Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the firmware code and addresses didn't change.
only the browser was patched to prevent using it as entry point.
a new browser hack is available for 5.5.2, and as nothing else is different you can use Mocha, and any other homebrew.

There is one thing which changed, it's the DLC module, but nobody reported issues since the update.

Reactions: mostafa

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry if this is answered somewhere already. can i install mocha if i already have rednand cbhc/haxchi installed?
or do i need mocha installed first then setup rednand exc?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry if this is answered somewhere already. can i install mocha if i already have rednand cbhc/haxchi installed?
or do i need mocha installed first then setup rednand exc?
Why would you want to do that haxchi is a cfw that does everything mocha does if you were to use both you are basically running a cfw to run another cfw which is pointless.

mostafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
the firmware code and addresses didn't change.
only the browser was patched to prevent using it as entry point.
a new browser hack is available for 5.5.2, and as nothing else is different you can use Mocha, and any other homebrew.
There is one thing which changed, it's the DLC module, but nobody reported issues since the update.

thanks

Due to the coming webhax for 5.5.2 At the moment you recommending to me stay on 5.5.1 or upgrade to 5.5.2 and run HBL by loadiine.ovh then mocha .....

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thanks

Due to the coming webhax for 5.5.2 At the moment you recommending to me stay on 5.5.1 or upgrade to 5.5.2 and run HBL by loadiine.ovh then mocha .....
The new browser exploit for 5.5.2 is very unstable at the moment. You should only use it to install Haxchi if you're already on 5.5.2.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless you plan on installing Haxchi or already have Haxchi installed, you should not update your Wii U to 5.5.2.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want to do that haxchi is a cfw that does everything mocha does if you were to use both you are basically running a cfw to run another cfw which is pointless.
because i have rednand setup and installed all usb titles through it. i thought after i could use sigpatches and still load from usb but i cant??? so i stuck with rednand and saw mocha could possible read fat32 usb

Last edited by jammybudga777,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure you use Haxchi with IOSU Hax ? that's two different things. (at least, two differently named hacking method)
why would you want to use a more hard to use, longer to load firmware patcher, when haxchi can do the same faster and you already have it installed?

maybe you might find this interesting, it explain all differences between each options:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/building-iosuhax-on-windows.447023/page-10#post-7527551

if you understand it, you will only want to use Hachi or CBHC.

Last edited by Cyan,

LordOrwell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just discovered an issue yesterday. I have a 5.5.2 system that has cbhc on it. Everything already there works fine, but if i launch mochacfw it seems to work correctly but if i try to install something with wupinstaller, it behaves exactly like it would if mochacfw wasn't ran first. If i try to install to usb it says it can't find the usb drive, and trying to install to nand just hangs at 0% forever. Any ideas? I've been having loads of issues with my sd card but i can't see how it would affect the write to a different device. I'm pretty sure this is the first time i've tried to install anything since 5.5.2 update.

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So.. If i understood it right, Mocha is needed when wanting to use the FAT32 feature and Haxchi should be left alone for this specific purpose?

edit: hmm.. - "run mocha from HBL (browser or cbhc or haxchi) or Mocha directly from haxchi instead of using hbl."

So Haxchi is still used, even though they're both a CFW.

Last edited by 2manyGames2play,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over