Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Rockstar said:
Press L
Click the Screen icon on the left
Choose DSi Theme
Press A

Thanks! I just like to have my things look uniformed! Having the XMB as my theme was kinda awkward. On a side note, The words for the DSi theme are a bit garbled. Im not sure if I have the latest version of MenuDo but that's how it is on the copy that I have. I'm not complaining but simply making notes. While I'm at it let me just list a few things

- Words tend to be a bit garbled in some areas. More so in the DSi Theme than on the XMB theme but I have yet to check out the others.

- Moonshell gives a DLDI error (I'm using a AceKard2i on my DSi)

- Sleep mode does not work (at least on a DSi) You get the conformation sounds when you open and close the unit but that's it. There's no blinking LED showing that your unit is sleeping and if you open your system a tiny bit, you can tell that the screens are on. On the plus, auto screen dimming (while the system is not in use) does work.

-When browsing your games, there tends to be "black spots" on the list. In the XMB theme, it's not so bad since the background is mostly black anywho and you can still see the white words. In the DSi theme you get moments of black sections where all you can see are the words for the games but nothing else.

-I cant figure out how to get to AKAIO. If I try to load it through the file browser it does one of two things, a) it gives me a white screen or b) it loads the last game I was trying to play (provided I tried to load a game fairly recently). Now In a way "B" is a really good thing for loading trouble games (kinda like a back door) but I can also see where this can be a pain after a while.

Other Thoughts

This app can honestly bring new life back to the generation 1 DS systems (DS, Lite, i, XL. I consider 3DS as gen 2 since 3DS games come on a totally new beast of a game card and the following iterations will more likely use the 3DS as a base just like how the Lite, i and XL used DS classic as a base). If you couple this app and its wifi features with some good themes (maybe a 3DS theme in the future) and a homebrew browser section (or call it a Homebrew shop for fun), this could really blow up into something amazing. Yes, sure, a lot of us are hyped about the 3DS system but I dont see any reason to kill off a good thing, especially with a breakthrough app like this hitting the scene!
Do you mind if I copy paste that for future reference to features that need added? I'm also not sure what's happening with your AKAIO, The sleep function had not been properly finished, The themes issues are memory problems and those will be a little time consuming to fix. Words Garbled, Again memory issues (The themes are actually pretty memory intensive (Especially my themes)). Uhh as for the MoonShell problem, I have never honestly ran into that problem, MSHL2 worked fine for me when I had been using it.

thakadesign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone knows my answer i asked my question up there...
wink2.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For those who want an all-in-one place for MENUdo, I made a (possibly) temporary website to grab MENUdo and choose your individual themes you want, for customization purposes.

You can check it out here. If there's anything else you want to see added (FAQ, more instructions, etc) then drop me a PM.

whos_next

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yey! I manage to load my back-up games with AKAIO 1.8.5a on MenuDo (instead of going to akaio like before, it now loads the game with akaio's loader)
yaynds.gif

I just edited the last two line in the _menudo\donors\nds.ini

Before:
QUOTE said:
lastLoaded = fat:%s
shortPathNDS = fat:%x

After:
QUOTElastLoaded = fat0:%s
shortPathNDS = fat0:%x

Akaio's autorun must be enabled too.

autorunWithLastRom = 1

Even AAP and Soft-reset works
yaynds.gif

I hope this helps everyone
smile.gif

Thanks SoulAnger and the rest of the team! Menudo is so awesome!
bow.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
whos_next said:
Yey! I manage to load my back-up games with AKAIO 1.8.5a on MenuDo (instead of going to akaio like before, it now loads the game with akaio's loader)
yaynds.gif

Before:
QUOTE said:

After:

autorunWithLastRom = 1

yaynds.gif

smile.gif

bow.gif
...And AKAIO automatically loads the ROM when it switches to it? Interesting... interesting indeed.... I've been trying to get this to work for a week now, and made no progress. If this works as I just mentioned, then you've done me and the rest of the community a huge favor.

ShadowEO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
whos_next said:
yaynds.gif

Before:
QUOTE said:

After:

autorunWithLastRom = 1

yaynds.gif

smile.gif

bow.gif
...And AKAIO automatically loads the ROM when it switches to it? Interesting... interesting indeed.... I've been trying to get this to work for a week now, and made no progress. If this works as I just mentioned, then you've done me and the rest of the community a huge favor.

Thank you, we were trying to figure this out all day lol

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. What is the compatibility with different flash carts with this?

I don't want to try it on my Original R4 for example if most of it isn't going to work. Is this made primarily for the Acekard, or was R4 compatibility included? The bit of information in the first post doesn't really say yes or no in terms of that, so I just want to make sure.

I would just try it really, but I lack a MicroSD card right now.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
I have a question. What is the compatibility with different flash carts with this?

I don't want to try it on my Original R4 for example if most of it isn't going to work. Is this made primarily for the Acekard, or was R4 compatibility included? The bit of information in the first post doesn't really say yes or no in terms of that, so I just want to make sure.

It's compatibility pretty much consists of all things that can autoboot roms (ie. ysmenu, AKAIO)....

whos_next

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
whos_next said:
yaynds.gif

Before:
QUOTE said:

After:

autorunWithLastRom = 1

yaynds.gif

smile.gif

bow.gif

Yes, after hitting the A button, the upper screen turned into bright purple for a second then you'll see a quick glimpse of akaio menu loading the game, I was surprised it worked! If I can I'll try to make a video of it later
biggrin.gif

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Nathan Drake said:

It's compatibility pretty much consists of all things that can autoboot roms (ie. ysmenu, AKAIO)....

I was asking if it would even boot up and work on an Original R4 really. :3

I sort of meant how well it worked with a flash cart, but now I suppose I should ask how it works in general. Does it basically use files from different firmware set ups to boot the game in a specified way without actually having to boot the base firmware such as AKAIO or YSMenu? This has me really curious, and I just heard the name of it very recently (only a little over a year into the DS scene as it stands). I'm not sure exactly what it does.

Anybody with some precise details that aren't super techie like would be great if anybody is willing to really explain it.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:

I sort of meant how well it worked with a flash cart, but now I suppose I should ask how it works in general. Does it basically use files from different firmware set ups to boot the game in a specified way without actually having to boot the base firmware such as AKAIO or YSMenu? This has me really curious, and I just heard the name of it very recently (only a little over a year into the DS scene as it stands). I'm not sure exactly what it does.

Anybody with some precise details that aren't super techie like would be great if anybody is willing to really explain it.
From what I can tell, it uses the autoboot feature from either YSMenu or AKAIO. In either of the two, the regular UI is pretty much skipped and the last game played is loaded on boot (both of these can have the game's filepath recorded in the .ini file, ysmenu.ini or globalsettings.ini). MENUdo looks like it just modifies the ini file to place the game name in and then boot the kernel's nds (ysmenu/akmenu4.nds). IIRC this is a similar method to the way Moonshell2 could load roms as well as the function of inilink from Taiju.

-edit-
btw I've only been here for about a year to a year and a half.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
Nathan Drake said:

From what I can tell, it uses the autoboot feature from either YSMenu or AKAIO. In either of the two, the regular UI is pretty much skipped and the last game played is loaded on boot (both of these can have the game's filepath recorded in the .ini file, ysmenu.ini or globalsettings.ini). MENUdo looks like it just modifies the ini file to place the game name in and then boot the kernel's nds (ysmenu/akmenu4.nds). IIRC this is a similar method to the way Moonshell2 could load roms as well as the function of inilink from Taiju.

-edit-
btw I've only been here for about a year to a year and a half.

This makes it sound as if it is difficult to load different games consistently. The whole concept of MenuDo confuses me without actually using it. I guess I'll try it out some when my MicroSD card shows up.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Got it! I got MENUdo working with the text bug fix applied and AKAIO 1.8.5a eating out of the palm of its hand. Uploading the new version to the MENUdo website. Will provide a link once it's published.

NOTE: This is only for the AceKard lineup of flash cards.

EDIT: It's up. Come and get it!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Evo.lve said:
So, I just put this on the root of my mSD and let it overwrite everything it needs to?
It's best to manually delete your _aio folder, _menudo folder, akaio.nds, and akmenu4.nds and then copy those over from the one you downloaded.
Then yeah, just copy to the root of your SD card and pop it into your AceKard. That should be all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries