Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
haxchi is a forwarder AND firmware patcher, it lets you launch homebrew without going into homebrew launcher if you press a button instead of patching the firmware's signature check function.
set the path to the homebrew you want to launch in haxchi's config.txt, assign that path to a controller's button, and reinstall haxchi to put that config.txt file on your console.

now when you launch haxchi and keep the assigned button pressed, it will launch the designated homebrew.
If you want to launch Mocha, set a path to it
you can even have different mocha version assigned to different buttons, but Mocha is useful only if you need redNAND or want FAT32 USB beta support, OR need WUP server instead of ftpiiu everywhere to access file system.

CBHC has the same thing, but without config.txt file (hardcoded path, you can't put it elsewhere than the expected path), it's hardcoded to either launch Mocha, HBL, vWii, or by default patch sysmenu.

Last edited by Cyan,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So.. If i understood it right, Mocha is needed when wanting to use the FAT32 feature and Haxchi should be left alone for this specific purpose?

edit: hmm.. - "run mocha from HBL (browser or cbhc or haxchi) or Mocha directly from haxchi instead of using hbl."

So Haxchi is still used, even though they're both a CFW.
Haxchi is simply a loader with its own built-in CFW (which has some limitations but it boots faster).

TheKitof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
has anyone ever used SEEPROM redirection feature to unlink RedNand and SysNand in order to avoid reinstalling USB games under RedNand ?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How does one install games using Mocha with the FAT32 support?
I basically want to use the same HDD I use for Wii/NGC games for installed games on Wii U as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does one install games using Mocha with the FAT32 support?
I basically want to use the same HDD I use for Wii/NGC games for installed games on Wii U as well.

u have to install the games to a wii u formatted drive, then copy the files over to the fat32 drive. a major pita, and not worth it imo.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u could alternatively decrypt downloaded games' contents then place them on the fat32 drive. it might save some time, but the location must be exact. decrypted content will just have the code, content, and meta folders without the folders that would be located on a wii u formatted drive. the problem is the metadata indexer. it records the location of games/apps at the time of installation. I don't know how much work has been done to reverse engineer it, but not enough at this present state. and, yeah, it sucks. if u have to have a wii u formatted drive just to install the games to that indexer, it kinda defeats the purpose of using a fat32 one. another possibility is to use one of those wii u hdd apps to grab the content, then transfer it over. essentially, u have that method, decrypting games' content method, or the ftpiiueverywhere method. there may be others, but that's all I can think of atm.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
even if you extract the game to FAT32 manually, you'll still have to install it once on WiiU with WUP installer (then delete it) to register the ticket.
I made a quick guide (in my blog, there's a link at the bottom : how to use multiple HDD with wiiu, there's a part which explain this)

edit:
now I have time to find and provide the link, here it is:
https://gbatemp.net/posts/7216091

It's not fully "noob proof" as I provided only the steps, not the tools or links.
It's not hard to understand if you are used to WiiU homebrew.

Last edited by Cyan,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the ticket the metadata indexer itself? I heard the file responsible for this was on the root of the slc which isn't where ticket information is stored.

Last edited by godreborn,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think the ticket alone is enough, or copying the ticket manually to the right folder would be enough.
someone said he will test, but I don't know if he reported it, maybe I missed his post.

I think putting the ticket in the folder is not enough because you need the console to "index" the game, like you said. mark it as officially owned or bought.
On wii, there was a file where all the launchable titleID was stored, and the tickets were in another folder.
On wii, we found how to do it using a homebrew, I don't know if it's known how to do the same on WiiU. if it's possible, we could make a "wup installer" homebrew, unpacking, copying files and registering the game using the IOSU instead of the official WUP function.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: godreborn

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Am I the only one who runs CBHC with Mocha with the primary purpose of not having FTPiiU Everywhere running in the background all the time?
(it also runs better with a few homebrew apps I run sporadically, but the first point is my primary reasoning behind my setup - I like not having filesystems open remotely unless I need them to be. Least privilege and all that.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CBHC has ftpiiu running all the time? never knew you didn't have to run ftpiiu homebrew to access the NAND from ftp.

if you talk about the privilege to access NAND, then Mocha has it too. in fact Mocha had it first, and CBHC added it (using a different method, but it has it)

Last edited by Cyan,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like not having filesystems open remotely unless I need them to be. Least privilege and all that.
Mocha is actually the one that has something constantly running/listening (wupserver), it requires no ID/password, and someone can destroy your WiiU's configuration with it, so you're pretty much breaking your own best practice.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the ticket alone is enough, or copying the ticket manually to the right folder would be enough.
someone said he will test, but I don't know if he reported it, maybe I missed his post.

I think putting the ticket in the folder is not enough because you need the console to "index" the game, like you said. mark it as officially owned or bought.
On wii, there was a file where all the launchable titleID was stored, and the tickets were in another folder.
On wii, we found how to do it using a homebrew, I don't know if it's known how to do the same on WiiU. if it's possible, we could make a "wup installer" homebrew, unpacking, copying files and registering the game using the IOSU instead of the official WUP function.

yeah, the ps3 uses an indexer as well to facilitate the reading the hdd. the 360, on the other hand, reads the entire hdd which is y the load times when accessing your xbla content r so slow. the ps3 indexer is in a folder named mms on the root of the hdd. I heard that the wii u's is on the root of the slc or the mlc. I've never checked though.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
im using mocha to load rednand but it seems be corrupted. so i redumped my nand to setup again. my problem is i had games installed to the external hdd via my first rednand and now ive set it up again they wont load. any help would be great but i guess i need to re-install the titles all again?

Last edited by jammybudga777,

MartyDreamy

Would you do anything for me?
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was bored, so I made this

jw2vlEm.png

Yeah...A Diego Armando Splash Screen from Ace Attorney Series....
Enjoy

Attachments

• Diego Armando Splash Screen.zip
    211.8 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: piete and lordelan

El 15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a hard disk working on sysnand and rednand. Now I want to play in sysnand with mocha but when run mocha with sysnand (not rednand) my hard disk turns off, all games in hard disk disappear. someone knows why? or how to fix it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...