Hacking microSD management on homecreen and working on old3DS's too

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I saw it on [redacted] today, tried and it works fine. I got the one with a custom banner. This will come in handy :)
Is it normal that it shows an error upon closing? Nevermind.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the error on exit is normal. Just don't try and exit the program using the power button. That will lock up the system and you'll have to reboot. For now it's not a major problem. But I'm hoping someone can look into the code.bin/romfs.bin file and find away to fix the crash issue. The app might be trying to call a service or command that isn't present because it wasn't started from System Settings like it's supposed to.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I found an issue with this hack. If I enter the tool within the system menu, I got stable transferspeeds betweeen 1,2MB/s and 1,4MB/s. If I transfer any files with the cia, the connection drops to max. 750KB/s and drops further until 0KB/s and goes up again to 750KB/s. Sometimes It reaches only 80KB/s.
I think there is a problem with the initialization of the WLAN-Device when you start the cia.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh no matter where i run it from i only seem to get between 500-800KB/s, but that my just be my crappy router XD

but i suppose it could be that in system settings the wifi isn't really in use for anything else, but its possible the system reserves some of the bandwidth in the homescreen for extra functions such as checking for system updates, streetpass etc, but anyways, it is what it is, it wasn't really meant to be run from the homescreen i guess some issues are to be expected, but its really handy for transferring smaller stuff, eshop titles, backing up and restoring saves etc

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any way to do the same thing with date/hour settings?
And please, PW me link where it was realeased

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tbh no matter where i run it from i only seem to get between 500-800KB/s, but that my just be my crappy router XD

but i suppose it could be that in system settings the wifi isn't really in use for anything else, but its possible the system reserves some of the bandwidth in the homescreen for extra functions such as checking for system updates, streetpass etc, but anyways, it is what it is, it wasn't really meant to be run from the homescreen i guess some issues are to be expected, but its really handy for transferring smaller stuff, eshop titles, backing up and restoring saves etc

Yeah for saves its great. But I mainly use it to transfer the games. Its bitter enough if you know the card can handle 70MB/s without problems but when you have to stick with ~500KB/s... You get the idea.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah for saves its great. But I mainly use it to transfer the games. Its bitter enough if you know the card can handle 70MB/s without problems but when you have to stick with ~500KB/s... You get the idea.
Yeah I know what you mean, but the 3ds wasn't ever really meant to be pushing CIA files over wifi, the tool is pretty much only really designed for transferring the pictures taken on the 3ds for people using their console legitimately, so for that purpose the app is fine, personally if I was transferring anything super huge I would probably just take the back off and copy them manually even for a 3gb file it would probably be pretty tedious, I can only imagine what kind of time you would be talking about for say 20gb of CIA files :blink: .....and then the time it takes to install the CIA files, you would probably end up spending the best half of a day on it :wtf:

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i used the wifi transfer app to transfer my sysnand dump, it took about 45 minutes, but i didn't have a screwdriver so i couldn't access my micro sd card directly :)

Child definitely looks to be DLC/Game patch type. Thanks. I might get my custom game patch repacked correctly now. :D

EDIT: What about "Category" under Title ID section? That one doesn't accept Child as the category type... I might try and pack it anyway with just the content type set to child and see if that works.

child is for download play content

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok! I've just installed the US version and it's apparently working perfectly.

But the app always gives me an error message when I leave it. Something like "A error happened and that I need to save everything and restart the console". When I click OK my Home Menu refreshes the icons but everything seems fine.

Is that right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Ok! I've just installed the US version and it's apparently working perfectly.

But the app always gives me an error message when I leave it. Something like "A error happened and that I need to save everything and restart the console". When I click OK my Home Menu refreshes the icons but everything seems fine.

Is that right?
Yeah I'm guessing that's just because normally it exits out into system settings rather than the homescreen, but yeah it's "normal" (for this app)

Reactions: mvmiranda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-