ROM Hack Mugen no Frontier EXCEED menu translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome this is great good luck, hopefully you will do a full translation,but seeing how your other translations ended up not getting my hopes up

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
corr0126 said:
awesome this is great good luck, hopefully you will do a full translation,but seeing how your other translations ended up not getting my hopes up

That's not real encouraging or helpful. Why post in his thread if you're just gonna be rude? He's not asking you to play his translation, so there's no need for you to say any of that other than good luck.

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
corr0126 said:

That's not real encouraging or helpful. Why post in his thread if you're just gonna be rude? He's not asking you to play his translation, so there's no need for you to say any of that other than good luck.
I'm not being rude what I meant, was that people will complain if he doesn't give updates on the patch, and then this thread will get closed has happened before, I used his patches before, my favorite one is the hajime no ippo one

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
corr0126 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
corr0126 said:

I'm not being rude what I meant, was that people will complain if he doesn't give updates on the patch, and then this thread will get closed has happened before, I used his patches before, my favorite one is the hajime no ippo one

Then maybe you should revise your post so it doesn't come off as rude.

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
corr0126 said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
corr0126 said:

Then maybe you should revise your post so it doesn't come off as rude.
well then I will wait patiently for this patch goodday sorry for being honest

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Honesty is never a bad thing and never apologize for being honest. I just didn't think it was necessary to say you're not going to get your hopes up just because of his other translations, if you recall, a few of them required a translator.

Have a good day.

corr0126

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
QUOTE said:

Honesty is never a bad thing and never apologize for being honest. I just didn't think it was necessary to say you're not going to get your hopes up just because of his other translations, if you recall, a few of them required a translator.

Have a good day.
glad we both see eye to eye on this one

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iirc, Noitora did say that he only works on simple translations like menu, items, skills, and whatnot for any of his translation. And that he will wait for a dedicated translator to help him with the story and anything else that needs to be translated.

But the problem is... there are way too much leechers/noobs complaining about an update and hardly anyone volunteering to help with the translation. Then again, imo this is how gbatemp works. >_>

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdarkx said:
iirc, Noitora did say that he only works on simple translations like menu, items, skills, and whatnot for any of his translation. And that he will wait for a dedicated translator to help him with the story and anything else that needs to be translated.

But the problem is... there are way too much leechers/noobs complaining about an update and hardly anyone volunteering to help with the translation. Then again, imo this is how gbatemp works. >_>

Hmmm... I'll see what I can do to help him.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd gladly help. The problem is, I know absolutely nothing about Japanese, I do not know anything about Hacking (I've tried, but I don't know where to start off) and frankly, all I can do is sit around and wish the translation is going to satisfy me. It most cases, yes they do. I'm just glad people are wasting their time on translations, although they don't gain anything from it.

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bason230 said:
I'd gladly help. The problem is, I know absolutely nothing about Japanese, I do not know anything about Hacking (I've tried, but I don't know where to start off) and frankly, all I can do is sit around and wish the translation is going to satisfy me. It most cases, yes they do. I'm just glad people are wasting their time on translations, although they don't gain anything from it.

I'm more of an 'Editorial Tester'. I test the game for bugs and see what effects what, but I also read the script and edit as need be so everything flows and is enjoyable to read.
If you give me a 2 two page chunk of text and ask me to edit it I'll look at you like some crazy person. Give me 50 pages, but now inside of a game, and I'll have it done by the next morning.

My Japanese is limited to 'Hey! I saw that before! It probably means GAME OVER.' I can pick out like... 'Fire', 'Water', and 'Earth'. Even that is asking a lot from me.
tongue.gif

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
That's actually a great "Job"! I take it it's like you're a beta-tester or something, helping to finalize the patch?
Actually, my Japanese is worse than yours. Or rather, I can figure it out if it's oral, not written down xP I mean, I recognize the words when they are pronounced, not written down in Kanji/Katakana/Hiragana. By the way, I'm still wondering how Game Over sounds like in Japanese x3
So yeah, it might not be glorious or Legendary (Barney Stinson reference *O*) but I'm glad I'd still get a chance to help out on a translation someday, even if I don't know anything specific about ROM Hacking or Japanese.
It's nice you answered, by the way =D

KaelKazaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bason230 said:
That's actually a great "Job"! I take it it's like you're a beta-tester or something, helping to finalize the patch?
Actually, my Japanese is worse than yours. Or rather, I can figure it out if it's oral, not written down xP I mean, I recognize the words when they are pronounced, not written down in Kanji/Katakana/Hiragana. By the way, I'm still wondering how Game Over sounds like in Japanese x3
So yeah, it might not be glorious or Legendary (Barney Stinson reference *O*) but I'm glad I'd still get a chance to help out on a translation someday, even if I don't know anything specific about ROM Hacking or Japanese.

I just wanna play these games so instead of waiting and hoping someone does something I'll actually do something about it and try to do a damn good job while I'm at it.

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
KaelKazaki and bason230, you'll receive a new beta patch either tomorrow or the day after that. You're not obliged to search for any bugs but I'd like to receive some feedback about the translations.

Vartio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
KaelKazaki and bason230, you'll receive a new beta patch either tomorrow or the day after that. You're not obliged to search for any bugs but I'd like to receive some feedback about the translations.

Lucky guys. Have fun you two.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
KaelKazaki said:
bason230 said:

I just wanna play these games so instead of waiting and hoping someone does something I'll actually do something about it and try to do a damn good job while I'm at it.

I promise you I've been asking around if I could help out, but they didn't need me, in most cases. That's why I thought "Maybe I should just wait and see how it goes". That's lame, right? But now, it's cool, I'm actually going to beta-test this translation. So, I think I owe you a thanks too, actually. Thank you.

QUOTE(Noitora @ Jul 5 2010, 07:45 PM)
That is just great. Thank you so much, Noitora. I'll do my best, promise.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
By the way, Noitora, I was wondering (since I'm testing out the second patch you've made while waiting for the beta) why the characters names, Alady and Neige, are romanized during battles, but not during dialogues or in the menu?
EDIT: Actually, that goes for all the characters I've played with. By the way, I don't know if you've already adressed the problem in the beta, but text is "overflowing in Formation/Set assists. A word is missing too. Otherwise, everything's well.

Noitora

::
OP
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Let me know if there's anything I can do Noitora, I owe you for helping me with some questions for my translation.
There's no need, you don't really owe me anything.

QUOTE(bason230 @ Jul 6 2010, 03:49 AM) By the way, Noitora, I was wondering (since I'm testing out the second patch you've made while waiting for the beta) why the characters names, Alady and Neige, are romanized during battles, but not during dialogues or in the menu?
EDIT: Actually, that goes for all the characters I've played with. By the way, I don't know if you've already adressed the problem in the beta, but text is "overflowing in Formation/Set assists. A word is missing too. Otherwise, everything's well.
I think I've fixed all of the above apart from the untranslated dialogue names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...