Hacking Most supported device?

Kocrachon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just pre-ordered a Zelda 3DS and want to look into cart after I get it in and mess with it a bit. I read a lot about the carts but I am wondering about support.

As of right now I was thinking the EZFlash VI, but I was wondering, which flash cart can I expect the most amount of long term support? Right now I have a CycloDS for my DS Lite, and I am spoiled with how often they update and how quick, compared to my old R4 cartridge.

So to break it down. Which cart will end up having the best long term support and quick update turn arounds.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Supercard DSTWO. Don't have one myself, but they're quite reliable. I have an Acekard, and I've never had a non-human error problem with it. So for a cheap, great quality card go with Acekard 2i. For an expensive but feature rich, great quality card go with DSTWO.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Either the acekard 2i, the r4i Gold 3ds (from www.r4ids.cn), or the SuperCard DSTwo. All three are currently supported and boot-strap updates are usually released whenever an update blocks the flashcart. Acekard 2i uses akaio firmware, r4i gold 3ds uses wood r4 firmware, and DSTwo is still officially supported by the SuperCard team. All three firmwares have great compatibility to newer games.

The SuperCard DSTwo costs quite a lot compared to the two, but it has some extra functions (i.e. GBA emulator, Real Time Save/Guide, Free Cheat, special homebrews, etc...). If you feel no need for those functions, an ak2i or r4i Gold 3ds will suffice.

Kocrachon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my 3DS so I am reviving the topic a bit.

So for the SuperCardDSTwo, I noticed you mention the GBA Emulator. I was reading up on it and it made mention of "Slot 2 need needed for NOR" but the 3DS has no 2nd slot so I was confused about that.

I still have my DS which I have a Slot 1 and Slot 2 so I am not to worried about that but it would be nice to consolidate down to one device. Also does the GBA Emulator also work with the time issue that Pokemon Emerald has where it needs the "battery"? The free cheat is also tempting too (im a dirty cheater) Will any of these have the cheats support similar to that of cycloDS where the rom file itself will have cheats built into it?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AceKard 2i

DSTWO

iEVO

'nuff said.

EDIT: Emerald WILL NOT work. And about free cheat, its like cheat engine if you've ever used it. Value modifier for nds games so n, no "cheats" are built into the rom.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supercard dstwo is powerful enough to run GBA games without a slot 2 device. if you want to play gba games and ds games then go for the supercard dstwo. if you don't care about gba games than get acekard 2i

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM