Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because it needs to be a 16-bit TGA and Paint.NET only allows you to choose 32-bit or 24-bit. The reason I didn't initially post it as a TGA is because GBATemp won't let me upload a TGA file and it won't even accept a RAR or ZIP file.

Just take that image, flip it vertically in Photoshop and save it as TGA, choosing 16-bit when the dialog pops up.
No problem. I don't own Photoshop but I'll get gimp reinstalled asap to save anymore messing about. ps really nice image thanks for sharing it :)

Last edited by kineticUk,

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are the file size/resolution/other paramenets for the boot logo TGA
Will try to do something.

It has to be 896x504, any other dimension will just show as corrupt garbage on the gamepad. Also, it has to be saved as a 16-bit TGA to work and the image has to be flipped vertically, because Mocha flips it for some odd reason.

Also, the gamepad resolution is actually only 854x480, which is the exact same aspect ratio as 896x504. I have no idea why Dimok chose those dimensions but the image is not scaled, it's simply cut off on the right and bottom edges on the gamepad, so you can design your image at 854x480 so everything is properly centered, then pad the bottom and right edge with the right amount of space to make it 896x504, then flip it vertically. My image actually doesn't have this padding because I didn't realize that until after I posted it.

mrvandal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed the original flimflam guide to install haxchi and dimoks patcher. Do I need to update to Mocha? What about cold boot? Or should I just stick with what I have now. Turning on the sig patcher and nnupatcher every time I turn the system on kind of sucks. Can you leave those settings on with Mocha and CBHC?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
0cwCrP3.png

Thanks for the info. I created something hopefully passable with these parameters. PNG peview of the image is cut to the gamepad dimensions. The extra size of the texture in this case might just be that: Texturing things. I sometimes dealt with 2D game assets and those too usually are larger than the display size and I am still not sure of the reasons myself, but there probably is some.

Anyway:
XTnggM9.png

TGA with hopefully all right parameters attached.

EDIT: If Dimok wants actually to take this I will add that yes, it is completely OK I do not even need credit or anything this post is enough or whatever.
If someone wants some of these files and such that I used/generated I can share a PSD or some PNG's if you want them. (I for one, spent lots of time getting the Wii U Icon down)

Attachments

• mocha_cfw.zip
    65 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by Sumea,
Reactions: BIFFTAZ

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before to compile replace the tga file inside of the data folder with u custom splash
Compile? Well, I guess that's one way to punish @MeteK for missing it in the OP, and for bumping the unnecessary question 7 hours later.
custom launch image on load of the custom firmware if exist on sd card (sd:/wiiu/apps/mocha/launch_image.tga)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, I know, but I'll ask anyway. So, I want to use RetroArch with libfat support, and one way I do is loading Mocha via the HBL. Well, I load it up and I'm presented with a menu, but I have no idea how which option to choose from. Which option do i select in order to take advantage of the better RetroArch loading? I don't want to end up screwing my console over. Hopefully someone can answer this...

jimjam1210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone help me here im lost , ive already bricked one machine after i tried to factory reset it with cold boot on it and mocha giving some 160-0101 error
now bought the kids one more for xmas and dont wanna do it again can someone help me please ? this is now my second machine !!!
tinypic.com

Attachments

• 15631534_10158070482505515_1150028160_o.jpg
    15631534_10158070482505515_1150028160_o.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 432

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
can anyone help me here im lost , ive already bricked one machine after i tried to factory reset it with cold boot on it and mocha giving some 160-0101 error
now bought the kids one more for xmas and dont wanna do it again can someone help me please ? this is now my second machine !!!
tinypic.com
What have you done to get this code? It looks like a fatal error code according to this article https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/cr/rRUPB21DZDL95U

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinypic.com

Well maybe system.xml doesn't get touched when you do a format. If that's the case then you have a system.xml that points to a default title ID (the Haxchi title) which doesn't exist. With CBHC (and the older coldboothax method) you are instructed to not delete the title or you'll brick. If you wanted to uninstall CBHC you could have just run the installer again. The best way for you to not brick again is to read the OPs top to bottom. Had you done that you would have realized that formatting the system would likely brick.

If you have a NAND dump and have dumped your OTP keys you can probably fix your brick with a hard mod. If you don't know what those things are then you don't have them.

jimjam1210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well maybe system.xml doesn't get touched when you do a format. If that's the case then you have a system.xml that points to a default title ID (the Haxchi title) which doesn't exist. With CBHC (and the older coldboothax method) you are instructed to not delete the title or you'll brick. If you wanted to uninstall CBHC you could have just run the installer again. The best way for you to not brick again is to read the OPs top to bottom. Had you done that you would have realized that formatting the system would likely brick.

If you have a NAND dump and have dumped your OTP keys you can probably fix your brick with a hard mod. If you don't know what those things are then you don't have them.
could you help us out please ? im a complete newbie !!!

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you help us out please ? im a complete newbie !!!

Sounds like you figured out how to set it up just fine, but you didn't read the precautions. Really CBHC is all you need. The default boot menu option will work fine for installing and launching games. Make sure you block updates (just in case Nintendo releases one) and don't format the system like last time. The new version won't even allow you to delete or move the Haxchi'd title as long as you use the default boot option. You shouldn't need Mocha CFW if you use CBHC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk