Hacking Maxternal's WiiFlow plugins and Java apps.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
OP
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i like the 2nd option, but maybe instead of using a " - " just use nothing. I started renaming some without anything in place of the : and it looks fine to me. i'm only worried about dios mios being able to load it and to identify the game.

where does it put titles.txt? i could always edit that and remove all the : and it should work right?
It doesn't actually save the titles.txt but if you wanted to download it yourself form GameTDB.com and then just tell it to load the file when it asks you for the language, that would work, too.
anyway, I actually just finished the "-" replacing version (still untested) so here's that at least
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n36tqrvrrem167j/GameFolderRenamer+v1.1.zip
It will also now use the name from the disk image if the GameTDB one doesn't work.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make a Netflix plugin?

I know I can go into Homebrew or RealNand and load it, but it would be nice to have a little icon for it right on my Source_Menu.
I can make the graphics for the buttons, just not sure how to make the plugin, or if a plugin is even needed?
Maybe it can be done with just some proper settings in the source_menu.ini file?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Reactions: spacepimp

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made the buttons if anyone can make the plugin or give instructions how to link the Netflix into the Source_Menu.

do0y83.jpg
2d9xmg.jpg
24xfk1w.jpg

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some stuff I've tried:

source_menu.ini

[BUTTON_11]
image=Netflix.png
image_s=Netflix_s.png
source=plugin
magic=6E657466
title=Netflix​

wiiflow/plugins/netflix.ini

[PLUGIN]
magic=6E657466
coverColor=ffffff
dolFile=netflix.dol
bannerSound=THX.ogg
displayname=Netflix
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}​

Copied the boot.dol (renamed to netflix.dol) from bootNetflix homebrew loader into plugins folder... (This didn't seem to work though).

Created the magic plugin # using ascii to hex converter, ASCII = "netf" | Hex = "6E657466"

Apparently I'm still missing something.. Maybe this is where an actual proper .dol file needs to be compiled for this plugin, and that part I am not sure how to do.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I thought I was on the right track to making the Netflix load as a plugin for WiiFlow..
I found a .dol forwarder creator, and made a custom .dol file to boot Netflix,
however that still has not worked for me.

I can not find any information on how to make a .dol file for a custom WiiFlow Plugin.
Can someone please help me with some information on how this is done, or a link to a source with such information for study?

Thank you!

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
So I thought I was on the right track to making the Netflix load as a plugin for WiiFlow..
I found a .dol forwarder creator, and made a custom .dol file to boot Netflix,
however that still has not worked for me.

I can not find any information on how to make a .dol file for a custom WiiFlow Plugin.
Can someone please help me with some information on how this is done, or a link to a source with such information for study?

Thank you!
Digging your work so far sir! :)
Hey! I'm interested in doing the same thing with an optical disc loader - just to be clear you're (we're!) asking for wiiflow to launch a dol here, not launch a coverflow. All the documentation, and your attempts, are about sources launching coverflows of titles rather than directly launching dols. BTW I have tried the same thing too!
Wiiflow has a dol launcher, but it's only accessible via the homebrewflow, akaik. You might want to try a googlecode request, or ask on #wiiflow on abjects irc. The wiiflow main thread might be a bit more forthcoming with help.
I can't honestly recommend you try all this without saying I've tried all those things and been completely ignored, but I'm not the most popular person with some folks & you might well have better luck!

Also, expect someone to reply with "what's the point?", as it's a fair question with the work and change that might be involved. You can,after all, just launch the forwarder from the homebrew channel, or the real nand channel. I like the idea that netflix is conceptually a media "source", and belongs in the source menu. I'd like the optical disc launcher as a "source" because you could then remove the DVD icon from wiiflow's pop-up menu. But, more importantly, think the ability to launch dols directly from the sourceflow/menu is inherently a good idea. I'm sure if it got coded, the community would generate some cool ideas and users would use it.
If you specified a custom path in the source_menu.ini, you could separate games in the homebrewflow from other homebrew (utilities etc.) in the sourceflow/menu.

Anyhoo, nice work, stick with it, good luck!

Reactions: RiCK420

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
I like, but it's be better if you dropped your netflix png into the small_covers folder and enabled the sourceflow - it's via the startup menu(!) in settings.
EDIT: just download abz's latest masterpack ;)

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure exactly what you mean by that. I did see a setting for sourceflow in one of the ini files, but didn't try to enable it.
I do like all my buttons being on just this 1 screen though. I disabled all the other extra plugins that I don't use, and rearranged the ones I do use.
Everything on my menu works except for the Netflix button, which I am still working/tinkering with.

I did believe I had the latest version of the masterpack.. but just in case I don't, do you have a link to the latest version so I may check?
(I did change some icons with some personal custom creations, like the custom NAND one, I didn't like the graphic that said "real nand", it just looked cheesey to me compared to the other ones, so I made my own. I also made all my borders turn a custom blue when selected, which is not shown in the picture, as I couldn't hold the wiimote and select one, while trying to steady the cam to take the picture.)

spacepimp

Pathalogical Fantasist
Trophies
XP
Country
Well , you've pushed me to start a new thread, with a less downer title than "100% useless", but the main thrust of what i'm talking about is in the first post of the "sourceflow" link in my sig.
The sourceflow replaces the source menu with a coverflow.

n.b. the "small covers" art work now looks more like this
hIooZAD.jpg
You'll only see the covers you've enabled in your source menu ini (but you will lose the order you have them in - this may change with a future update).
Have a look for a post by abdallahterro - he's quite prolific :) - in his signature is a link called masterpack or similar. It's always the most up to date version.
You can just drop a copy of your netflix.png into the small_covers folder in the source_menu folder - and the cover will appear in the sourceflow.
p.s. I'd like to see your replacement real nand button - post a pic!

EDIT: Have a look round here for a sourcemenu artwork type thread. I'm not sure what it's called or where to find it, but I'm sure you contributions will be appreciated.

to enable the sourceflow go to settings> start up settings > sourcemenu (or something) > enable sourceflow and small covers.

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Launching Netflix (or YouTube) from source menu is now a reality:

Special thank to Fix94 for updating the WiiFlow to version 4.2.1r1030 to make this possible.

http://fix94.no-ip.org/wf_revs/boot_r1030.7z

source_menu.ini settings:

[BUTTON_X]
image=Netflix.png
image_s=Netflix_s.png
source=realnand
autoboot=HCLE
title=Netflix

[BUTTON_X]
image=YouTube.png
image_s=YouTube_s.png
source=realnand
autoboot=HCXE
title=YouTube

replace X with your button number

Graphics for the Netflix or YouTube source menu that I created:
do0y83.jpg

2d9xmg.jpg

24xfk1w.jpg

2e3d4j6.jpg

1dlrq.jpg

r94ppg.jpg

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Launching Netflix (or YouTube) from source menu is now a reality:

Special thank to Fix94 for updating the WiiFlow to version 4.2.1r1030 to make this possible.

http://fix94.no-ip.org/wf_revs/boot_r1030.7z

source_menu.ini settings:

[BUTTON_X]
image=Netflix.png
image_s=Netflix_s.png
source=realnand
autoboot=HCLE
title=Netflix

[BUTTON_X]
image=YouTube.png
image_s=YouTube_s.png
source=realnand
autoboot=HCXE
title=YouTube

replace X with your button number

Graphics for the Netflix or YouTube source menu that I created:
do0y83.jpg

2d9xmg.jpg

24xfk1w.jpg

2e3d4j6.jpg

1dlrq.jpg

r94ppg.jpg
Is there any difference if we launch this from real nand channels?

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any difference if we launch this from real nand channels?

No, it's just a shortcut to allow you to launch it right from the source menu, for cosmetic effects (or us lazy people who rather click once than twice, like me).
It loads exactly the same. It loads the real channel from your nand.

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you Maxternal for all the PC apps and plugins, especially the DM(L) booter plugin.
The videomode setting in [GENERAL] seems to be ignored. Is that the intended behaviour?
If we want most of the games in PAL60 for ex. and a few in NTSC480i, do we have to write this for all games in the .ini (default pal60)?

Another thing totally unrelated, I tried the quadforce games with Wiiflow/neek2o. As expected, bad sound or wii shutdown.
Off course with Sneek it's pretty good.
The aim is to launch the games through Wiiflow and then sneek. Two limitations, though:

- Rename the bootmii folder automatically. No problem on real nand to make a plugin that checks a folder's name. But once in Sneek, how to achieve that? Priiloader doesn't seem to be a solution...
- Launch the game directly in Sneek without going to DI menu. Perhaps a modified Sneek that loads only the hardcoded ID of the quadforce game?

Since you already made a Neek2o plugin, I'll be interested in your ideas about that...

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
OP
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The neek2o config (and therefore the plugin) has an option to autoboot a GC or Wii game but it hasn't worked for me. Maybe that was fixed in one of the last set of betas (I haven't tested it past r96) but that would be one option.

I also noticed that when PostLoader added the auto-install option the code was all in one so it should be FAIRLY simply to make a WAD manager plugin out of it OR just add the auto-install feature to DM(L) booter (and it's plugin)

Other than that, I also need to get working more on my PriiMIOS idea.

Either way, I'd love to have more time to work on all the ideas and projects I've had. I'll hopefully get to it eventually :/

RiCK420

Contributing Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this is helpful to any of you, but I've never had to use neek2o or Sneek, I just made a backup of my entire NAND and copied that to a partition of my harddrive in a folder called NAND/..

All of my Wii-Ware backup games play fine using this method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1