it's now a common term to use "emuNAND" to talk about that feature.

It's very easy to setup, and I recommend using USBLoaderGX to create/manage/launch games located on it.
it's not 100% compatible, but 80-90% of the games are working. for the non working games you can install to your real NAND memory (on the console), or use another redirecting method called "neek".

1. launch USBGX
2. select where you want to put your memory copy (settings>user path>emuNAND channel folders), by default it's "sd:/nand/", you can set it to "usb1:/nand" if you want to use USB to get more free space.*
3. settings>features>dump NAND>full
4. settings>features>emuNAND WAD Manager (to install games into the emulated NAND folder instead of your real console)
5. main window > top menu > 4th icon > enable "channels from emuNAND".

* USB has some restrictions, if your HDD is not compatible, the loader will tell you what the problem is when launching a game.

I'll let you read more about emuNAND here :
https://gbatemp.net/posts/6592730

Last edited by Cyan,

JFalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
it's possible by making of copy of your console's memory (NAND), and redirecting access to the copy.
It means you can have up to 4TB of (fake/redirected) internal memory, instead of 512MB !

best name would be redirected NAND, but it's now a common term to use "emuNAND" to talk about that feature.

It's very easy to setup, and I recommend using USBLoaderGX to create/manage/launch games located on it.
it's not 100% compatible, but 80-90% of the games are working. for the non working games you can install to your real NAND memory (on the console), or use another redirecting method called "neek".

1. launch USBGX
2. select where you want to put your memory copy (settings>user path>emuNAND channel folders), by default it's "sd:/nand/", you can set it to "usb1:/nand" if you want to use USB to get more free space.*
4. settings>features>emuNAND WAD Manager (to install games into the emulated NAND folder instead of your real console)

* USB has some restrictions, if your HDD is not compatible, the loader will tell you what the problem is when launching a game.

Huh, after dumping my nand, I brought the drive to my pc to check if everything worked, then go back to my Wii to boot Usbloader back up but it's no longer recognizing my drive?

JFalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

1. launch USBGX

NVM, it's working now. Thank you for all the information. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1