Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate comes to Nintendo Switch

mhgu.JPG

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, the follow up to Monster Hunter Generations, marks the series debut on Nintendo Switch!

Capcom's press release today gave us a taste of what to expect from the game:

For the first time, gamers have the flexibility to play both local wireless and online multiplayer with up to three other hunters whether playing at home on the big screen or on the go in handheld or table top mode.

The new title features a blend of classic gameplay and unique new twists, brand new explorable areas and monsters, plus returning fan-favourites like the lightning fast Zinogre and the stealthy long-tailed Nargacuga. This release introduces a new quest level called “G” rank that features even more formidable versions of familiar foes, truly testing experienced hunters’ battle tactics now with different moves and abilities never before seen in the wild!

For newcomers to the series, the gameplay features ton of powerful super moves called Hunter Arts that can be executed with a quick tap on the touch screen. Players can experiment and choose from six different Hunting Styles including two new ones called Brave Style, which rewards players with new moves for landing successive attacks, and Alchemy Style, a support style that grants the ability to creating useful items on the fly during combat. Hunters are encouraged to explore and customize the experience between quests to find the most personalized playstyle.

Some screenshots of the game were also released:

6.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Oh, and here's a sweet announcement trailer:

Players of the original Monster Hunter Generations can transfer save data from the previous title to continue their journey in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate launches on August 28th, 2018 for digital and physical retail purchase across Europe and North America.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was hoping it would come to 3DS too, but it'll probably play better on a switch anyway.

Though I am curious if you'd be able to ninja the English dialogue and put it into double cross on the 3DS. :unsure:
There's already a great 3DS patch for Double Cross, there's no need for such a process.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I been playing for a few days, I'm on hunter rank four, and I already feel stress. I kinda want my rank higher faster so I don't miss out on those events that is very limited. Especially the crossover content ones.

Monsters take over 40 minutes to kill, loading times is kinda long even when I'm using a ps4 pro, there is no way to pause the game ever (Really a problem) and I don't really understand how this online mutiplayer stuff work. It's feeling like Xenoblade chonricles X on wii u all over again, games shouldn't have complex online setups or unable to pause the game! :blink:
Who slashes a monster violently, and later tell, "wait monster, i need to pee. I'll kill you later."? Jk

Last edited by chirogan,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Because Gen has 5x the content as World. They had to remake everything in the game from scratch so it's extremely light on content compared to any other Monster Hunter game.
Who plays games for their content in this day and age? It's all about achievements.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fairly sure the fan translation doesn't cover all dialogue. Only important info, items and UI. Plus this would be an official translation from the devs.
Yeah but it covers everything you need to play comfortably. There might be ethical and/or legal implications on simply ripping and distributing an official translation too.

Reactions: ThoD

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who slashes a monster violently, and later tell, "wait monster, i need to pee. I'll kill you later." /s
Doesn't have to be pee, it can be a phone call or emergency. When the game comes to switch, it will be better because you can take it with you... If you have to pee like you so curiously brought up into the conversation. Or just shut it off to sleep mode to pause.:yayswitch:

Reactions: chirogan

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who plays games for their content in this day and age? It's all about achievements.

Everyone who owns a Switch/3DS would like to disagree with you. On the one hand, it bugs me a little that Ninty still doesn't have achievements. On the other, I'm glad they don't because my inner perfectionist forces me to keep trying for trophies that require you to keep playing the game long after it stops being fun.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I been playing for a few days, I'm on hunter rank four, and I already feel stress. I kinda want my rank higher faster so I don't miss out on those events that is very limited. Especially the crossover content ones.

Monsters take over 40 minutes to kill, loading times is kinda long even when I'm using a ps4 pro, there is no way to pause the game ever (Really a problem) and I don't really understand how this online mutiplayer stuff work. It's feeling like Xenoblade chonricles X on wii u all over again, games shouldn't have complex online setups or unable to pause the game! :blink:
You've been playing MHWorld? You shouldn't worry so much about events, as events ALWAYS return, especially when the seasonal event happens (eg: cherry blossoms one that happened recently). If monsters take too long to kill, you are most likely hunting really inefficiently. Aim for weakspots, make good use of armor skills, learn the monsters' movements and predict them to get lots of free hits in, use the environment, etc.. Loading times are long because the game is heavy, no way of circumventing that unfortunately. There IS a way to pause the game, while on a quest, bring up the menu and select the pause option (and you may even be able to map a Select to pause, haven't checked) and if it's like the rest of the series, going to the PS4 Home Menu and back by suspending the game auto-pauses it. For the online stuff, check GaijinHunter's video explaining it. But I know it's stupidly complicated half the time...

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but it covers everything you need to play comfortably. There might be ethical and/or legal implications on simply ripping and distributing an official translation too.
Oh yes there definitely would be problems with distributing it. I'm more so curious if the dialogue is identical to that in MHXX, such that if you owned both copies you could just swap it.
Though I assume as is usually the case, there are some differences between the Japanese variant and the English Ultimate variant.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Everyone who owns a Switch/3DS would like to disagree with you. On the one hand, it bugs me a little that Ninty still doesn't have achievements. On the other, I'm glad they don't because my inner perfectionist forces me to keep trying for trophies that require you to keep playing the game long after it stops being fun.
>Ninty still doesn't have achievements.
this

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm.... I already have XX for Switch, the Japanese version am I screwed for my 100+ hour save file?

No transferring trickery for me, right? Damn.
There were homebrew solutions to this on 3DS that would transfer from Japanese to English localisations. It might not be instant but there's a good chance your save will be transferable at some point.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh my god. I waited for it for soooo long!

I don't care anymore... Went to japan and bought XX there a few times. Learned a bit japanese. Very intense time to play with my friends. Would do again :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus