Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minecraft itself is a clone of a less famous game.
I guess, somewhat.The original game (Can't remember the name) was mainly about digging and racing to find minerals iirc. Minecraft took the concept, and fully changed it into building and adventure.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Minecraft itself is a clone of a less famous game.
I guess, somewhat.The original game (Can't remember the name) was mainly about digging and racing to find minerals iirc. Minecraft took the concept, and fully changed it into building and adventure.

FYI -The name of the [original] game is 'Infiniminer'
[yt]7lM0XfKQ4u8[/yt]
From Minecraft Main Page @ www.minecraft.net/game said:
Origins
I started Minecraft after playing some Infiniminer with a couple of people from TigSource. I realized that a game that simple yet that dynamic had a lot of potential to turn into a really great game, and kept coming up with things I wanted to change and stuff I wanted to add.

I had recently quit my job as a game developer to be able to focus more on indie game dev during my free time, and I was looking for a new game to develop. I had a few ideas floating around, but most required really long development times.

These two factors led to Minecraft.

Reactions: 1 person

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
This is a big ol' lego map ive been building on since DSCraft's initial release. I dubbed it Vato's Grottos
...it was either name it that, or call the map Loco's Labyrinth=P yeah, clever. Anyway, it's still a work-in-progress.

27096-SCR_00002.png
27096-SCR_00008.png
27096-SCR_00012.png
27096-SCR_00013.png

Lots of stuff to explore here.
Caves/Labyrinths (duh=P)
A bunch of Lakes/rivers and docks
Plenty of Buildings
Huge-Ass Pyramid
Sphynx
Flyin' smiley
i dunno. stuff.

download.gif
Download

Anybody else got a map they wanna share? i'd like to see what other ppl have created.

Reactions: 2 people

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Anybody else got a map they wanna share? i'd like to see what other ppl have created.
I'm not too creative (got a couple of ideas though)... never finished off my 'Cannon Village' map either...

Currently working on an 'update' to one of my older maps but since I'm only doing it in spare time between other 'projects' it's taking a while

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
My DS died! ):
Hope it wasn't because of DSCraft..... then again why would you post that HERE ??
This is a big ol' lego map ive been building on since DSCraft's initial release. I dubbed it Vato's Grottos
...it was either name it that, or call the map Loco's Labyrinth=P yeah, clever. Anyway, it's still a work-in-progress.
You could of called it 'Locorinth' :lol:

xpgnome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The game is great, but i hate the guru errors! Smealum, fix soon the bug! I can't play the game!

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The game is great, but i hate the guru errors! Smealum, fix soon the bug! I can't play the game!
I don't think that your sound is good. It would be better if you write "Could you please fix the Gurus soon because I hate them and I can't play the game this way." It's a homemade game and you havn't paied anything!!!

Reactions: 1 person

LeRodeur

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't think that your sound is good. It would be better if you write "Could you please fix the Gurus soon because I hate them and I can't play the game this way." It's a homemade game and you havn't paied anything!!!
Your wasting your time, this thread is full of people who doesn't even seem to understand that home-brewers have a personal life too.

Ray =D

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yep, those people really think, we would stay in front of our Computer 24 hours each day. But thats not true, many have to go to school (for example me) have other projects to do etc. There's often no time for the homebrews.

xpgnome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your wasting your time, this thread is full of people who doesn't even seem to understand that home-brewers have a personal life too.

I know, sorry for the stupid comments. I know he needed go to school, study.etc
Sorry!
And the bad english, sorry too, but i'm learning english, is not perfect! :P

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. Whenever I try opening up mc2ds, it comes up with an error, saying that 'zlib1.dll' is missing from my computer.
What does this mean?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/d7mkQP8