Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The demo is really great. If you add a save function, remove crashes and add more blocks, It would be awesome
biggrin.gif

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed there's quite a bit of interest in this project. A couple of days ago I looked at the bottom of the page here and it showed "290 User(s) are reading this topic"
ohmy.gif

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
boktor666 said:
Depravo said:
So.... How long before the inevitable C&D?
I hope never. This is gonna be good if it's complete. And I think that the guy behind this all will not stop, seeing the large amounts of Praising comments

that's what they said about Crimsom Echoes and Streets of Rage 4...

when it all comes down to it..the dev wants to secure his bottom line...

but it would be a epic dick move to C+D something that is normally free

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
newo said:
I wish I had a DS to test it out! Any chance of a wii homebrew port when you done?

This is being made with the specifications of the DS hardware in mind. If people want a Wii version, a Wii homebrew developer will have to jump on that. It's an entirely different beast to tackle.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
A Wii version could be much more full than this is likely to be. I would hope a developer wouldn't just be lazy and port it, but rather, make it from the ground up.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
newo said:
well when he is done with the DS version I am sure a wii dev will find a way to port it.
The Wii dev might as well make a port/remake of the actual Minecraft, a port of a port seems like more trouble than it's worth.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like making a Wii homebrew like this, but I have no programming skills whatsoever. i can only recognize some usages of code.

newo

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Homebrew games take along time to make and some games as very "tricky", I know because I've been making one for six months. Seeing that nobody has made a wii version of minecraft yet, i presume our best bet would be to get a port of one as a starting point. Even better if its already done.
smile.gif

WioWao

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
newo said:
well when he is done with the DS version I am sure a wii dev will find a way to port it.
The Wii dev might as well make a port/remake of the actual Minecraft, a port of a port seems like more trouble than it's worth.
Why? The original Minecraft is written in Java, this is C++. C++ compiles on everything? Yes? Won't take long to adjust it for the Wii compared to building it from the ground up
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U