AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
chmod 777 /
What could go wrong? As long as you don't do anything stupid...
libiosuhax really isn't that hard to implement (took me 10mins for various existing apps) but do what you want, I suppose. I'm trying my hand at a rewrite anyway so we'll see what happens.

You're going to make a rewrite of SDCafiine? Neat, I know if it's you, it'll be rather interesting... :)

Thanks for the tip, btw. ;)

(A linux joke...)

Reactions: QuarkTheAwesome

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same thing if you look at it from a different angle.
Not if it works as I describe/assume. (You can correct me there - tell me how it actually works.) If that's the case, mounting the SD on /dev/iosuhax in sdcafiine would only be helpful if all titles automatically have access to that node. Why would they have access to the iosuhax node and not SD? Or is it because SD is specifically restricted, so iosuhax is working by default?

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Not if it works as I describe/assume. (You can correct me there - tell me how it actually works.) If that's the case, mounting the SD on /dev/iosuhax in sdcafiine would only be helpful if all titles automatically have access to that node. Why would they have access to the iosuhax node and not SD? Or is it because SD is specifically restricted, so iosuhax is working by default?
Better explanation:
FSHax lets anything (from homebrew to titles) have access to everything.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
On the other hand, /dev/iosuhax allows custom mountpoints and mappings. While native COS will refuse access, one can mount the SD onto /vol/sdcard and globally access away.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better explanation:
FSHax lets anything (from homebrew to titles) have access to everything.
That doesn't actually tell me anything about how either FSHax or SDCafiine work. I can probably figure out how SDCafiine works by reading the source, but do you have an understanding of what FSHax does, or are you just repeating what @gudenaurock said in the fshax thread? Since there aren't any comments about that address (or any that closely precede it) in iosuhax, I don't know what the moves are intended to mask.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't actually tell me anything about how either FSHax or SDCafiine work. I can probably figure out how SDCafiine works by reading the source, but do you have an understanding of what FSHax does, or are you just repeating what @gudenaurock said in the fshax thread? Since there aren't any comments about that address (or any that closely precede it) in iosuhax, I don't know what the moves are intended to mask.

It just makes the permission check always succeed.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just makes the permission check always succeed.
Thanks. Is this the device permission check, like 'everyone can use the SD', or the individual file access check, like 'screw the 0x400 permission on this xml, mr. nobody can delete me'? In other words, what function are you altering?

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks. Is this the device permission check, like 'everyone can use the SD', or the individual file access check, like 'screw the 0x400 permission on this xml, mr. nobody can delete me'? In other words, what function are you altering?
iirc it's global access to everything, by everyone, which is why I drew the chmod 777 / comparison earlier.

Reactions: nexusmtz

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc it's global access to everything, by everyone, which is why I drew the chmod 777 / comparison earlier.
Ok, that means I'm back to having to look at ftpiiu_everywhere to see if it even implemented renames on other than sd, because I still get the 550 response when I try with this Mocha. Or I could try writing a POC renamer elf. Maybe I'll start with adding a function to wupclient.py. At least I mostly know what I'm doing on the PC.

memoryman3

Trophies
XP
Country
Lemme redownload. Did you use the quick boot option that doesn't relaunch the OS?

Actually, i think I narrowed down the problem. I think you only really defined the SD card access in the redNAND and not the sysNAND.

Last edited by memoryman3,

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Lemme redownload. Did you use the quick boot option that doesn't relaunch the OS?
No.
Actually, i think I narrowed down the problem. I think you only really defined the SD card access in the redNAND and not the sysNAND.
No, because I once used iosuhax + FSHax on sysNAND, and it worked with SMM.

Last edited by AboodXD,

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would there be any reason SDCafiine and this aren't working with Zelda Breath of the Wild? I guess the next thing I'll try and do is get the server working to see if it will tell me any more info, but I didn't get the server working for Smash either...

Last edited by bobrocks95,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm