Minecraft is digging into the Wii U eShop

Minecraft-Earth-banner_6804147_lrg.jpg

It is official folks! Minecraft for Wii U has been announced today and will even feature off screen play! It comes on the eShop December 17th, and will cost 29.99USD.

We’ll have more to share on Minecraft: Wii U Edition closer to its release. Looking forward to welcoming you to the world of Minecraft, Nintendo fans!

The game will feature off-TV play, so players can keep their games going on the screen of the Wii U GamePad controller if another family member wants to watch something else on TV. The game also comes with some of the most popular current Minecraft add-on content packs:

• Battle & Beasts Skin Pack
  • Battle & Beasts 2 Skin Pack
  • Natural Texture Pack
  • City Texture Pack
  • Fantasy Texture Pack
  • Festive Mash-up Pack
“With so many included add-on content packs, Minecraft: Wii U Edition brings an exciting collection of Minecraft content and experiences to Nintendo fans,” said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America’s President and COO. “Wii U players will have plenty of reasons to keep coming back to this iconic gaming experience.”

In addition to the content that comes with the game, players will also be able to expand their experience with 16 additional add-on packs available for purchase within the Nintendo eShop at launch:

1. Festive Skin Pack
2. The Simpsons Skin Pack
3. Doctor Who Skins Volume 1
4. Doctor Who Skins Volume 2
5. Star Wars Classic Skin Pack
6. Star Wars Rebels Skin Pack
7. Star Wars Prequel Skin Pack
8. Mass Effect Mash-up Pack
9. Skyrim Mash-up Pack
10. Plastic Texture Pack
11. Candy Texture Pack
12. Cartoon Texture Pack
13. Steampunk Texture Pack
14. Pattern Texture Pack
15. Greek Mythology Mash-up Pack
16. Halloween 2015 Mash-up Pack
More add-on packs will also be available for the game in the future.

:arrow:Source

Last edited by BurningDesire,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your avatar says otherwise...

Because all My Little Pony fans are either immature kids or immature neckbeards.

Stop stereotyping. Not all fans of x series are dumbasses. (x is nearly anything with a fandom)

T_Gaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't there be a Minecraft 3D? It would be perfect with 3D graphics. I don't even care if it's New 3DS only. I'm gonna buy it!

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't there be a Minecraft 3D? It would be perfect with 3D graphics. I don't even care if it's New 3DS only. I'm gonna buy it!
No 3DS support :hateit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/...wii_u_edition_rated_by_pegi/cwxn46p?context=1
No. At least not for the current MCPE with infinite worlds, Redstone etc. We could make a barebones version that looks more like MCPE 0.8, but I don't know if it would be worth it as it would come out as the worst version with no chance of improving... doesn't feel fair to sell it only on the name.
MCPE is well optimized, but AFAIK the New 3DS is less powerful than a PSVita, where MCPE barely runs these days.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had this of happened in 2012, I'd have died of hype... But seeing as I have grown to despise the game, I honestly don't care too much about seeing it on Wii U. All I can say is "Cool, I don't give a shit. I'm too busy with other games..."

chrisman02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Used to love Minecraft. Remember when it first came out and GBATemp had Tempcraft. I built a massive ship, and a large dungeon where people would fall to bedrock and have to navigate through the labyrinth to reach the end.

Man, those were the days. I haven't been here in 4+ years, is Tempcraft still a thing?

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Also, I'm curious as to what version this will be based on. Will it be based on the PS3/360 version or will it be based on the PS4/XB1 version?

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand the negativity in this thread. What could possibly be bad about Minecraft being ported to the Wii U?

Don't like Minecraft?
Don't buy it!

Already have it on (an)other platform(s)?
Don't buy it!

Too expensive?
Don't buy it!

Like Minecraft and don't mind paying a measly $10 more than the price on other platforms?
Buy it!

I believe that should cover the options.

Reactions: BurningDesire

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the negativity in this thread. What could possibly be bad about Minecraft being ported to the Wii U?

Don't like Minecraft?
Don't buy it!

Don't buy it!

Too expensive?
Don't buy it!

Like Minecraft and don't mind paying a measly $10 more than the price on other platforms?
Buy it!

I think most of the negativity comes from overhyping the "big announcement".

consider who said there was going to be a big announcement: Damon Baker, who "works with indies" at Nintendo to put it simply.

Minecraft on Wii U is "big" for two reasons:
  • it's Microsoft putting their game on a competing console, Nintendo's Wii U.
  • one of the most popular "indie" games (I know Mojang isn't really indie at this point) is now on Wii U after several years.
most people, however, thought it was going to be a major announcement by Nintendo, such as Nintendo Account, the successor to Club Nintendo, or NX information. as a result people are upset.

as for the cost, all of the other console versions are $19.99 while the PC version is $26.95. paying more for an inferior version to the PC doesn't appeal to a lot of people.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
What constitutes a 'big announcement' is surely subjective. A new Pokemon game wouldn't be a big announcement to me as I don't play Pokemon games, but it would be a big announcement for somebody who like Pokemon. A new Donkey Kong Country game would be a big announcement for me because I love Donkey Kong Country games.

Reactions: BurningDesire

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What constitutes a 'big announcement' is surely subjective. A new Pokemon game wouldn't be a big announcement to me as I don't play Pokemon games, but it would be a big announcement for somebody who like Pokemon. A new Donkey Kong Country game would be a big announcement for me because I love Donkey Kong Country games.
the point is most people though it was a big announcement from Nintendo about Nintendo Account or something, not another game that most people already knew was coming to the console. Minecraft for Wii U is certainly not a bad thing, but overhyping got people upset when they didn't get what they expected.

what constitutes a "big announcement" definitely is subjective; however, even those who liked Minecraft were initially disappointed because of this.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Don't like Minecraft?
Don't buy it!

Don't buy it!

Too expensive?
Don't buy it!

Buy it!

major criticism on this decision is that any company aims at profit..and ok...but any customer is free to support or not a company that behave this way.
for companies i mean all of them : Notch as indie / mojang / microsoft / Nintendo

we will never know which interests caused this delay
mojang itself said that they started talking to microsoft in 2012, notch himself posted on twitter in 2012 the price then microsoft eventually paid for the company ... really not a case...

you are looking at the game itself as the problem, and it's not a problem, but what it's surrounding this porting is making people suspisious about this timing...why give them money for such a late porting?
all these companies deserve money on how they managed the thing?
in you honest opinion do you think is worth supporting such behave?
or maybe they could have managed better the whole thing?
supporting them is asking them to behave the same way next time ...
for me and many people this is enough to say "no"...
and that is not anyway a loss for us since as you said the game is present on many platforms ... so ...

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sums up most people I have encountered in most areas of life. I think people tend to expect the wrong things.
major criticism on this decision is that any company aims at profit..and ok...but any customer is free to support or not a company that behave this way.
for companies i mean all of them : Notch as indie / mojang / microsoft / Nintendo

we will never know which interests caused this delay
mojang itself said that they started talking to microsoft in 2012, notch himself posted on twitter in 2012 the price then microsoft eventually paid for the company ... really not a case...

you are looking at the game itself as the problem, and it's not a problem, but what it's surrounding this porting is making people suspisious about this timing...why give them money for such a late porting?
all these companies deserve money on how they managed the thing?
in you honest opinion do you think is worth supporting such behave?
or maybe they could have managed better the whole thing?
supporting them is asking them to behave the same way next time ...
for me and many people this is enough to say "no"...
and that is not anyway a loss for us since as you said the game is present on many platforms ... so ...
here, just consider this:
  • if it was Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima, or Reggie Fils-Aimé, who said a big announcement was happening and we got Minecraft out of it, people would be reasonably outraged, because we'd all think it was Nintendo Account/the successor to Club Nintendo/etc etc, coming from their position.
  • since it was Damon Baker who works with indies, Minecraft is a reasonable thing to come out of it. I can't blame most people for being upset though, since most of them were never told this.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
here, just consider this:
  • since it was Damon Baker who works with indies, Minecraft is a reasonable thing to come out of it. I can't blame most people for being upset though, since most of them were never told this.

last time a Nintendo employee spoke without permission of things inside the company was fired ... that happened just few months ago...
Surely this guy is putting his face but words are from Reggie ...

again
pegi was discovered, direct happened and no words
Why ?
"too late is second name of wiiu"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo