Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
Are you prehaprs refering to the rolling anoyance in the volcano as you are trying to carry to rocks that are trying their best to burn your hands off as you try and navigate around even more cats and volcanic eruptions and raptor style enemies that like to pop out of the ground where you are standing?

If you do... I know about it.... I Beat it.... I never wanna do it again lol
that quest is not that hard

with the right armor skill, Pro transporter and item Dash Juice or mega Dash Juice
for extra help the right food skills can help Felyne Lander and Felyne Strongcat

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
that quest is not that hard

with the right armor skill, Pro transporter and item Dash Juice or mega Dash Juice
for extra help the right food skills can help Felyne Lander and Felyne Strongcat

Yeah, i know. I beat it first time using dash juice and mega nutrients, doesnt make that quest any less irratating.

Currently stuck on Diablos. Easily the hardest boss iv fought so far and its caused the first rage quit on the game, Tried using a couple of different weapons of which the LS seems to have the best hit to dodge ratio i can get away with. Even my normal backup weapon the Gunlance doesnt seem to help me here. Any tips from veterans?

Also for the most overrated boss in the game so far, the title goes to Rathalos. Iv been reading that people find him one of the hardest enemies in the game and im here thinking how?! The guy has imo the most predictable attacks in the game and none of them are fast enough to really catch you off-guard, yeah he spends alot of time in the air but it just makes it a longer fight, not a harder fight.

[Edit] Beat him! LS for the win and plenty of sonic bombs to lure him out the ground for hit spam.

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know how hard it is to transfer saves between versions? I really wanna get both, because EB games has a deal where you get $20 off if you buy both. Though, if transferring saves is a hassle I won't get both, just one or the other.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no online mode.
there is only local multiplayer mode.

WTF! then they shouldn't say multiplayer on the box at all. Nintendo has screwed my gf out of money then. When people say local multiplayer they usually mean servers in your part of the country. Nintendo you have rotten services and need to learn real internet terms.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
when i hear
Local multiplayer i think LAN Play or same system or couch co-op or ad-hoc play
one system is the Host others connect to it

Internet play
you connect to a servers then host a room and other connect to your room

right now the game on th WIIU IS servers Region LOCKed to the region your game is
an update is coming to fix that

you CAN use a wiiiu to take the 3ds version online,

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WTF! then they shouldn't say multiplayer on the box at all. Nintendo has screwed my gf out of money then. When people say local multiplayer they usually mean servers in your part of the country. Nintendo you have rotten services and need to learn real internet terms.
Thing is, they never mean that. I think you need to learn the terms (besides, the term doesn't deal with the internet so why would it be an internet term?). No one screwed anyone out of their money except themselves. Local multiplayer has always meant the same ever since LAN parties have existed. I've never heard anyone say "I'm gonna go play the Halo on local multiplayer" when they're actually gonna go play on Xbox Live.

And no, as of now, only Japan has the Wii U app that let's you use it to play the 3DS version online.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Oh, then the only combat I can use is press X rapidly?
Now I see why you don't like it.

Usually, this game turns off people who prefer "mash a button to win" action games.

What in the actual fuck. Since when did "local multiplayer" mean online? Real internet terms? Here's a real internet term for you.
Local Area Network (LAN): A local area network (LAN) is a computer network that interconnects computers in a limited area such as a home, school, computer laboratory, or office building using network media.
As soon as you get out of that area, it becomes a Wide Area Network, or WAN. That's what it means when you say local. You are NOT playing locally when you are playing against somebody that is miles and miles away.
Brains. Why need them?

Reactions: Firoy and Ergo

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm on the second to the last quest for the village, "mark of a hero" or whatever it's called, aaand it's hard. It's no dual rajang but it's difficult in high rank gear. It's triple carted me twice now, so I'm feeling pretty unhappy towards the game. I'm just doing full dios with the dios DS.

Game made me start playing retarded when I got used to the dios gear so I'm trying to kick some bad habits.. Think I can beat it with what I've got but it's just annoying. Probably gonna need to switch to GS because I just play stupid with the DS. I'm used to nothing hurting too bad and being able to rape everything with slime.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
How does the guild card weapon usage work? Is it how many "boss" monsters you've slain or is it quests completed using a paticular weapon? I was curious coz i was looking at my weapon kills on this game so far and im on:

- 109 for Long sword.
- next best is gunlance with 5.
- 2 with normal lance/switchaxe/duel swords
- Finally 1 each with bow and GS.

Now im fairly sure the count would be alot higher if it counted "normal" enemies so its either quests or boss enemies. Also, Whats everyone else's count so far?

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the guild card weapon usage work? Is it how many "boss" monsters you've slain or is it quests completed using a paticular weapon? I was curious coz i was looking at my weapon kills on this game so far and im on:

- 109 for Long sword.
- next best is gunlance with 5.
- 2 with normal lance/switchaxe/duel swords
- Finally 1 each with bow and GS.

Now im fairly sure the count would be alot higher if it counted "normal" enemies so its either quests or boss enemies. Also, Whats everyone else's count so far?

You can get weapon counts from gathering quests even, so you don't actually have to slay anything to get a count. Just complete a quest with that weapon.
GS - 61
LS - 14
DS - 82
HAM - 35
HH - 19
GL - 2
lbg - 1

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm on the second to the last quest for the village, "mark of a hero" or whatever it's called, aaand it's hard. It's no dual rajang but it's difficult in high rank gear. It's triple carted me twice now, so I'm feeling pretty unhappy towards the game. I'm just doing full dios with the dios DS.

Game made me start playing retarded when I got used to the dios gear so I'm trying to kick some bad habits.. Think I can beat it with what I've got but it's just annoying. Probably gonna need to switch to GS because I just play stupid with the DS. I'm used to nothing hurting too bad and being able to rape everything with slime.

sorry to double post, but i just beat mark of a hero with high rank gear. stuck to just using brachy with the duals, because im lazy. gemmed in item use up so i could get more use out of my mega juices so i can stay in demon mode (the dash is really helpful). ivory lagi took some learning but i had him down by the end of it. the tricky part was the rath/brachy. i focused on rath first, planting a shock trap and two lbb+s where he lands, flurried his face and just kinda took shots at him when i could and tried to not get cornered by them. i got carted twice, once when they both went into rage mode and rath got a lucky poison strike on me. decided to play it a little more carefully and let them do more damage to each other since after my 2nd cart I didn't have an ancient to bring my hp back up to max, plus i had lagi down pretty quick so i had time to spare. this ended up working out splendidly.

brachy's slime goo on the ground blew up right as rath was flying over it and about to hit me, and it killed rath mid air. best kill i've seen in this iteration of mh thus far.

then brachy went into exhaustion, i shock trapped, flurried face, then focused on a leg, knocked him over, face, other leg and then face again and that was all she wrote. i barely even hit brachy before this, so a majority of his hp loss was from rathalos and his fireballs.

bout the best advice i can give is just make sure to use them against each other as much as you can, but be careful to not run out of time. that happened to me once when i was down to just brachy.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok can someone help me with this game? I am so confuse here lol. I figure out how to start a quest but not how to heal when in battle or repair my weapon. Are there link someone can send me so I can get a foot hole with this game? This is my first monster hunter game and all I have been doing is running around and killing simple creatures for meat. Also, how to do you save in the game or does it only save when a quest is over?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, how to do you save in the game or does it only save when a quest is over?
Go home and go sleep.
Your shack is next to the village chief to the right.

but not how to heal when in battle or repair my weapon.
Repairing weapons is to select and use the Whetstone.
Healing is to select and use Herbs, or potions
You get some in the blue box before starting every quest. Did you listen to the tutorials? loool

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Myke

so tasty!
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
hr51 now, and inching my way to get to abyssal lagia. Village quests all complete. alatreon gear in progress. so far I've built all the best elemental great swords and the one for raw damage (sure people usually say don't use Greatswords for elemental, but honestly it's boring running around and doing everything with a deviljho great sword, I enjoy switching my weapons around while still give the monster a good pounding) . Still want an alatreon gs though. running around helping people online these days without a set goal when I don't feel like fighting alatreon. considering a weapon class change, but I just love my great swords.
here's some other bits of info and "secrets" I guess you could call them that though they really aren't.

shock traps. don't use them on zinogre. Well, I guess you can if you are trying to cap him but don't use them if you want to pin him for extra damage. he absorbs the shock and it charges him up. Also if he's charged up, and has fallen on the ground, you can bugnet thunderbugs from his back. Catch 2 and his charge is gone, or like everyone does, just break his spikes on his back. while on the subject of shock traps, diablos will swallow them in the ground if he's underground and comes up right under the trap.
Also him and stygian zinogre's faces break twice. like Deviljho

uragaan/steel uragaan. when he's fallen down you can mine him for parts, like duramboros' tail after it's been broken the first time.
speaking of uragaan, on lower rank quests with him, you can easily farm lava nuggets. On average as a reward I get 4. These babies can be converted to resources and they give you 1500 points. easy farm for resources. Still use moga woods for rare trades though.

duping is possible in the game but I'm not telling how.

abyssal lagia can be expoited for easy kills but I'm not telling how. youtube is your friend if you really want to know.

niblesnarf: you can set a bomb barrel down and lure him into eating it when he's charging you with his mouth wide open. This is great as his ugula is his weakest spot so it does great damage.

once an hr7 you can make tons and tons of money by doing a g-rank volcano mining run, and selling everything you mine. Average made is 20k to 50k not including rust shard weapons you don't want (not the worn or rusted weapons), those on average net you another 15k. All this in 3 minutes. Of course you can always just hunt monsters and sell all their parts, but I hoard monster parts like they are running out, so I just do volcano runs.

/boast

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?