Homebrew Mocha CFW + FSHax combined!

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
The issue is how the files are handled in the game, you need to make SDCafiine act like Cafiine instead of just changing file paths. Easier said then done, at least it's not using the network.

Oh yeah, I remember now... [emoji28]

Since Cafiine loads files on-the-fly.
But SDCafiine changes directories.

Although I still don't understand why would that cause an issue...

Last edited by AboodXD,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Worth noting - I've got a rather unique code injection platform in the works. If you're planning on rewriting SDCafiine, you might want to take a peek at it.
As for your SD access, I'd reccomend using /dev/iosuhax to mount the SD rather than FSHax. You're running Mocha anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue. FSHax seems like an unnecessary risk on a conceptual level alone.

Last edited by QuarkTheAwesome, , Reason: fix link

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Worth noting - I've got a rather unique code injection platform in the works. If you're planning on rewriting SDCafiine, you might want to take a peek at it.
As for your SD access, I'd reccomend using /dev/iosuhax to mount the SD rather than FSHax. You're running Mocha anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue. FSHax seems like an unnecessary risk on a conceptual level alone.
I second this ^^^
Why do you want a CFW with full FS access just for SDCafiine instead upgrading SDCafiine?

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You mean like libiosuhax? Like I said, patching mocha is way faster and easier than to allow every homebrew to access the SD Card individually...

I don't see why would FSHax be dangerous, unless you did something stupid (something you shouldn't have done). As you used a CFW at your own risk and did something you shouldn't have done, which lead into unexpected(?) results.

In the case of SDCafiine, the changes aren't permanent, so I don't see why would FSHax be dangerous.

Lastly, I will try to get in touch with @Maschell about SDCafiine soon.

Last edited by AboodXD,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
You mean like libiosuhax? Like I said, patching mocha is way faster and easier than to allow every homebrew to access the SD Card individually...

I don't see why would FSHax be dangerous, unless you did something stupid (something you shouldn't have done). As you used a CFW at your own risk and did something you shouldn't have done, which lead into unexpected(?) results.

In the case of SDCafiine, the changes aren't permanent, so I don't see why would FSHax be dangerous.

Lastly, I will try to get in touch with @Maschell about SDCafiine soon.
chmod 777 /
What could go wrong? As long as you don't do anything stupid...
libiosuhax really isn't that hard to implement (took me 10mins for various existing apps) but do what you want, I suppose. I'm trying my hand at a rewrite anyway so we'll see what happens.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for your SD access, I'd reccomend using /dev/iosuhax to mount the SD rather than FSHax.
I thought the object of fshax was to let a title (like a game) access a device that it wouldn't normally have access to. Wasn't the problem that games didn't work with sdcafiine because they couldn't access files that sdcafiine was trying to redirect them to, not that sdcafiine couldn't access the files? I'll admit that I haven't even glanced at sdcafiine's code, but that seems like how it would want to work.

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I thought the object of fshax was to let a title (like a game) access a device that it wouldn't normally have access to. Wasn't the problem that games didn't work with sdcafiine because they couldn't access files that sdcafiine was trying to redirect them to, not that sdcafiine couldn't access the files? I'll admit that I haven't even glanced at sdcafiine's code, but that seems like how it would want to work.
It's the same thing if you look at it from a different angle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Was a dark time