Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

Massive Update for EZ-Flash V On The Way

New loader on the horizon

ez150.jpg

The EZ Team are working on a massive overhaul to the EZ-Flash V loader. The design of the new loader has completely changed from the standard moonshell look to a design that more reflects the EZ-Flash IV.

Judging from the preliminary screenshots of the new design it looks like they will be adding cheat functionality as there is now a button to select 'cheats'. Not only that but there is now a button to adjust the DS's brightness setting and an information box to tell you if the selected game supports rumble or not. The time will also be displayed on the screen.

The EZ Team previously mentioned that they were working on integrating soft reset straight into the kernel like the R4DS/M3 Simply currently does; rather than having to patch soft reset into the ROM with a separate application. This feature may very well appear in the next update. Hybrid mode has already been added to the current kernel to allow slow Micro SD cards to play games at full speed with no slowdowns or lockups, a feature other flash cards currently lack.

No word on when the update will be released, it has been over a month since the last EZV update.

c10.gif
Update: One of the testers has leaked the kernel update and new shell. The version is 1.5T6 (presumably v1.5 Test 6). We offer a word of warning about using the leaked kernel. It is unofficial, in testing and contains bugs. The EZ Team have not released this kernel and as such hold no responsibility for any damage that may occur. For the adventurous please backup all data on your Micro SD and format it before any attempt to use the leak.

The leak comes with the iPhone skin and if nothing else it is useful for creating skins before the official update is released. Check out the source of this news post for the download link further on in the thread.

c10.gif
Update #2: Added some pictures of the loader in action and listed some of the new features.

icon11.gif
Exclusive Pics & Info

icon11.gif
Source

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks nice
smile.gif
Hopefully they can add a touch screen file browser too.

If they throw in some more features like the cheat support, soft-reset that doesn't require pre-patching and some more then the EZ-V could shape up very nicely.

It's always good to see developers supporting their flash kits.

gloop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heh hel looks good... happy EZV owner here! The thing I want most right now is the option to 100% emulate a game, like the EZV expansion pack, so you can communicate with the Wii (PBR etc.).

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
What the ?!

Did anyone else notice the Cingular text and the image of a Mobile (cell) network signal strength meter.

Aah, don't worry, worked it out, they've ripped off the iPhone pictures. Nicely done
smile.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
It looks like it'll be a great update. Finally some touch screen control. It looks like the up/down button to select games and files will be easy to press with a thumb.

APPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, i'm trying to think what slot 1 card to get and theyre all getting really good. Looks like the EZ5 might be my best choice as soon as the white 3in1 expansion comes out...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I just hope the add auto save recognition
tongue.gif

I really hate the way the manage there save database, get rid of it!
If you still keep the database, then i DO hope it adds the save type of newer games once you set it mannually.

Now you have to set it every time agian when you play the same game, untill you download a newer unofficial database.
that has the last games listed (hopefully)

d33t

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Where? i havent seen it. Do you know a sit that can deliver it to the UK?
DealExtreme has it, and they even lowered the price by $0.50 recently.
GameYeeeah has it for a little more.
I don't think you looked very hard
wink.gif

It's so awesome to see all the different companies supporting their cards. I wonder how much of this was inspired by the Evo and recent R4 plans...... once again, competition is good
smile.gif

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish R4 would do something like that... They once (or still do, i dunno) had/have a vista skin for moonshell which PWNs, but an iPhone skin looks better on a mobile device...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Initial reaction when loading the homepage: "Wtf is that?!". It's so different. But different is good
smile.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I am hoping for is auto save type recognition. Otherwise the EZV is pretty damn close to perfect as it is. I don't care about cheat functions, although it's a nice option to add in. What else does the EZV not do that the R4 does? It's already got localized hybrid mode and speed settings. A touch screen interface would be nice, but that's just icing, so I don't really care too much about that. Compatibility is top-notch already.

I do not regret my EZV purchase, especially now. The save type issue was always my only complaint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi