Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking about getting this game, but man I'm really bad at it. I couldn't beat the two monsters on the demo...

Lagicrus (the water one) is tough to beat in general so dont feel too bad about him altho try using the lance or gunlance and make use of the blocking and stabbing.

For the other monster, its just a matter of learning the attack patterns and knowing the signs when he will attack (especially the dive) but i highly recommend trying all the weapons and finding one you feel comfortable with. The duel swords / sword and shield are the best if you're used to the sorta hack and slash gameplay. Some of the heavier weapons such as hammer and great sword require patience and timing and take alot more practise than the demo allows so i wouldnt recommend those. There are alot of different types of monsters however and so far iv found myself switching between at least 5 different weapons and tactics to beat them, its more about adapting and patience.

It does get better with practise tho so dont give up and the game gets really addictive and satisfying when you take one of the harder beasts down, trust me!

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the game as a gift and I don't understand the online mode. Stood around the multiplayer island for 1 and a hlaf hours and no other players ever showed up. I think their servers are broken.

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the game as a gift and I don't understand the online mode. Stood around the multiplayer island for 1 and a hlaf hours and no other players ever showed up. I think their servers are broken.
there is no online mode.
there is only local multiplayer mode.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok im really learning the benefits of having a multi-weapon system and not just sticking with one weapon. My main weapon has been the long sword for pretty much the entire game so far but for that blind cave monster that clings to the wall/cieling there was no way in hell i was beating him with the long sword so i switched to the bow and upgraded it and altho it took longer to beat him, it was a peice of cake.
Huh, I presume it's the Gigginox or how it was called? Well, I pretty much reached G rank in MHF:U on the PSP only by using Longswords, so I won't be switching to multi-weapons yet.

I luv mah katanas!

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Huh, I presume it's the Gigginox or how it was called? Well, I pretty much reached G rank in MHF:U on the PSP only by using Longswords, so I won't be switching to multi-weapons yet.

I luv mah katanas!

Yeah it was the gigginox. Good luck trying to beat it with the long sword tho lol get too close to him and he'll release a poison cloud around his body that is not easy to dodge and he does that regularly when you attack him up close. Most of his other attacks are easy to avoid but there is also the fact he spends a good 60% of the fight either on the wall or the ceiling and you arnt reaching him with a long sword then either.

I think certain monsters just arnt worth sticking with to one weapon and its really fun to try out and experiment with different weapons.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i know and its not that im worried about fighting 2 "boss" monsters at once, id be fine with that, its just for that paticular quest i had to capture him and its pretty hard to do that when you have 2 monsters targeting you and im using the long sword so i couldnt block. Also that brown dragon guy (i think you are right with rathian) keeps showing up in other more anoying quests to troll me lol like the quest to carry the 2 wyvern eggs back. He Follows me to each zone and those carry quests are already anoying enough as it is with the cats/raptors.

Its kinda scary coz everytime i go from where the eggs are past the cat area i hear this "flapping wing" noise and then the dramatic music playing and there i am hoping to god he doesnt land before i get out of the area lol. Luckily enough i did that quest first time and i only dropped 1 egg (coz i was testing if you could drop down into the water from the ledge with the egg) so it wasnt a big deal but yeah there was a little panic everytime i heard the boss music play.

Loving the game so far and even tho i already own tri, im finding it so much more fun to be able to play this on the go with my 3DS.

The Rathian is nothing compared to what trolls you later on...

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
The Rathian is nothing compared to what trolls you later on...

Are you prehaprs refering to the rolling anoyance in the volcano as you are trying to carry to rocks that are trying their best to burn your hands off as you try and navigate around even more cats and volcanic eruptions and raptor style enemies that like to pop out of the ground where you are standing?

If you do... I know about it.... I Beat it.... I never wanna do it again lol

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the Monster Hunter Games thus far aside from the ones that never came over here! I love the series a ton and am very good at it :)

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you prehaprs refering to the rolling anoyance in the volcano as you are trying to carry to rocks that are trying their best to burn your hands off as you try and navigate around even more cats and volcanic eruptions and raptor style enemies that like to pop out of the ground where you are standing?

If you do... I know about it.... I Beat it.... I never wanna do it again lol

Haha, no...this troll comes with its own theme song...just wait XD

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lagicrus (the water one) is tough to beat in general so dont feel too bad about him altho try using the lance or gunlance and make use of the blocking and stabbing.

For the other monster, its just a matter of learning the attack patterns and knowing the signs when he will attack (especially the dive) but i highly recommend trying all the weapons and finding one you feel comfortable with. The duel swords / sword and shield are the best if you're used to the sorta hack and slash gameplay. Some of the heavier weapons such as hammer and great sword require patience and timing and take alot more practise than the demo allows so i wouldnt recommend those. There are alot of different types of monsters however and so far iv found myself switching between at least 5 different weapons and tactics to beat them, its more about adapting and patience.

It does get better with practise tho so dont give up and the game gets really addictive and satisfying when you take one of the harder beasts down, trust me!
I will likely get it next time I get payed. It seems fun enough, I just have to get used to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep most here in Ohio say pop. Oh oh yea I mean North Korea