Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people don't/can't read. I like how this series starts you out as a slow build up as opposed to more or less dropping you in the game. That'd take away a lot of complaints about this game as much as I'm ready to jump into things.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any single player bowgun user that uses almost exclusively that? Is it a long and drawn out battle?
I've been using the bowfin for a long time, and quite honestly, it just depends on the battle.
Almost all battles are pretty long and drawn out, but I'd actually go out on a limb and say that bowguns can make battles a lot shorter if your good with them.
You can use some pretty powerful shots pretty early in the game, and its much easier to take advantage of weaknesses with the elemental shots. However, you need a lot of dodging and timing skill as well. Pick good times to reload, know what kind of ammo you ought to use, double check that you have ENOUGH ammo, etc.
I can kill great jaggi faster with a standard bowguns then I could with jaggid shotels~
Just depends on your skill~

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have a vote for worst weapon in the game in terms of usefulness/ease of use? Pick a few you think are bad coz im sure we wont all pick the same single one but we might see a common pattern, you guys talking about the bowguns has made me curious coz i cannot use them at ALL.

My worst 3:
Sword and shield - mostly because of its abysmal damage output vs other weapons that can block.
Either bowgun - I cant use them at ALL, its too hard to use solo imo coz i can never find time to really get off a good shot and i dont find it fun to use.
Hunting horn - Why? The buffs are amazing but in terms of actually using it to attack its soooo slow and boring and the sound each of them make is so irratating.

Opinions?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a vote for worst weapon in the game in terms of usefulness/ease of use? Pick a few you think are bad coz im sure we wont all pick the same single one but we might see a common pattern, you guys talking about the bowguns has made me curious coz i cannot use them at ALL.

My worst 3:
Sword and shield - mostly because of its abysmal damage output vs other weapons that can block.
Either bowgun - I cant use them at ALL, its too hard to use solo imo coz i can never find time to really get off a good shot and i dont find it fun to use.
Hunting horn - Why? The buffs are amazing but in terms of actually using it to attack its soooo slow and boring and the sound each of them make is so irratating.

Opinions?

Pretty sure the SnS is near the top (Or somewhere in the middle) as far as DPS. You basically have to pick the weapon the enemy is weak to, along with hit the specific parts to do maximum damage.

Bowgun, I have no idea, I suck with it honestly.

I main the Hunting Horn, and I can easily say it is far from the worst. Free buffs for party members (Especially if you know how to use Encore to do it faster), has a wider swinging radius than the Hammer, and its faster than the hammer. I have been using it almost exclusively from the start of the game (Along with the Switch Axe)

As far as opinion goes, I loathe the majority of LS users (Tired of getting stun locked by the Spirit Combo while I'm trying to swing on a monsters head), also Bow users (Especially the ones who don't know certain shots can stun the living hell out of teammates). As far as actual consensus goes, pretty sure everything is fairly equal.

Reactions: chavosaur

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random tid bits. I tend not to play games in public places like doctor offices due to the fact I get so immersed into them, I don't keep track of what is going on outside the game. Had an appointment today, but I read all my books, so I decided to bring my 3DS. One of the few games I haven't beat is MH3U. So I'm trying to gather resources for next big hunt. Dashing off into the woods I go, without even checking forecast, minding my own business, making them potions, when a great growl goes off, meanwhile I guess a nurse is calling my name, being deaf, and oblivious to the world around me, I move off to next area without even checking to see what it is. What seemed like an eternity but was probably only like fifteen seconds, my character is running like a monster is behind him, so I turn around to see what my relentless pursuer is. Turns out to be a Rathios, so I raise my head up to the ceiling, rolling my eyes, when I realize everyone is looking at me, and didn't take but moments to figure out it was me being called to.

Apparently I was talking to myself and was telling the Rathios to go fuck itself with my greatsword, I was busy hunting for the god bug, I bet them old people think I'm the spawn of satan now.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hardly played it as much as I wanted to, my last Fuck off Lagiacrus moment was epic.
The first time you see it is the funniest.
We're someone videotaping my reaction when it popped up, it'd be best reaction video.
"What is tha-WOAH!!! NNNNOOOOO! NONONONONONONONONONO FAK U FAK U FAK U!!!!!!!""

Reactions: Black-Ice

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first time you see it is the funniest.
We're someone videotaping my reaction when it popped up, it'd be best reaction video.
"What is tha-WOAH!!! NNNNOOOOO! NONONONONONONONONONO FAK U FAK U FAK U!!!!!!!""
I've played Tri on wii. So i expected the first time and swam like a bitch

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I've been using the bowfin for a long time, and quite honestly, it just depends on the battle.
Almost all battles are pretty long and drawn out, but I'd actually go out on a limb and say that bowguns can make battles a lot shorter if your good with them.
You can use some pretty powerful shots pretty early in the game, and its much easier to take advantage of weaknesses with the elemental shots. However, you need a lot of dodging and timing skill as well. Pick good times to reload, know what kind of ammo you ought to use, double check that you have ENOUGH ammo, etc.
I can kill great jaggi faster with a standard bowguns then I could with jaggid shotels~
Just depends on your skill~
The thing is, if you're picking shots, you're taking time, so with really erratic and hyperactive monsters, you tend to dodge more and shoot less. A quick, and expensive way, to deal with that is Bomb abuse. Open up with Sleep bullets, Sleep Bomb. Exhaust shots next, so when they finish raging, they're exhausted -- the perfect time to abuse Statuses some more, like Paralysis, so paralyze that sucker and Bomb him again. Then Pitfall him and bomb him again, he's still exhausted. If he rages, it's up to you if you wanna trap immediately, or wait for exhaustion before trapping for longer trap time. Trap bomb, or trap siege. Better if you carry mats for more traps/bombs/sleep/para/exhaust.

Uragaan set works perfectly for this, because you've got Bombardier for stronger bombs and 100% bomb combine rate. You can easily gem in Trapmaster for quick trap/bomb setting and 100% trap combine rate. Plus you've got Normal/Rapid Up so you can spam Normal2/3s up the monster's face while it's paralyzed/trapped.

It makes fights expensive, but if you want really fast kills, this is the fastest way I know as a gunner. Having quick combines on the touch screen makes everything a snap too. So sleep bomb, then trap bomb, and then para-bomb or para-siege. Plus, you get to look like a golden Gundam, too.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually really handy info, I've been looking for some ways to be more efficient in my fighting.
See the problem I face at the moment is not being able to take advantage of weaknesses of monsters with he bowgun I primarily use (Tropeco Flambogun)
I've been trying to see why kind of light bowgun I should start using that has good balance and shot variety. Any recommendations?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if you are a bow user
a very good bow is the Arko Nulo (Y) path (every bow user should make)

very easy to make and very good , 132 raw dam, and lighting 300
Bnahabra part can be a pain to get but it easy to get them
it can destroy many LR (and maybe some HR) monster weak to lighting

it a good bow for fighting, rathalos and rathian

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
You'll have to get to HR (high rank) first, but as soon as you can fight Plesioth, his bowguns are AMAZING. It can shoot almost anything, has ZERO DEVIATION and fast reload with very light recoil. The HBG can spam Pierce 2 so fast you'll probably want to bring mats so you can shoot more of it (because you can unload it all in a span of two minutes or so). I haven't had a chance to use the LBG yet (insufficient mats) but I'll make one as well. I do know it can also shoot almost all ammo.

And yes, I will also vouch for the Arko Nulo (Y) bows. For a low rank bow, its elemental damage is insane, and its focus arc shot is also perfect for stagger head shots and breaking parts. You will have to spend some time poison bombing Bnahabras for it though, so maybe don't bring the shakalakas when you farm them, because they usually destroy it, wasting the poison bomb you used. Don't use poison weapons on low rank, they almost always destroy them as well. You can use low rank poison weapons on high rank Bnahabras though, as those take can take a few hits.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I was surprise at how easy lagiacrus was to kill when I faced it.
Duramboros gave me SO much more trouble >.>

Gunlance.

More specifically, Block ALL his charges and stab at his horns or body between blocking. When he starts to spin, block left (since thats where his tail will come from first) then as he enters full on ballet dancer mode you should be able to edge towards his 2 feet without getting hit. Unleash a charge shot (X+A) directly at his feet which cause him to stumble and fall over, thats when you do a shotgun combo (With 5 shots, Not holding R -> X X X A) at the humps on his back. Rinse, Repeat.

If your charge shot is on cooldown and he starts to spin, just edge to his feet anyways and keep stabbing at his legs untill he goes flying (which for the record has to be one of the most hilarious things in this game) then target him as he's in the air and block, this should garentee that when he lands, you block it and hopefully dont get stunned. Overall tho just hold block and stab, he has alot of HP but this is by FAR the fastest and easiest way i have found to kill him without raging.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ken so your saying there is a chance? Lol