Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this may not be modding. I thought some people might appreciate a little Mario Kart 8 glitching fun :). I'm creating a new series on youtube for it, at least for now, until the PPC kernel exploit is released :P.

This is supposed to be in a playlist, but the forum is stripping that aspect out lol

This one's painstaking to watch. This is me attempting to pull the glitch off. Its mostly 20 mins of cursing and growling at the game for not doing what I want it to XD. You can just skip to the last few mins to see me pull it off if you want :P.

Reactions: ALPHAMARIOX

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
While this may not be modding. I thought some people might appreciate a little Mario Kart 8 glitching fun :). I'm creating a new series on youtube for it, at least for now, until the PPC kernel exploit is released :P.

This is supposed to be in a playlist, but the forum is stripping that aspect out lol

This one's painstaking to watch. This is me attempting to pull the glitch off. Its mostly 20 mins of cursing and growling at the game for not doing what I want it to XD. You can just skip to the last few mins to see me pull it off if you want :P.

I just saw that on the Mario Wiki page. It took a while longer to find than MK7's first glitch. That's for sure.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chadderz, does your Kernel exploit work with 5.1.0 ?

No actually; this was a genuine blind port. As everybody knows, the browser exploit still fundamentally worked on 5.0.0, it's just that it relies on us knowing the addresses of many useful methods. I made the assumption that the layout of methods would not be much different near the start of the RAM, and was quickly able to find the exit method, which caused the browser to quit when I ran it. I was able to use this to test ideas, for example branching to a method, then exit and seeing if the Wii U crashed, locked up or exited. After many hundreds of attempts over about 3 days I was able to find enough methods to transmit the RAM over the network, which then allowed us to find all the necessary addresses and port the exploit.
I actually haven't tested my kernel exploit yet, much less ported it. I'll do that over the coming days, but I don't anticipate it being patched based on what I've seen, and porting it should be very straightforward.

Source:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-discussion.367489/page-24#post-5060068

loco365

Trophies
XP

I'm mostly looking forward to being able to dump the memory of the system so I can work on creating a Wii U Audio Dumper similar to what I did for the 3DS.

If Chadderz would be willing to help, I'd be super happy lol.

youreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Man, this is another excellent step!
I'm perusing the forum for a week or so now and i find it amazing how you guys are going ahead, and step by step achieve more and more "victories".
Now, one question, that should maybe be aked somewhere else :

Is there a way for a code-noob such as me to help? (assuming i could launch the Browser Exploit, which shouldn't be such a big deal?)

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this is another excellent step!
I'm perusing the forum for a week or so now and i find it amazing how you guys are going ahead, and step by step achieve more and more "victories".
Now, one question, that should maybe be aked somewhere else :

Is there a way for a code-noob such as me to help? (assuming i could launch the Browser Exploit, which shouldn't be such a big deal?)

I'm more of a hardware guy myself, a bit noobish when it comes to coding, but I'm helping as much as I can with this :P. If you're able to set up and maintain a webserver, you could set up the exploit and host it, so we have yet another mirror :P.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I can program in ASM its just the higher level languages I'm a noob with. I'm also very good with linux, hence why I'm helping out with the Trinux project :) :P

youreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well i didn't think of that this way. It also implies my wiiU to get back online, which i prevented turning off its internet settings, as hack possibilities were stuck to 4.0.
It then implies forbiding a couple IP adresses to prevent further updates.
As for this all, ok.
Now, would you be nice enough (if it s not too long) to explain me how being a mirror (quite an unclear term for me) could be useful ? Would it let advised guys run (risky?) tests on my wiiu?

TeamScriptKiddies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i didn't think of that this way. It also implies my wiiU to get back online, which i prevented turning off its internet settings, as hack possibilities were stuck to 4.0.
It then implies forbiding a couple IP adresses to prevent further updates.
As for this all, ok.
Now, would you be nice enough (if it s not too long) to explain me how being a mirror (quite an unclear term for me) could be useful ? Would it let advised guys run (risky?) tests on my wiiu?

It would actually run entirely on your PC actually. I can't get into details right now, as I'm on my way out the door to go to work for the day but if anyone else could chime in, it would be much appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone