Country
United Arab Emirates
Wow, I haven't updated this thread since version 19. XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Version 24 has been released!
https://github.com/aboood40091/Miyamoto/releases/tag/v24

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug in exporting objects.
  • Updated libyaz0 to v0.4 which allows for faster level saving.
  • Updated the spritedata for sprites 182 and 186.
  • Added new and improved some sprite images.
  • Updated Puzzle NSMBU to v2.7.
  • Fixed sprite 298 sprite image. (Two coins)
  • Updated some values in the Nabbit Path editor.
  • Minor bug fixes.

I-am-Walter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I haven't updated this thread since version 19. XD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Version 24 has been released!
https://github.com/aboood40091/Miyamoto/releases/tag/v24

Changelog:
  • Fixed a bug in exporting objects.
  • Updated libyaz0 to v0.4 which allows for faster level saving.
  • Updated the spritedata for sprites 182 and 186.
  • Added new and improved some sprite images.
  • Updated Puzzle NSMBU to v2.7.
  • Fixed sprite 298 sprite image. (Two coins)
  • Updated some values in the Nabbit Path editor.
  • Minor bug fixes.
Do you know how can I export a Tileset with Miyamoto? When I try this for example with the tileset from Level 4-1 and I click on export tileset and then I choose the folder only a cmd windows pop up and he doens´t save the tileset in the outpot folder. I want to export this tileset and import it in Level 1-1 because I want to make a Ice/Snow Level there but now I can´t export this tileset. Can you help me.
P.s. Gives a Download-link from all the original tilesetf from NSBMU?
Best Regards

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Do you know how can I export a Tileset with Miyamoto? When I try this for example with the tileset from Level 4-1 and I click on export tileset and then I choose the folder only a cmd windows pop up and he doens´t save the tileset in the outpot folder. I want to export this tileset and import it in Level 1-1 because I want to make a Ice/Snow Level there but now I can´t export this tileset. Can you help me.
P.s. Gives a Download-link from all the original tilesetf from NSBMU?
Best Regards
Umm... just use the "All" tab. It has all NSMBU objects.

Also, you need zlib1.dll. Download the 32bit one and put it in the Tools folder.

Reactions: lordelan

enixd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This pertains to version 24.

A few questions:

1) When I place some sprites, the swaying pipe or moving ground platform, they don't show up in the game while other sprites do. Why?

2) I'm running a legit copy of the game together with the cafiine server, which made all the examples of setting up the folder structure useless, basically. The server actually showed me the on the disk structure, which I copied to my cafiine folder and it worked. Is there a way to know all of the folder structures and names on the disk, when I need to add custom tile-sets for example?

3) Where can we find documentation about more of how this editor works?
For example, how is quick paint utilized?
-Do NSMBU and NSLU share all the resources, or do we need to set up
a folder if we are running only NSMBU?
-What are some of the biggest changes when coming from working with
Reggie on NSMBWii?
-What's the use of having compressed/uncompressed files? I've been sticking to editing compressed since that's what the games uses.
-Will "Undo" be implemented?
-I don't remember if NSMBU had them but Newer team added the SMB3 Scrolling pipes to NSMBWii, can we expect the same feature?

Thanks.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This pertains to version 24.

A few questions:

1) When I place some sprites, the swaying pipe or moving ground platform, they don't show up in the game while other sprites do. Why?

2) I'm running a legit copy of the game together with the cafiine server, which made all the examples of setting up the folder structure useless, basically. The server actually showed me the on the disk structure, which I copied to my cafiine folder and it worked. Is there a way to know all of the folder structures and names on the disk, when I need to add custom tile-sets for example?

For example, how is quick paint utilized?
-What are some of the biggest changes when coming from working with
Reggie on NSMBWii?
-What's the use of having compressed/uncompressed files? I've been sticking to editing compressed since that's what the games uses.
-Will "Undo" be implemented?
-I don't remember if NSMBU had them but Newer team added the SMB3 Scrolling pipes to NSMBWii, can we expect the same feature?

Thanks.
The biggest change is that tilesets are now per level and not sets, so there is no a tileset folder on NSMBU, also, the SMB3 scrolling pipes was not added by newer team, they are unused ones, obviously they had deleted on NSMBU

enixd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest change is that tilesets are now per level and not sets, so there is no a tileset folder on NSMBU, also, the SMB3 scrolling pipes was not added by newer team, they are unused ones, obviously they had deleted on NSMBU

Does the per level tile set mean we can pick and choose?
The SMB3 pipes were broken and had to be fixed.

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
You need to hook those sprites to controllers for them to show up. Take a look at 1-1 for an example on the moving platform and 1-2 for an example on tilted pipes and 5-4 for an example on swaying pipes.
If you want to take a look at the filesystem for NSMBU, just download the game files or rip them.
(tilesets are inside the levels btw. There is not tileset folder in NSMBU and NSLU)
Hmm, there are a few videos out there by Gota7. Though I am planning to make tutorials in the future. For now, there is this one:

how is quick paint utilized?

NSMBU v1.3.0 shares all the resources with NSLU.
What are some of the biggest changes when coming from working with
Reggie on NSMBWii?
The biggest and most obvious change is how tilesets are handled. Since each level has its own tileset (which only contains the objects the level uses only), making levels became more of a challenge. That's why I added a new tab to the palette, called the "All" tab, which basically has ALL the objects in NSMBU and NSLU. Refer to the Miyamoto tutorial above if you want to know how to set it up.
Other than that, Miyamoto basically functions exactly like Reggie.
What's the use of having compressed/uncompressed files? I've been sticking to editing compressed since that's what the games uses.
The game uses compressed files (SZS). Compressing takes time, so the editor lets you save as an uncompressed file (SARC).
You should always save as SZS when testing because that's what the game uses/wants. If you just want to make a backup of the level, or you want to save the level constantly, save as SARC.
Alternatively, Miyamoto has an option to fake-compress (compress without taking time). This is very useful if you want to constantly test your level, but you must only use it for testing with CEMU.
To enable fake-compressing, go to File -> Miyamoto Preferences, and set the compression level to 0.
Will "Undo" be implemented?
Probably not. Sorry.
I don't remember if NSMBU had them but Newer team added the SMB3 Scrolling pipes to NSMBWii, can we expect the same feature?
Scrolling pipes? I don't remember them. Do you have a video of them?

enixd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to hook those sprites to controllers for them to show up. Take a look at 1-1 for an example on the moving platform and 1-2 for an example on tilted pipes and 5-4 for an example on swaying pipes.

If you want to take a look at the filesystem for NSMBU, just download the game files or rip them.
(tilesets are inside the levels btw. There is not tileset folder in NSMBU and NSLU)

Hmm, there are a few videos out there by Gota7. Though I am planning to make tutorials in the future. For now, there is this one:

NSMBU v1.3.0 shares all the resources with NSLU.

The biggest and most obvious change is how tilesets are handled. Since each level has its own tileset (which only contains the objects the level uses only), making levels became more of a challenge. That's why I added a new tab to the palette, called the "All" tab, which basically has ALL the objects in NSMBU and NSLU. Refer to the Miyamoto tutorial above if you want to know how to set it up.
Other than that, Miyamoto basically functions exactly like Reggie.

The game uses compressed files (SZS). Compressing takes time, so the editor lets you save as an uncompressed file (SARC).
You should always save as SZS when testing because that's what the game uses/wants. If you just want to make a backup of the level, or you want to save the level constantly, save as SARC.
Alternatively, Miyamoto has an option to fake-compress (compress without taking time). This is very useful if you want to constantly test your level, but you must only use it for testing with CEMU.
To enable fake-compressing, go to File -> Miyamoto Preferences, and set the compression level to 0.

Probably not. Sorry.

Scrolling pipes? I don't remember them. Do you have a video of them?

Thanks for the answers. I played around a bit and figured out about the sprites not showing up.

A question: would it be hard to implement a visual movement of the swaying pipes when you choose the degree? It's mostly by trial and error now and it would
be great if Miyamoto represented the slant.
Also, is there a way to get rid of the highlight on the tileset showing in Miyamoto?

Thanks again.

The SMB3 pipes where you go in and it moves the player to other side of the pipe without leaving the screen.

AboodXD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
A question: would it be hard to implement a visual movement of the swaying pipes when you choose the degree? It's mostly by trial and error now and it would
be great if Miyamoto represented the slant.
Yes, it would be hard.
Also, is there a way to get rid of the highlight on the tileset showing in Miyamoto?
Highlight? What highlight?
The SMB3 pipes where you go in and it moves the player to other side of the pipe without leaving the screen.
Oh, they aren't in NSMBU afaik...

enixd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it would be hard.

Highlight? What highlight?
miyamto.JPG

Left how it appears in game vs Miyamoto. I know that it helps with understanding the correct placement but I wish I could turn it off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.