Country

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
While on the subject of 'Bedrock' - I just like to say that I have FINALLY finished my latest map,
Funnily enough I've called it 'Bedrock' - & I bet you can guess why.......

Download map

Bedrock%20128x128.jpg

Description: a 128 x 128 FULL HEIGHT map that contains absolutely nothing in it except the very most bottom layer of [non destroyable] 'bedrock'

.... Just remember - there's no such thing as 'mcedit' for DSCraft, so you can guess why it took so long...... ;)

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That is Bedrock, and you cannot delete/destroy them.

Oh right. I changed the texture pack and didn't recognise it. I am familiar with bedrock. This is a bug. I was making a waterfall and the pieces changed into all sorts of buckets and things. I reloaded the map and the bedrock was there instead. And now it's making a mess in my map. Grr.

that's an epic looking structure you got goin there =)

My map is huge. Months of work. Not finished yet. Great game, btw.

xpgnome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, i have a problem, i use minecraft 1.1, convert any map to dscraft, convertion correct, but in DS, open the map, and the map is very strange, and the flat maps of minecraft, i can't see anything in the map (after converted).

if is possible, i take a photo.

Sorry for my english ;)

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
How do I get rid of these indestructible black and white blocks?
Unfortunately this is most probably the result of a bug which was reported a while ago, which causes a water flow to somehow transform into bedrock, apparently. I've never been able to reproduce it, hence why i haven't fixed it.
It sucks that this bug would screw up your world though. If you want, I could make you a quick build which would allow you to destroy bedrock so you can manually fix your map. I'm really not interested in working more on the game these days though, so you'd have to use it carefully (ie, not try to remove the bottommost layer of blocks, who knows what that would do).
Anyway, let me know and if you want I can probably upload something for you by tomorrow.

Hello, i have a problem, i use minecraft 1.1, convert any map to dscraft, convertion correct, but in DS, open the map, and the map is very strange, and the flat maps of minecraft, i can't see anything in the map (after converted).

Sorry for my english ;)
I don't know whether the minecraft world format has changed since I made mc2ds or not, so that could be the problem. It's unlikely if the program seems to run fine though. You'd have to make sure you gave it the right arguments, and if possible explain a little better what's so "strange" about the converted world.
Also, keep in mind DScraft only supports 64 blocks in height, versus at least 128 in minecraft. You can set how which altitude range you want to convert in mc2ds's argument. For your flatmap, my guess is you converted too high a range, which would explain why it's completely empty. Try lowering the value, and if all fails you could always just use cannonfodder's flat maps.

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately this is most probably the result of a bug which was reported a while ago, which causes a water flow to somehow transform into bedrock, apparently. I've never been able to reproduce it, hence why i haven't fixed it.
It sucks that this bug would screw up your world though. If you want, I could make you a quick build which would allow you to destroy bedrock so you can manually fix your map. I'm really not interested in working more on the game these days though, so you'd have to use it carefully (ie, not try to remove the bottommost layer of blocks, who knows what that would do).
Anyway, let me know and if you want I can probably upload something for you by tomorrow.

Hey Smealum.

That's an excellent offer. However, I kinda like having a little bit of magic bedrock, so I've made it a special feature. Thanks for the offer though.

And I understand about getting bored of things. It is an excellent time waster though. :)

xpgnome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sorry for my english ;)
I don't know whether the minecraft world format has changed since I made mc2ds or not, so that could be the problem. It's unlikely if the program seems to run fine though. You'd have to make sure you gave it the right arguments, and if possible explain a little better what's so "strange" about the converted world.
Also, keep in mind DScraft only supports 64 blocks in height, versus at least 128 in minecraft. You can set how which altitude range you want to convert in mc2ds's argument. For your flatmap, my guess is you converted too high a range, which would explain why it's completely empty. Try lowering the value, and if all fails you could always just use cannonfodder's flat maps.

Amm ok, lowering the value and crash in loading... but use the cannonfodder's maps Thank for your answer!
And sorry for the stupid question (the guru errors)
Now, I do not care to be an abandoned project, in the moment is the best Hb in the world!
And i found a very strange bug, i put some water in the world, and suddenly, the game generate infinite water in all the world, restart the game, i see strange blocks, like bedrock (the same error as you) is very strange.

Reactions: 1 person

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
.....I'm really not interested in working more on the game these days though, ......
That's a shame to hear that....
If you wanna 'give it up' - any plans to release the source code ???
Perhaps some1 else can take up the project ?? (giving you full credit though) .....

Reactions: 1 person

xpgnome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
.....I'm really not interested in working more on the game these days though, ......
Perhaps some1 else can take up the project ?? (giving you full credit though) .....

But, if he don't want put the source, is its decision. But if he want put the source, and much people want to continue the project, but not sure.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I can't really do that right now. I can't really explain though, it's kind of complicated. I'm sorry. When I have more time, I promise I'll try to work on this.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU