Hacking MT-card(maybe the first 3ds multi-rom flash card)

Leiard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your answere.
I hope we will know for sure about that little point soon ^^
currently I use Gw b02 without Problems but I think about buying the MT too
Its just this littlepoint stopping me from buying the MT

Runehasa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a passing thought but what if Gateway and MT-card were actually one and the same. Gateway releases multirom support under the guise of MT card and has a communication black out for a few months. Everyone thinks gateway is dead and jumps ship to MT buying new hardware just for gateway to release its 2.0 down the road so people flock back. Could be a easy way for them to get people to buy multiple pieces of hardware and boost sales

Could explain why gateway doenst seem rattled at all that MT has surpassed them and people are jumping ship

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a passing thought but what if Gateway and MT-card were actually one and the same. Gateway releases multirom support under the guise of MT card and has a communication black out for a few months. Everyone thinks gateway is dead and jumps ship to MT buying new hardware just for gateway to release its 2.0 down the road so people flock back. Could be a easy way for them to get people to buy multiple pieces of hardware and boost sales

Could explain why gateway doenst seem rattled at all that MT has surpassed them and people are jumping ship
stop making up conspiracies and they are not worried much about clones cause MT card just released ONE update so not much done on their part to prove them strong competition also they are putting in their own work so yea maybe gateway has some pride and want r4i to piss off and stop copy and pasting. gateway hasn't gone black out and they don't like to spam post on their website with "coming soon" unless they are spammed with hundreds of emails that they just release a video to shut us up. and if they are the same team i think they would have released much more minor updates constantly on mtcard to show their ability for more buyers atm its not much to base it on.

Reactions: Etheboss

Ghada

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WAIT WAIT, So Animal Crossing work on MT-Card ? or are they still trying to support it? I'm so confused since my english isn't that good and i can't understand most of what you guys say.

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Honestly, I'd have chosen Gateway as they pioneered all this. The brick code has me worried though, which is the main reason I'm seriously thinking of buying an MT. That plus sweet features (multi-rom, Emuand, Region-Free), put this way on top right now. Still have questions though - how reliable is it? Does multiplayer work with official cartridges on emunand (you'd think so, but there's nowhere it's specifically stated)? Any weird crashes, problems with certain SD-Cards? What SD capacity is supported? Can it run DS games, or would I still need my old cartridge for that?

Still, if I had to bite the bullet and buy one now, I'd prolly go for MT. Unknown true, but great features and no reason to suspect brick code swing it for me.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
WAIT WAIT, So Animal Crossing work on MT-Card ? or are they still trying to support it? I'm so confused since my english isn't that good and i can't understand most of what you guys say.

No.

Honestly, I'd have chosen Gateway as they pioneered all this. The brick code has me worried though, which is the main reason I'm seriously thinking of buying an MT. That plus sweet features (multi-rom, Emuand, Region-Free), put this way on top right now. Still have questions though - how reliable is it? Does multiplayer work with official cartridges on emunand (you'd think so, but there's nowhere it's specifically stated)? Any weird crashes, problems with certain SD-Cards? What SD capacity is supported? Can it run DS games, or would I still need my old cartridge for that?

Still, if I had to bite the bullet and buy one now, I'd prolly go for MT. Unknown true, but great features and no reason to suspect brick code swing it for me.

Multiplayer works with using official cartridges on emunand PROVIDED your 3DS and the cartridge is the same region.

Cerealport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... purchased an older 3DS so that I didn't have to lug around multiple cartridges way back in December. Was gonna buy the Gateway card as soon as they released multirom (thought it was gonna be latest early February) but the wait is finally getting too ridiculous for me.

So tempted to get the MT-Card now. I just wish that they post some status updates on what they are currently working on. A heads up with an open conversation with your potential customers would do wonders. Of course that only works if you back up that talk with a release *cough gateway *cough.... but at least it would give us some reassurance that this foreign company is actively working on some updates. I'm guessing MT does their own development since they've beaten gateway to the real multirom punch?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ugh... purchased an older 3DS so that I didn't have to lug around multiple cartridges way back in December. Was gonna buy the Gateway card as soon as they released multirom (thought it was gonna be latest early February) but the wait is finally getting too ridiculous for me.

So tempted to get the MT-Card now. I just wish that they post some status updates on what they are currently working on. A heads up with an open conversation with your potential customers would do wonders. Of course that only works if you back up that talk with a release *cough gateway *cough.... but at least it would give us some reassurance that this foreign company is actively working on some updates. I'm guessing MT does their own development since they've beaten gateway to the real multirom punch?

lol Just buy whatever you want according to the current functions. Don't expect updates after your purchase, that's a big mistake.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about it. I just checked and the actual file size limit is exactly 4 GB (4,294,967,295 bytes), so I guess even if you don't trim the ROMs, they still could be stored on FAT32. By the way, you can use rom_tool to trim Bravely Default if you want; it will end up around 3.8GB if I remember correctly.

The only ROMs that seem we won't be able to trim are the CARD2 ones (Pokemon and Animal Crossing) since the save will be stored within the blank space of the ROM.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (USA) shows up as exactly 4.00 GB (4,294,967,296 bytes), but when trying to copy to FAT32 it says it is too large for the destination file system. After running 3DS Explorer it trimmed down to 2.18 GB and then after removing the update data it trimmed down to 2.15 GB.

Games like that will require either exFAT or NTFS or split file support. This means that the only way to play such games on MT Card will be to trim them first. I don't know how well that will work on MT Card, but Gateway 2.01 (released yesterday) warns:

* Trimming

Some users try to trim game files, but this is a bit like gambling. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it will not. For the best compatibility we recommend that users do not trim game files.

By trimming a game file, you are reducing its file size and it will not be fully allocated in the Gateway 3DS card.

This causes problems in particular when the update partition has been removed or when the savegame area has been removed for NAND savegame based games.

Of course, it looks like Gateway 3DS does support exFAT so that won't be a problem.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (USA) shows up as exactly 4.00 GB (4,294,967,296 bytes), but when trying to copy to FAT32 it says it is too large for the destination file system. After running 3DS Explorer it trimmed down to 2.18 GB and then after removing the update data it trimmed down to 2.15 GB.

Games like that will require either exFAT or NTFS or split file support. This means that the only way to play such games on MT Card will be to trim them first. I don't know how well that will work on MT Card, but Gateway 2.01 (released yesterday) warns:

Yes, someone corrected me some posts later, that extra bit is what is making these files unable to be stored in FAT32. ExFAT is the way to go. Also a protip, don't remove the update partitions of the roms. ROMs without the update partition have a high chance to experience problems with flashcards.

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes, someone corrected me some posts later, that extra bit is what is making these files unable to be stored in FAT32. ExFAT is the way to go.

ahh. OK. Didn't realize that.

Also a protip, don't remove the update partitions of the roms. ROMs without the update partition have a high chance to experience problems with flashcards.

Good to know. What about overall trimming though? If I trim the file, and it works, should I expect problems down the road? Also, what about multiplayer?

EDIT: It looks like a ROM splitter is included with the v2.1 files, so FAT32 would be an option as well if anyone prefers it.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Good to know. What about overall trimming though? If I trim the file, and it works, should I expect problems down the road? Also, what about multiplayer?

EDIT: It looks like a ROM splitter is included with the v2.1 files, so FAT32 would be an option as well if anyone prefers it.

It is said that multiplayer doesn't work with trimmed roms, but aside from that, trimmed roms work fine.

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
v1.2 incoming !!

just receive an email from MY-CARD Staff !

Hi,

We receive a lot emails these days asking for the updatet . MT card users are concerned about the nand saved game support. Would like to know if you are intersted to try the update and tell users that we will release the update later tomorrow. Here is the update for nand saved game support:NO LINK. We will release an update file including nand saved game support, eshop game support, etc, so don't show this link to other users.

Thanks for your help!
Jean
www.mt-card.com

I test it, and it's work !!
It's just a BETA update, so, i don't give a link or any file, plz don't ask ! (respect the MT-CARD team)

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
v1.2 incoming !!

It's just a BETA update, so, i don't give a link or any file, plz don't ask ! (respect the MT-CARD team)
Can you tell us whats the main difference now between gateway and mt? is the functionality same like shop games/pokemon etc

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
v1.2 incoming !!

Meh. V1.2 is outdated! They have V6.66

I just received a newer email from them

Hi,

We receive a lot emails these days asking for the updatet . MT card users are concerned about the nand saved game support. Would like to know if you are intersted to try the update and tell users that we will release the update later tomorrow. Our new update is fully supportable by 3DS version 7.1 till 99.8812! Also, our new update is so smart that it'll play games for you too!

Thanks for your help!
Jean
www.mt-card.com

I just tested it! Now it auto plays my games for me!

It's just a alpha release so I won't provide any links, please don't ask.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O