Status
Not open for further replies.

alpha920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to fight people... anyways I was wondering, even if not very accurate isnt there a lot of japanese text translators free online we can use for translating? I think it shouldnt be a huge deal if a couple of words are off but atleast close right?

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
alpha920 said:
no need to fight people... anyways I was wondering, even if not very accurate isnt there a lot of japanese text translators free online we can use for translating? I think it shouldnt be a huge deal if a couple of words are off but atleast close right?
Everyone of them gives horrendously wrong translations. Do you really want to try that? And why are you all forcing this on Noitora? He said he'd do it at the end of summer if there are translators deciding to help him, so just be patient for god's sake. Or, do it yourself with an online text translator, you'll see.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.psyched said:
alpha920 said:
Everyone of them gives horrendously wrong translations. Do you really want to try that? And why are you all forcing this on Noitora? He said he'd do it at the end of summer if there are translators deciding to help him, so just be patient for god's sake. Or, do it yourself with an online text translator, you'll see.

I couldn't have said this any better.
Go ahead and try the Japanese text translators online, you won't be able to understand it any more than the Japanese.
If you don't learn patience, at least learn understanding. Understand that he's doing the best he can right now.

This is an example of google translate, a little piece from my translation.

????
??????????
??????

Google says:
"Touch
Screen by pressing the inner thigh
I'll be."

It should be: "Touch by pressing the screen."

Should you need us,
Inori and I will help.

alpha920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.psyched said:
alpha920 said:

I dont know why you think everyone is forcing noitora to do it, I was just suggesting but I guess the google translator are worser than I expected.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why but reading this thread made me want pizza really badly. Just sayin'.

phoenixgoddess27 said:
????
??????????
??????

Google says:
"Touch
Screen by pressing the inner thigh
I'll be."

It should be: "Touch by pressing the screen."

In Google's defense, that's a pretty bizarrely worded clause, "Touch by pressing the screen", and touching inner thighs sounds much more entertaining anyway.
smileipb2.png

Shintek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Currently on Chapter 10, great translation so far, thanks alot!

Was really a pain to play without equipment translation
frown.gif

Cachwir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Game finished. Final boss really easy. Team: Aladin (Plays after Axel so F Gauge user, always under strike with KOS-MOS or Axel), Neige (F Gauge++), KOS-MOS (Heal, buff and good attack) and Axel (F Gauge user, buff and good attack). Thanks a lot Noitora, i'd not have played this wonderful game without your work!

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've recently picked up learning Japanese again, so I might be of some help should Noitora decide to translate the story.
I can't guarantee how fast I'll be though, but I'll try at least.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Demonbart said:
I've recently picked up learning Japanese again, so I might be of some help should Noitora decide to translate the story.
I can't guarantee how fast I'll be though, but I'll try at least.

Translating games kind of depends on your Japanese level.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fel said:
What is KOS-MOS doing in this game? How did she get in story-wise? And is her character faithful to her Xenosaga version?
She was teleported over in the first game because of in problem in the space time continuum, and well, she was supposed to have been sent home, so it beats me. How the heck did she come back? >.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.psyched said:
Fel said:
What is KOS-MOS doing in this game? How did she get in story-wise? And is her character faithful to her Xenosaga version?
She was teleported over in the first game because of in problem in the space time continuum, and well, she was supposed to have been sent home, so it beats me. How the heck did she come back? >.<
Oh wow. Maybe it's explained somewhere in the game itself?

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fel said:
.psyched said:
Fel said:
She was teleported over in the first game because of in problem in the space time continuum, and well, she was supposed to have been sent home, so it beats me. How the heck did she come back? >.<
Oh wow. Maybe it's explained somewhere in the game itself?
Well, there's an explanation written in the profile, but to really understand what happened, you'd have to go through the story x3

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.psyched said:
Fel said:

That's confusing.
In the third Xenosaga her lifeform was floating through space, but her body wasn't all there, so this is a bit... confusing.
I don't really play these type of games, but I beta tested for Noitora and also curious about KOS-MOS's presence int he game, so I guess I'll try them out to find out.
Thankfully I can read Japanese XD

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
phoenixgoddess27 said:
.psyched said:
Fel said:

That's confusing.
In the third Xenosaga her lifeform was floating through space, but her body wasn't all there, so this is a bit... confusing.
I don't really play these type of games, but I beta tested for Noitora and also curious about KOS-MOS's presence int he game, so I guess I'll try them out to find out.
Thankfully I can read Japanese XD
Please tell me what happens then!
Actually, I think in this crossover we're supposed the original timeline of Xenosaga, like how all crossovers are.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.psyched said:
Actually, I think in this crossover we're supposed the original timeline of Xenosaga, like how all crossovers are.

Haha, I will, but according to Noitora, if this game isn't localized, he'd translate the story and my friend Inori and I already offered to help him translate that.
And this game isn't as text heavy as TMGS2, so the translation would go much faster than that.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
phoenixgoddess27 said:
.psyched said:

Haha, I will, but according to Noitora, if this game isn't localized, he'd translate the story and my friend Inori and I already offered to help him translate that.
And this game isn't as text heavy as TMGS2, so the translation would go much faster than that.
Great! That way, the fans will all be pretty sure the translation's going to be neat x3

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.psyched said:
Great! That way, the fans will all be pretty sure the translation's going to be neat x3

Haha, I hope so!
I hope it won't be an open translation though, a few considered google translate X_X
And if you googled what I posted in the TMGS2 thread, you'd see how perverted google happens to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof