Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate comes to Nintendo Switch

mhgu.JPG

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, the follow up to Monster Hunter Generations, marks the series debut on Nintendo Switch!

Capcom's press release today gave us a taste of what to expect from the game:

For the first time, gamers have the flexibility to play both local wireless and online multiplayer with up to three other hunters whether playing at home on the big screen or on the go in handheld or table top mode.

The new title features a blend of classic gameplay and unique new twists, brand new explorable areas and monsters, plus returning fan-favourites like the lightning fast Zinogre and the stealthy long-tailed Nargacuga. This release introduces a new quest level called “G” rank that features even more formidable versions of familiar foes, truly testing experienced hunters’ battle tactics now with different moves and abilities never before seen in the wild!

For newcomers to the series, the gameplay features ton of powerful super moves called Hunter Arts that can be executed with a quick tap on the touch screen. Players can experiment and choose from six different Hunting Styles including two new ones called Brave Style, which rewards players with new moves for landing successive attacks, and Alchemy Style, a support style that grants the ability to creating useful items on the fly during combat. Hunters are encouraged to explore and customize the experience between quests to find the most personalized playstyle.

Some screenshots of the game were also released:

6.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Oh, and here's a sweet announcement trailer:

Players of the original Monster Hunter Generations can transfer save data from the previous title to continue their journey in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate launches on August 28th, 2018 for digital and physical retail purchase across Europe and North America.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because the graphics for MH:W on PS4/XB1 look more like PS3/XB360. The fact that it struggles isn't because it looks like the Witcher 3 (it doesn't), it's because it's poorly optimized. Not that I care that much, I'm sure it'll look at least a little better on PC, and I'm buying it for the gameplay.
I think you need to take another look at xbox/ps3 games again.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think you need to take another look at xbox/ps3 games again.
I don't necessarily mean the character/monster models, more so some of the environment textures, but I stick by what I said. That's hopefully much of what they're polishing up with the extra time for the PC version. Going the other direction and turning down the resolution of everything else, I think MH:W could easily be adapted to Switch with a developer who knows how to optimize better. It doesn't matter though, perhaps that will come later if Generations Ultimate sells well.

Last edited by Xzi,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't necessarily mean the character/monster models, more so some of the environment textures, but I stick by what I said. That's hopefully much of what they're polishing up with the extra time for the PC version.
Well if you are talking about the textures then no... remember that all games released for the switch, even the first party ones, has been impacted on the textures resolution assets. Most of them are compressed so hard just to reduce as much cartridge space as they can, also some music files are being compressed too. Then you have the draw distance... if you look closely at skyrim, you can see how a lot of stuff is non existent when is far from you or the camera, then if you get closer a lot of stuff just appear suddenly or pops in, and consider most of that stuff that appears suddenly was reduced or deleted compared to the others versions... This one happens mostly on undocked mode on most games, but the texture and music problem IS present on docked mode too.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I would like to see someone running Monster Hunter World on Switch through Linux (If there is a version for Linux). How ironic.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But wouldn't the smarter idea to make the game playable on the switch rather than using a older game? You know, more popular game. :unsure:
I am not sure I follow. I am saying that Worlds was a success, so there would have been no excuse to bring this version of the game to the US

Last edited by The Catboy,

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Doesn't have to be pee, it can be a phone call or emergency. When the game comes to switch, it will be better because you can take it with you... If you have to pee like you so curiously brought up into the conversation. Or just shut it off to sleep mode to pause.:yayswitch:
I was just kidding mate. Hehe. I agree. A pause would be awesome but that is the nature of the game itself. Maybe because of the online party play where you cant pause when there are people in your party, and capcom made it a general thing. ;)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just kidding mate. Hehe. I agree. A pause would be awesome but that is the nature of the game itself. Maybe because of the online party play where you cant pause when there are people in your party, and capcom made it a general thing. ;)
And when you playing offline... you still can't pause, where is the excuse there? :creep:

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
And when you playing offline... you still can't pause, where is the excuse there? :creep:
No excuses mate. Its just capcom being lazy for a simple feature they thought someone wouldnt need. LoL.

Aye. No pause for party quests, lets make it the same for the whole game.

But wouldn't the smarter idea to make the game playable on the switch rather than using a older game? You know, more popular game. :unsure:
I read an article once, stating that world will not come to switch because world used an older engine available for xbox and PS4, but since the switch is newer, the engine is not supported by the switch. :wacko:

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What are you talking about? :ninja:
View attachment 123030
My bad. I remembered incorrectly. Its the hardware. Not the software. I stand corrected.

Monster hunter co-director Kaname Fujioka said:
We don’t have any plans for the Switch at the moment. Part of the reason is that the title has been in development for almost 4 years. At the time we had to commit to our hardware choices, we decided on using the most powerful current generation consoles available at the time, which was Playstation 4 and Xbox One. So [the decision was made] before the Switch was even announced or on sale.
It’s also because for every title we decide what the best fit for hardware is for the concept. We don’t just look at everything. It’s more like ‘if we want to achieve this kind of game concept, where’s the best place to achieve that?’ and for this title the Playstation 4 and Xbox One were the best fit for us.

Last edited by chirogan,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
they admited porting it will be hard, but not impossible. But that's the key word here. No one is saying the game couldnt run on the switch, but in ordee to achieve that, they would have to downgrade the fuck out of the assets, probably a thing that capcom dont want to do, at the moment...

But who knows... if generations ultimate does good, they could probably give world a try.
Well. Thats nintendo for us. Adopting the game after few years and after all the hype is gone and hardcore players have maxed out the game. The best thing nintendo could do in my opinion is go with the next MH installment instead of clinging into this game. We dont want another heavily downgraded and incomplete version of the game especially a monster hunter. Lets stop at DOOM nintendo.

Last edited by chirogan,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. Thats nintendo for us. Adopting the game after few years and after all the hype is gone and hardcore players have maxed out the game. The best thing nintendo could do in my opinion is go with the next MH installment instead of clinging into this game. We dont want another heavily downgraded and incomplete version of the game especially a monster hunter. Lets stop at DOOM nintendo.
Exactly what i think. It is better for switch users to wait for a mh build from the ground up on the switch, even if it isnt a main title.

Reactions: chirogan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and i dont think the rectangular movement behavior works for platform games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it does. And you can add platform character behavior to your own charcter, and it will have move and jump already setup for you, space bar is jump, arrows move
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i already added the platform character behaviour to the player since i started doing this
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and already set up animations for when he shoots both standing and walking
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty you could
    add alcohol to the game too
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, one of the curative items has the internal name of "beer"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    although it looks like a coke can
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty what is the game based on
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    what was the inspiration
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, based on my ideas i'd say mega man games (probably mega man zero mainly)
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I had some ideas for megaman based game
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty make people have their own character
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and be able to fight other players
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and co op
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, kind of like mugen or rivals of aether?
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and also ahve the option to play as a human
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or set it up that when you get injured past a certain point they have to replace your human parts with cybernetics
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i have a placeholder enemy sprite i made
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it that you don't know you are a cyborg, robot, and you find out and have a existential crisis
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or have it start in the virtual world and you are an ai that gained sentience
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    btw gonna wash my face in a bit, my eyes feel tired
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and you convince your owner to help you break out of the virtual world to real world
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eyes - "yawn"
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body constructed
    S @ salazarcosplay: you bleack in to goverment computer systems to get cyborg schematics so you can get a robot body...