Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate comes to Nintendo Switch

mhgu.JPG

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, the follow up to Monster Hunter Generations, marks the series debut on Nintendo Switch!

Capcom's press release today gave us a taste of what to expect from the game:

For the first time, gamers have the flexibility to play both local wireless and online multiplayer with up to three other hunters whether playing at home on the big screen or on the go in handheld or table top mode.

The new title features a blend of classic gameplay and unique new twists, brand new explorable areas and monsters, plus returning fan-favourites like the lightning fast Zinogre and the stealthy long-tailed Nargacuga. This release introduces a new quest level called “G” rank that features even more formidable versions of familiar foes, truly testing experienced hunters’ battle tactics now with different moves and abilities never before seen in the wild!

For newcomers to the series, the gameplay features ton of powerful super moves called Hunter Arts that can be executed with a quick tap on the touch screen. Players can experiment and choose from six different Hunting Styles including two new ones called Brave Style, which rewards players with new moves for landing successive attacks, and Alchemy Style, a support style that grants the ability to creating useful items on the fly during combat. Hunters are encouraged to explore and customize the experience between quests to find the most personalized playstyle.

Some screenshots of the game were also released:

6.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Oh, and here's a sweet announcement trailer:

Players of the original Monster Hunter Generations can transfer save data from the previous title to continue their journey in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate launches on August 28th, 2018 for digital and physical retail purchase across Europe and North America.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have Japanese version digitally on switch. Hopefully they will bring a update with English subtitles in the jap version.
You're hoping for too much friend. Prepare your wallet to double dip.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I think, MH World would be running on the switch
Nope. The engine used for MHWorld is older that the switch doesnt have. That is the reason it isnt on the switch. Hardware wise, im not aware of any hardware limitations as a game can always be optimized.

P.S.
Does this include crossplay with 3ds or nah? Does this mean the 3ds game still lives? And who knows, it will sell more. Hrmm.

edit. I didnt read well. This is XX. Not generations. Well. Dissapointing.

Last edited by chirogan,

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hurray, it's finally coming to the switch in the west! Really excited that we're getting an english release for the switch. Definitely going to pick this one up.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. this game is older than world. If you prefer this game and prefer the switch more than a ps4, maybe?
I dunno, I just wanted a game to try first time. The part that he said "For newcomers to the series, the gameplay features ton of powerful super moves called Hunter Arts that can be executed with a quick tap on the touch screen. " I just thought this is recommended for people who play the game first time like me. :ninja:

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I dunno, I just wanted a game to try first time. The part that he said "For newcomers to the series, the gameplay features ton of powerful super moves called Hunter Arts that can be executed with a quick tap on the touch screen. " I just thought this is recommended for people who play the game first time like me. :ninja:
I see. If this was your first time, then this is one of the must haves. I see now where youre coming from. :D

P.S. could someone explain this?
Screenshot_20180511-001620.png

What links? How does that work? Is it a crossplay? To which 3ds game?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. If this was your first time, then this is one of the must haves. I see now where youre coming from. :D

View attachment 122981
I think it just means you can transfer save data, like the wii u and 3DS game. Least it said that in the trailer. So... yeah. (Don't get banned on your switch if you have cheated.) :P

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i tried to play MH4 on the 3DS, played for 2 hours and didn't enjoyed it, played the beta of MH World and didn't even manged to finish the beta.

i guess this game is not for me.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's easy to get into, but if you started the series with MHWorld, it will be very hard to adjust, as there are a lot of things to get used to. For example, no moving around when using items with the animation taking like forever and keeping you in place or the playstyle in XX being more aggressive compared to World. If you are just starting out, this is a great choice.

View attachment 122981
As it's explain clearly in the trailer that was released, it simply means that you can transfer your save from Generations to GU. It was the same for XX save transfer. HIGHLY doubt that they will add XX with GU multiplayer, as all previous games had separate servers for Japan and the rest of the world.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I saw monster hunter and imeadiately thought about freedom unite
Nostalgia mate.

I think it just means you can transfer save data, like the wii u and 3DS game. Least it said that in the trailer. So... yeah. (Don't get banned on your switch if you have cheated.) :P
I see. That word Links has a big gray area. This makes sense. Thank you. Lucky me i never used cheats in any game at all. Kinda defeats the purpose of the Game.

Reactions: Deleted User

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yo I'ma need that Switch CFW with version spoofing before August.

Also, I find it absolutely hilarious that the new blood MH fans who've never played anything in the series before World are taking Capcom at their word when they say that Monster Hunter World won't get an Ultimate version as a whole new game. Capcom has done this shit over and over again to their fans. They specifically say they're going to do or not do something, and then 6 months later it's all "WE DID THE THING LOL".

Last edited by Nyteshade714,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Dang it, I already bought the Japanese one since previously they said there were no plans for a localisation. Capcom, you're testing my patience.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i tried to play MH4 on the 3DS, played for 2 hours and didn't enjoyed it, played the beta of MH World and didn't even manged to finish the beta.

i guess this game is not for me.
Actually, it's sort of your fault. ALL MH games start out slow and boring, but if you stick with them for a bit and get to the better stuff, they are REALLY fun. At the beginning, you are simply getting stuff like herbs, mushrooms, ores, etc., then after a few hours you can stop doing that for good and just focus on fighting big monsters:P

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was hoping it would come to 3DS too, but it'll probably play better on a switch anyway.

Though I am curious if you'd be able to ninja the English dialogue and put it into double cross on the 3DS. :unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to get into, but if you started the series with MHWorld, it will be very hard to adjust, as there are a lot of things to get used to. For example, no moving around when using items with the animation taking like forever and keeping you in place or the playstyle in XX being more aggressive compared to World. If you are just starting out, this is a great choice.
I been playing for a few days, I'm on hunter rank four, and I already feel stress. I kinda want my rank higher faster so I don't miss out on those events that is very limited. Especially the crossover content ones.

Monsters take over 40 minutes to kill, loading times is kinda long even when I'm using a ps4 pro, there is no way to pause the game ever (Really a problem) and I don't really understand how this online mutiplayer stuff work. It's feeling like Xenoblade chonricles X on wii u all over again, games shouldn't have complex online setups or unable to pause the game! :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.