Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmac902

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did this got like 180 something wii u/ wii/ gamecube games and a bunch of wii ware and vertual console games on the vwii.

Tehppyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That works great on Firmware 5.5.3! Restarted Wii U many times and still running perfectly with no errors! Congrats!

In order to make it even better, the payload.elf file could open Mocha directly instead of Homebrew Launcher. That would put Mocha on a level similar to Haxchi. Is there any chance for somebody to compile a payload.elf file that runs Mocha first instead of Homebrew Launcher? Because I don't have any idea on how to do that. Thanks!

Last edited by Tehppyd,
Reactions: oslo83

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the following error:

"SD mount failed. Please insert a FAT32 formatted sd card."

My card is FAT32 formatted. I currently have CBHC installed, but trying to reinstall the Wii U Homebrew Launcher.

Please help :)

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why do you use the browser exploit to patch your console if you already have CFW ?

the homebrew launcher is not installed, it's just copied to SD card and launched when asked.
Boot your console, when you see the CBHC boot info, press the Home button to access the boot menu, select boot HBL to load sd:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
no need for browserhax, which will fail because your console is already cfw patched by CBHC.

if you want, you can install the "HBL" channel (HBL 2.x), access HBL like said above. run a CFW patcher (for example simplesigpatcher2hbl), then launch WUP installer to install the channel to your console.
next time you boot your console, CBHC will CFW the system automatically and you'll have an installed channel to launch HBL (not from SD anymore)

Last edited by Cyan,

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do you use the browser exploit to patch your console if you already have CFW ?

the homebrew launcher is not installed, it's just copied to SD card and launched when asked.
Boot your console, when you see the CBHC boot info, press the Home button to access the boot menu, select boot HBL to load sd:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
no need for browserhax, which will fail because your console is already cfw patched by CBHC.

I wanted to try this new exploit, because HBL all of a sudden stopped working correctly.

I pressed the Home button to get to the boot menu, chose Homebrew Loader, and the result is a black screen with a -4 on the top left.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

Flump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted to try this new exploit, because HBL all of a sudden stopped working correctly.

I pressed the Home button to get to the boot menu, chose Homebrew Loader, and the result is a black screen with a -4 on the top left.

-4 means it can see the SD but it can't mount it. Did you do something with the SD recently like reformat it or change the sd?

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I went from a 32gb SD to 64GB SD, but both are formatted the same, and I copied everything over fro. The 32GB to the 64GB (the 64gb is not only larger, but much faster).

The 32GB is now blank and being used in a digital camera

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Flump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. I went from a 32gb SD to 64GB SD, but both are formatted the same, and I copied everything over fro. The 32GB to the 64GB (the 64gb is not only larger, but much faster).

The 32GB is now blank and being used in a digital camera

First of all right click the SD in explorer and select properties. make sure it says fat32 and not exfat.

If it does say fat32 then go into disk management and make sure that the SD only has one partition. If it has more than one then remove them and create a new simple volume of anything (exfat, ntfs) using all the space. Then use guiformat to format it to fat32.

Last edited by Flump,

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is FAT32 formatted. I used Guiformat with 32k clusters. I tried 3 different SD cards (2GB, 32GB, 64GB) with the same result.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it working. I used Panasonic SD Formatter to format the 64GB card to exFAT, then GuiFormat to format it to FAT32/32K clusters.

I know my issue wasn't specific to this new exploit, but hopefully others can use this info when setting up their SD card correctly.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for your report, explaining what you did to fix your issue :)
it'll help lot of users.

SDFormatter seems to do something special to SD card that other formatters don't.
it always helped with other homebrew and other consoles too.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: XC-3730C

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
In order to make it even better, the payload.elf file could open Mocha directly instead of Homebrew Launcher.
That would put Mocha on a level similar to Haxchi.
Is there any chance for somebody to compile a payload.elf file that runs Mocha first instead of Homebrew Launcher? Because I don't have any idea on how to do that. Thanks!

+1 to a mocha payload.elf

Reactions: Tehppyd

Mckayha

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone! Pardon a new user's noobieness :(

But I had a vanilla wii u. Stumbled upon this thread from a youtube video. The only instruction I've done on my Wii u is this and I have Haxchi succesfully installed.

My question is now... Whats next? O_O It seems quite complicated or there is way too much information in this sub forum and neighbouring one. I have my own game cube iso (metroid prime) and wii isos that I'd like to play. but could someone point me in the right direction on what I need to install after this thread to load my games? I currently do not see the home brew launcher, only haxchi which replaced my brain age. After I click on haxchi it just gives me the option to reinstall haxchi.

any help would be so dearly appreciated!

Brawl345

OP
Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
. I have my own game cube iso (metroid prime) and wii isos that I'd like to play. but could someone point me in the right direction on what I need to install after this thread to load my games?
You can inject your games as WiiVC: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/ and use the GamePad for all GameCube games and for some Wii games.
The best option for Wii games is hacking the vWii mode and installing an USB loader there: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

currently do not see the home brew launcher
That's normal, Homebrew launcher as channel doesn't make any sense for standard haxchi. There is not much Wii U homebrew stuff sadly. You can backup your games with disc2app and install them to the Wii U menu with WUP Installer GX2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi