Hacking Moonlight Vita Alpha Released!

mutedvideo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Feeling your pain. Granted it's a "super" alpha release but I wouldn't mind fiddling with it. Probably going to grab a cheap gtx 770 off Craigslist in the next couple days to play with it

Second Alpha was released today and let me tell you how awesome it is! Its working much better than first release. The delay is much smaller, almost not noticable in some games. You also get 60 fps which is nice. Its already 100% usable and I can see myself using it constantly.

naughtyotsel

Trophies
XP
Country
Second Alpha was released today and let me tell you how awesome it is! Its working much better than first release. The delay is much smaller, almost not noticable in some games. You also get 60 fps which is nice. Its already 100% usable and I can see myself using it constantly.
no one linked it yet?

Reactions: Chrisssj2

animedono

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tested a bunch of games and it just works, super happy i chose to get a vita instead of the nvidia shield a few months ago, lol. Minimal to no Lag for most games using native 960x544 60fps , quite a lot more stable than 1st alpha +sound and xinput. Also tested ppspp and Dolphin through steam and both work perfectly, and while its by no means portable to take outside the house, we still get to play every PC game (with gamepad suport) and all (suported by the emulator) psp-gamecube-wii-ps1-ps2 games on the vita which is awesome.

Last edited by animedono,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a laptop with GTX 980M GPU. Custom resolutions are not working for me... it won't allow me to click the button. and DSR is disabled. if I connect my TV screen as display i have the same issue.. Is there a way around this?
this way i wont be able to stream at the 4000 kbps resolution..

create custom resolution greyed out...
EDIT:
I somehow was able to add 960x544 via the app CRU.. but it shows me a black screen. Not sure i used the right settings of the resolution though: Opened topic here:
www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Need-help-with-setting-custom-resolution-nvidia-notebook
Anyone else having trouble with this strange resolution.. I want 60 fps!!!
It won't boot up steam even with my 960x544 resolution... but 1280 works..

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

kftX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a laptop with GTX 980M GPU. Custom resolutions are not working for me... it won't allow me to click the button. and DSR is disabled. if I connect my TV screen as display i have the same issue.. Is there a way around this?
this way i wont be able to stream at the 4000 kbps resolution..

create custom resolution greyed out...
EDIT:
I somehow was able to add 960x544 via the app CRU.. but it shows me a black screen. Not sure i used the right settings of the resolution though: Opened topic here:
www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Need-help-with-setting-custom-resolution-nvidia-notebook
Anyone else having trouble with this strange resolution.. I want 60 fps!!!
It won't boot up steam even with my 960x544 resolution... but 1280 works..

https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4y5oem/moonlight_alpha_2_trick_to_stream_at_1080p60fps/

I've been playing RL a 1080p downscaled to 720p without a hitch. In the last two days I've played:

• SMT: Digital Devil Saga (PS2)
  • Rocket League
  • Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
  • Megadimension Neptunia 7 (Moonlight controller not detected)
All without a single streaming issue.

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
People with the black screen problem:
You need to have the exact resolution and FPS as on the .TXT before starting the bubble.

animedono

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4y5oem/moonlight_alpha_2_trick_to_stream_at_1080p60fps/

I've been playing RL a 1080p downscaled to 720p without a hitch. In the last two days I've played:

• Rocket League
  • Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
Was the audio ok, with PCSX2 in your case? I tried persona 3 and i get audio lag, messing around with the sound options dont seem to help so far. Dolphin with OpenAL and ppsspp work fine but PCSX2 has quite a bit of audio delay when streaming. On the PC itself its ok so has to do with nvidia gamestream i supose.

animedono

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Im trying to play "I am setusuma" But the controls wont work no matter what, Any luck in games like those?
Nope, but its a game + nvidia driver one, seems that same problem exist with nvidia shield controler as well. Tried with x360ce within steam and i can configure the controler to emulate 360 one but i cant minimize and then open the game as well, also alt+tab(ing) to try and configure the vita with x360ce crashes the moonlight so no luck so far.

Last edited by animedono,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

• Rocket League
  • Kingdom Hearts (PS2)

What do you mean 1080p? can you put something else in the settings.txt other then the suggested 1280x720 and 960x544? i dont undferstand 1280 anyway.. because the vita max res is 960...

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moonlight is pairing, but in the GeForce experience section, I do not see my device listed, as well it hangs on initial pairing. Any help here?

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I got it working, changed the settings to 1280x720 3000kbps. It hated 960x544. However, there is some noticable input latency, I'm wondering if there is a way to reduce it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1