Massive Update for EZ-Flash V On The Way *Update*

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing I am hoping for is auto save type recognition. Otherwise the EZV is pretty damn close to perfect as it is. I don't care about cheat functions, although it's a nice option to add in. What else does the EZV not do that the R4 does? It's already got localized hybrid mode and speed settings. A touch screen interface would be nice, but that's just icing, so I don't really care too much about that. Compatibility is top-notch already.
This guy (mostly) speaks the truth. People keep saying EZ-V users have been "desperately waiting for an update", but I don't see why. Seriously, there's isn't much more that needed to be added except cheats (some love, some hate, don't use or need it myself but can see why some people want them).

The save list is only a minor irritation, it's only an issue if you're constantly putting the latest titles on your cart. And don't forget that a lot of updates for other carts are savefixes for when auto-recognition doesn't quite cut it. The EZ-V's just put the ability to fix those issues in the hands of the user instead.

Lack of regular updates doesn't mean a cart's unsupported, it just means there's less to fix. Sometimes things just don't need updating, get over it.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually there are still users that have a lot of problems with their FAT getting corrupted when it comes to having saves built dynamically (when the games aren't patched and a .sav file is stored into the FAT by Windows). This is due to either not finishing the writing process to the FAT or corrupting other parts of it. Cory said that it happens a lot more often when the microSD is nearly full for some reason. This in itself it something that should have been fixed a while back because it is a BIG deal to me and many other EZV users. Honestly, I would be happy if they could just finally fix the problems dealing with the corruption of files caused by the .sav system but I have REALLY been looking forward to a cheat engine. So I believe that most of the users' irritations in the lack of updates is because of the ongoing problems with the .sav system and not the lack of additional features (which a few were actually promised by windirt before the EZV even hit the shelves). So you gotta cut the users who are bitching about the updates some slack because although your EZV might be working ok it doesn't mean that other users don't have the right to bitch about a product they bought that still doesn't work properly for them and is constantly losing their saves and corrupting their FAT, causing them to need to format repeatedly. And there are plenty of people who this happens to -- some more than others. I haven't seen nearly as many people having similar problems with the R4/m3, etc. so I know it CAN be resolved but it's just a matter of them taking the time to fix it properly and not just trying to put a bandaid on the problem. I could go on forever on this topic so I'll just stop now.
smile.gif

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah okay I didn't realise that there was a problem, I read forums a lot but I'd completely missed it. In which case yeah, users wanting an update to fix what sounds like a rather critical issue makes sense.

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't looked at how the skins are constructed on the leaked update but it would be sweet if there was dynamic skinning where users could position the buttons where they wanted a la m3 slot 2 carts. I doubt this is the case but I can dream can't I?
rolleyes.gif

Seeker108

Trophies
Website
gamer60.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
Actually there are still users that have a lot of problems with their FAT getting corrupted when it comes to having saves built dynamically (when the games aren't patched and a .sav file is stored into the FAT by Windows). This is due to either not finishing the writing process to the FAT or corrupting other parts of it. Cory said that it happens a lot more often when the microSD is nearly full for some reason. This in itself it something that should have been fixed a while back because it is a BIG deal to me and many other EZV users. Honestly, I would be happy if they could just finally fix the problems dealing with the corruption of files caused by the .sav system but I have REALLY been looking forward to a cheat engine. So I believe that most of the users' irritations in the lack of updates is because of the ongoing problems with the .sav system and not the lack of additional features (which a few were actually promised by windirt before the EZV even hit the shelves). So you gotta cut the users who are bitching about the updates some slack because although your EZV might be working ok it doesn't mean that other users don't have the right to bitch about a product they bought that still doesn't work properly for them and is constantly losing their saves and corrupting their FAT, causing them to need to format repeatedly. And there are plenty of people who this happens to -- some more than others. I haven't seen nearly as many people having similar problems with the R4/m3, etc. so I know it CAN be resolved but it's just a matter of them taking the time to fix it properly and not just trying to put a bandaid on the problem. I could go on forever on this topic so I'll just stop now.
smile.gif

Saves get corrupted frequently? I have had no issues with mine, so far, and i've had it for about 2 months. How long have you had yours? and when exactly did it corrupt?

kaspal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
im a happy user of the EZ5 for about 6 months now, and only had the corrruption problesm when i first bought it... after that (after upgrading to FW 1.37), no problems at all... i change the savelist every month, put some new roms (if any) and thats about it... no problems at all. love this cart... and the iPhone skin its SEXY for me anyway.... cant wait for the new kernel to be released.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Saves get corrupted frequently? I have had no issues with mine, so far, and i've had it for about 2 months. How long have you had yours? and when exactly did it corrupt?

I've had mine since before they were even available for sale. Most of the time the only thing that gets corrupted is .sav files but sometimes the games themselves get corrupted too. Many times you don't even know there is a problem with the .savs unless you run a chkdsk on it or some magically disappear. I must admit it is a lot better than the previous versions of the loader but there still are bugs that need to be fixed with it. I use a Kingston Japan 512M card btw. I would expect lesser cards to have more problems than mine but perhaps that is not the case. If you take a look over at the EZV section of the EZ-Flash USA Forum you will see a few threads dealing with save corruption. While some of this might be user error there are many cases where it's not. I know in my case it's not since I know a crapload about computers (eccentric?).
biggrin.gif
But in any case there are still people having problems even with the most recent loader and I hope to see it resolved with the new loader.

Seeker108

Trophies
Website
gamer60.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

I've had mine since before they were even available for sale. Most of the time the only thing that gets corrupted is .sav files but sometimes the games themselves get corrupted too. Many times you don't even know there is a problem with the .savs unless you run a chkdsk on it or some magically disappear. I must admit it is a lot better than the previous versions of the loader but there still are bugs that need to be fixed with it. I use a Kingston Japan 512M card btw. I would expect lesser cards to have more problems than mine but perhaps that is not the case. If you take a look over at the EZV section of the EZ-Flash USA Forum you will see a few threads dealing with save corruption. While some of this might be user error there are many cases where it's not. I know in my case it's not since I know a crapload about computers (eccentric?).
biggrin.gif
But in any case there are still people having problems even with the most recent loader and I hope to see it resolved with the new loader.

Yes, i usually visit those fourms every now and then. I rarely come across threads that deal with corruption though, and when i do it is usually user error(save list stuff, older firmware etc). Well, i don't doubt you know what you're talking about, but maybe its due to the fact that your card is nearly full, since you only have a 512 card? Or perhaps, the setting you set for your card speed?

Oh well, only time will tell if my card will corrupt i suppose, but at least kaspal's post has eased my worry a bit.

QUOTE(iwakura @ Jul 2 2007, 02:17 AM)The firmware update is being released next week, confirmed by EzFlash Team.

Good to hear. I hope it will be stable by then.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Yes, i usually visit those fourms every now and then. I rarely come across threads that deal with corruption though, and when i do it is usually user error(save list stuff, older firmware etc). Well, i don't doubt you know what you're talking about, but maybe its due to the fact that your card is nearly full, since you only have a 512 card? Or perhaps, the setting you set for your card speed?

I must admit that I have been known to fill up my card for the most part but usually have about 30 megs to spare since I don't like to fill it up to the max and I don't actually play most of the games I put on my media (I just use it to train games) so I delete them frequently before I add new games (which also might interact in an ill way with the EZV). If other slot 1 carts had the same problems with save corruptions then I wouldn't have such a beef about it but AFAIK they don't... not even when they were first released did I hear of any similar problems.

Psyfira

Trophies
XP
Country
Calm down, it's a big update. If they rush it out the door before it's properly finished you'd be a first to complain when it goes wrong. It'll be better to have it when it's ready. (I don't know what "game" Wiikey plays with their customers, but we know it's real because some people have tried the beta test version)

Like they said, Patience Grasshopper
smile.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bad news: the EZTeam have been on holiday apparently and have said something about October for the next official release (with cheat support).

Good news a "public beta" is around, I have however been specifically requested not to distro it on forums/websites though (it is not on my site or the other end of a PM/email either). I also request should you be capable of finding it you do the same.

1.5T? changelog to 1.41
- touchscreen selection, a nicer user interface
- internal soft reset under improved hybrid mode
- save type can now be selected and saved (by touching on the Type: bar)
- 1195 Treasure Gaust – Gaust Diver – Crimson Red fixed.
Known bugs
- text file bug – temporary fix: delete all the bookmrk*.sav
- setting screen bug – Unlike other fields on the setting screen, icon sizes can only be saved when you tap on the x.
- small icon bug – Small icon does not keep the icons small after going into a game, then soft reset. The easiest way to keep it small: select small icon, tap x, shut off ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy