Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
RoboticBuddy said:
smealum said:
FireGrey said:
Maybe instead of saving in real-time you could just have a save button on the pause screen?
That's what I think I'll be doing if I can't do it in real time.
wink.gif

FireGrey said:
BTW why is there a creeper if it's Classic?
No reason really, I was just messing around and at the same time wanted to see whether survival would be feasible.
tongue.gif
(this was just a small test though, so I still don't know for sure)
I never found a Creeper...
That's because there are no creepers in the demo that's available for download.
wink.gif

QUOTE(Wizerzak @ Jul 11 2011, 07:05 PM)
OK, I tested this out for a bit and I know it's still in progress but:

The control scheme needs changing. (Or at least an option to change it). Usuing only the buttons you cannot look up/down. And when using the stylus (my preferred method with FPS) you cannot jump (easily). Also, there is no option to strafe at all.
Yeah, don't worry about that, I think I mentioned in the other thread that this demo wasn't really meant to go public so I really didn't make any effort on that side of things. Controls will change and they will become better, but that's really not my priority right now.

D

Deleted-236924

SoulSnatcher said:
Pingouin7 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Especially, considering that only people who own a flashcart or use an emulator can run it.
Which is basically everyone who can play Minecraft.
wut?

Not that many people own flashcarts or even know about this homebrew. The number of people who know about Minecraft and own a flashcart is probably even less.
Remember, you talked about emulators.

D

Deleted_171835

Pingouin7 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Pingouin7 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Especially, considering that only people who own a flashcart or use an emulator can run it.
wut?

Not that many people own flashcarts or even know about this homebrew. The number of people who know about Minecraft and own a flashcart is probably even less.
Nobody is going to play Minecraft DS in an emulator as opposed to playing the regular Minecraft.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Wow. I'm amazed. As a simple work-in-progress, this is amazing. I haven't seen such hard work put into a homebrew game in a while... keep it up.

D

Deleted-236924

SoulSnatcher said:
Pingouin7 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Pingouin7 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
wut?

Nobody is going to play Minecraft DS in an emulator as opposed to playing the regular Minecraft.
Doesn't matter.
You said that not many people could play that one since only those with an emulator or a flashcart could play it.
I pointed out that pretty much everyone who had access to a computer that can run Minecraft can run a DS emulator.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This has me interested. I was never able to really get into it on my computer, but maybe on my DS, I can show some initiative in getting something done. Do you have any idea what height limitations may exist (ie: how many blocks tall)? Just curious as to how high one may build. For the time I enjoyed Minecraft on my computer, I had fun building big 'ol, old style castles.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
IIRC, whatever limits there were, it was ridiculously high. I remember seeing a Youtube vid of someone making a 1:1 copy of the Starship Enterprise. The disc-shaped bow of the ship was high into the clouds.

Imagine Xenoblade's distant colossal figure in the background of the cover art. It was that far, that high.

D

Deleted-236924

ferofax said:
IIRC, whatever limits there were, it was ridiculously high. I remember seeing a Youtube vid of someone making a 1:1 copy of the Starship Enterprise. The disc-shaped bow of the ship was high into the clouds.
Well, it is not possible to build stuff above the clouds since you get stuck when you reach cloud level.
A map editor was probably used.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
ferofax said:
Well, it is not possible to build stuff above the clouds since you get stuck when you reach cloud level.
He's talking about Classic, where it's possible to build out of the map.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I find it difficult to place blocks. You can only place blocks on top of other blocks, you can't place them like the original Minecraft. I hope this gets fixed in future updates. YES I KNOW THIS IS AN ALPHA DEMO!

Some other things that should be fixed:
Infinite Jumping
Jumping is 3 blocks high, it should be 1 block high.
Terrain Generator, I have seen tree blocks spawn out of the map where approaching them crashes the game.

Features that should be added:
Touch Screen Interface that contains inventory/block selector, jump button, place/use button.
L and R buttons should be USE/ATTACK/REMOVE BLOCK
A Y LEFT and RIGHT should be strife Left/Right
X B UP and DOWN should be move forward backward.

Features that would be nice to have
Online Multiplayer (Please?)
Ability to import/export maps MCDS maps to/from Minecraft?

I hope this just becomes to the point of being a perfect copy of Creative Mode. I would love to spend hours on end on creating Minecraft worlds and massive structures on the go.

Keep up the good work dude, don't let the n00bs pressure you!

D

Deleted-236924

TDWP FTW said:
Pingouin7 said:
ferofax said:
He's talking about Classic, where it's possible to build out of the map.
I was talking about classic too.
I was not able to build anything over cloud level.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Any white screen fixes for TTDS available?
This probably means your launcher doesn't support the argv protocol (which is necessary for nitroFS); have you tried using hbmenu ?

DJ91990 said:
I find it difficult to place blocks. You can only place blocks on top of other blocks, you can't place them like the original Minecraft. I hope this gets fixed in future updates.
Yeah, I think I already mentioned that in an earlier post actually.
tongue.gif
It will be fixed, no worries.

dylanlanphear said:
Secondly, my blocks have no texture. That normal?
Mmmmh, not really, probably another nitroFS problem, try launching it through hbmenu.
(since so many people seem to be having trouble with nitroFS, I'll probably be releasing a FAT version of the game as well in future updates)

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Jul 11 2011, 11:34 PM)
Do you have any idea what height limitations may exist (ie: how many blocks tall)?
So far maps are limited to being 64 blocks high. I know it may not sound like much, but I do think it's pretty good already. In the current state of things (ie. using my engine), making taller maps would only be possible with a DSi version I think.

CoNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Freakin' awesome! Smealum, if you need a dedicated Minecraft fan and NDS tester, let me know!

Hope you will consider the Survival mode, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-