Gaming Homebrew Mod Moon bricked my SSB3DS cartridge

kuro0628neko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remove any mods effecting it running
I don't know how to say it any other way. There are NO mods running! I haven't downloaded any mods for my game. I opened Mod Moon, it gave me an error that there were no mods for my game, would not close, I rebooted the N3DS. From that point on, I could not (and cannot) open Super Smash Bros on that N3DS. I have no mods of any sort for it downloaded.
Hell, I even tried removing Mod Moon and all files related to Mod Moon to see if that would help, and it didn't. But given the fact that the cartridge does run on my O3DS, it means there must be SOMETHING I can do to fix it on my N3DS.
Post automatically merged:

yes, this is exactly what you should to, repair your installation on the N3Ds
And how do I do that?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to say it any other way. There are NO mods running! I haven't downloaded any mods for my game. I opened Mod Moon, it gave me an error that there were no mods for my game, would not close, I rebooted the N3DS. From that point on, I could not (and cannot) open Super Smash Bros on that N3DS. I have no mods of any sort for it downloaded.
Hell, I even tried removing Mod Moon and all files related to Mod Moon to see if that would help, and it didn't. But given the fact that the cartridge does run on my O3DS, it means there must be SOMETHING I can do to fix it on my N3DS.

And how do I do that?
Mod moon is a mod for what game?

kuro0628neko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mod moon is a mod for what game?
Screen_Shot_2023-05-11_at_17.52.52.png

I don't even remember what game this is, but the title ID does not match SSBros JAP.

kuro0628neko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the settings of luma. Do you know if game patching was enabled?
It wasn't enabled. Someone I know told me to check. Currently it is enabled, but it doesn't seem to matter whether or not it's enabled, unless I'm missing something.

Update: I just decided to fiddle with my luma settings due to @lone_wolf323 's comment. I unticked anything unnecessary, reticked everything I had again and voilà?
WHY this happened, I have no idea, because I know for a fact game patching was OFF when this error initially occurred (since I had to turn it ON in the first place, after an acquaintance told me to toggle it).

In any case, thank you to everyone who attempted to fix this. I have no idea why my life is like this lmfao cuz I have been troubleshooting this for the entire afternoon with no luck until this very second.

Last edited by kuro0628neko,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Howdy internet. I opened Mod Moon for the first time in a long time simply because I hadn't opened it. My JAP SSB3DS cartridge was in my N3DS at the time, and I got all sorts of error messages since there were no mod files available for MM to read. I tried closing MM, but after a minute of waiting with the "software is closing" message (albeit in Japanese) on my N3DS, I decided to reboot through Rosalina.

Since then, I get the same error message at launch:

20230511_170401.jpg

I am totally stumped at what I can do to to revert things back to how they were. When I put the cartridge in a 3DS (which currently has no SD inserted), the game loads just to tell me I need to click the home button to update it. So it does seem not all hope is lost.

Any ideas to remedy this would be greatly appreciated. I'm frustrated after over an hour of troubleshooting on my own!!
Looks like you didn't get any good info in this thread, oh well....

Loader is the process of the console that loads installed games and updates. That crash seems to indicate that the loader panicked because something is corrupted. Since your cartridge is good, then probably the game's update data is corrupted, which is stored on the SD ( this explains why opening modmoon and changing settings on Luma fixed the issue, as both operations write to the SD and may change the state of the corruption). In any case, to prevent the SD corruption from spreading, copy everything from your SD to your PC, then format the SD to FAT32, and then copy everything back. That should get rid of the corruption. If after doing that you still face similar issues, your SD may be damaged and will need replacement.

Smev

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DON'T THROW IT AWAY! This happened to me a week or two ago and all I had to do was go into the luma config (Hold select whilst powering on the system) Then turn off game patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!