Hacking microSD management on homecreen and working on old3DS's too

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works great, transfer speed might not be thrilling but it is convenient and the connection is very reliable. FTPony is already uninstalled....

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Works great, transfer speed might not be thrilling but it is convenient and the connection is very reliable. FTPony is already uninstalled....

I was using ftbrony... Connection speed sucks real bad but I transferred my sysNAND backup (1.84gb) flawlessly with it, it just took an awful amount of time :(
I kept it just in case :P

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well i asked the person to test out the region free patch too as i only have EU consoles, and mine was based on the EU version of the app, but i dont see why it wouldnt work....at worst it would probably just need to build a EU/US versions....but im pretty sure the region free will work fine with it

nintendo's code, not allowed on gbatemp....plus i dont want to be distributing it....but a friend also knows how to re-create it (it pretty simple tbh as long as your familiar with rebuilding roms etc)....but no doubt he will probably share it in the usual places

Would be allowed to publish how to do it yourself, without distributing any Nintendo's code.

Personally, I leave the backplate of the N3DS without turning the screws, so I can easily remove the Micro-SD card. Even without turning the screws, the backplate don't move so it's not a big problem.

Reactions: mvmiranda

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would be allowed to publish how to do it yourself, without distributing any Nintendo's code.

Personally, I leave the backplate of the N3DS without turning the screws, so I can easily remove the Micro-SD card. Even without turning the screws, the backplate don't move so it's not a big problem.
yeah i would prefer to share how to do it with 1 person and they do what they will with that info, rather than get into the nitty gritty of it i.e decrypting stuff, editing files, rebuilding etc, i don't want to offer support questions for everyone who tries to rebuild and messes up, its easier to guide 1 person and let them release it, its not as simple as the whitelist thing i made the 1 screenshot that covers how to create it, rebuilding it takes quite a few stages, if you are interested in how i did it, apache thunder did a pretty comprehensive [How To] on the process on the "usual site" in the US release thread

plus the main advantage of this is not needing to do the exploit card swap routine every time you want to copy something new onto the n3DS....even for say a 512kb save that would take 2 seconds to back up/ restore

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Speeds are just useless for anything over 5MB. :(
not really, just sent over a 160MB file, done in like 5 mins....you really couldnt expect it to be as fast as having the SD in your computer....but its good for smaller files like transferring saves, or transferring smaller cia files for testing

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
not really, just sent over a 160MB file, done in like 5 mins....you really couldnt expect it to be as fast as having the SD in your computer....but its good for smaller files like transferring saves, or transferring smaller cia files for testing

It's really slow for me. I'd be lucky to get 89kbps transfer speed.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's really slow for me. I'd be lucky to get 89kbps transfer speed.
oh, must be something on your end pretty much everyone else is getting around 700kb/s
and there was me thinking you where just moaning XD, but yeah 89kbps would be pretty tedious

try resetting your router etc

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, must be something on your end pretty much everyone else is getting around 700kb/s
and there was me thinking you where just moaning XD, but yeah 89kbps would be pretty tedious

try resetting your router etc

I don't have any issues with other devices over local, it's just this N3DS being fucking slow.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't have any issues with other devices over local, it's just this N3DS being fucking slow.
hmmm sorry idk what i can really suggest, maybe just test it out on another router or something at some point, but mines pretty steady at 700kb/s only issue i have had was it not connecting once, but that was a router issue and resetting the router fixed it

do you have anything else currently streaming over your network of anything?

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm sorry idk what i can really suggest, maybe just test it out on another router or something at some point, but mines pretty steady at 700kb/s only issue i have had was it not connecting once, but that was a router issue and resetting the router fixed it

do you have anything else currently streaming over your network of anything?

Other than another PC not really. Same speeds even when they're not on the network. I'll do some more testing though, didn't know it was that much of a problem until I mentioned it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Other than another PC not really. Same speeds even when they're not on the network. I'll do some more testing though, didn't know it was that much of a problem until I mentioned it.
yeah odd, what speeds do you get in sysnand if you use the microSD management in system settings?.....rule it out being down to the homescreen version, some people have said they get like 2 mb/s on the normal SD management, but only 700 kb/s when running from homescreen, so its likely that normal apps have some sort of network cap, but pretty much everyone else has been getting 700 kb/s

personally i only get 700 kb/s wherever i launch it from (probably my crappy router)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah odd, what speeds do you get in sysnand if you use the microSD management in system settings?.....rule it out being down to the homescreen version, some people have said they get like 2 mb/s on the normal SD management, but only 700 kb/s when running from homescreen, so its likely that normal apps have some sort of network cap, but pretty much everyone else has been getting 700 kb/s

personally i only get 700 kb/s wherever i launch it from (probably my crappy router)

Even worse through sysNAND...

How do you run it from homescreen though?

772XuuM.png

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Even worse through sysNAND...

How do you run it from homescreen though?

772XuuM.png
hmmmm thats weird, must be something to do with your setup, running it from the homescreen just means installing the cia files this thread is about (so you dont need to enter system settings and get booted from emunand)

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmmm thats weird, must be something to do with your setup, running it from the homescreen just means installing the cia files this thread is about (so you dont need to enter system settings and get booted from emunand)

Well you wouldn't of guessed this. I changed the channel on my router and I have speeeeeeeeeeeeeed. There was interference on one of the channel it was defaultly on.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc