ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This is absolute madness! Remember in my observations I'd said that the 3rd observation showed there was a problem. Well I re-built the RomFS using RomFS builder and that was fine. But still on the 3DS nothing changed. Crazy!!!!

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Found the culprit! It's the Build_CTGP-7.bat itself. It did not copy the edited common-ee.szs to the tempdata\romfs\UI folder!
There's no error in the bat. The whole folder is copied, not file by file :/

---------------------------------------------------

Thanks to @Nanquitas help:
0.9.10 is out (ntr method only):
  • Fixed 11.2 O3DS crashing while booting ntr.
  • Fixed bugs related to ntr loading.

Last edited by PabloMK7,

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can't help you with that, IDK what's happening to you :(
Make sure your 3ds is set to English
I have a sort of analogy of the problem which MIGHT be correct:
First of I got this from icon changing in Windows 10. You see after changing icons on Windows 10, they won't show the changes instantly. You will need to rebuild the icon cache. Then on reboot, the icons will have changed. In a similar way, MK7 might have sort of a cache, for different purposes, including MSBTs. So till the time I have old cache, nothing will change.

Again, just a possibility. Not sure whether that's true. But that seems to fit the situation really good.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a sort of analogy of the problem which MIGHT be correct:
First of I got this from icon changing in Windows 10. You see after changing icons on Windows 10, they won't show the changes instantly. You will need to rebuild the icon cache. Then on reboot, the icons will have changed. In a similar way, MK7 might have sort of a cache, for different purposes, including MSBTs. So till the time I have old cache, nothing will change.

Again, just a possibility. Not sure whether that's true. But that seems to fit the situation really good.
There is no "msbt cache". :P

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There is no "msbt cache". :P
I know. But still, something that would actually explain why nothing changed. But hey, I ain't gonna give up. I'm gonna wait. My PC will be back by the next week from repair. So if the PC was the problem it could be resolved, you see.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey! That reminds me of something. Windows 7 is the PC I tried with. MS says it's outdated. The Win 7 SP1 is not. I think the tools might not be working on a outdated OS, just like ctrtool. So maybe, what MSBT Editor is showing might really not be true... The tools did half of the work or something and that's exactly why it isn't working. But then again, how did my previous MSBT edit, done using the same PC which runs an outdated OS, actually work?

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Currently re-trying. And this time, I edited all common-xx.szs files (excluding common-jp.szs). Building using RomFS Builder. I'm just hoping it works this time.:O

PABLO!!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT! IT WORKED! YES!!!! IT WORKED!!!! HECK YES!!!!

Reactions: PabloMK7

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a Q. Does the BCSTM Size matter in MK7 matter like MKWii? I remember that the BRSAR had to be patched to allow larger BRSTMs. Same for MK7? I'm asking because in one of my BCSTM hacks for Mario Circuit didn't play at all.

Last edited by Gaming796,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I just updated it, but now I get an error about the firmware.
Skip NTR booting and continue updating.

I have a Q. Does the BCSTM Size matter in MK7 matter like MKWii? I remember that the BRSAR had to be patched to allow larger BRSTMs. Same for MK7? I'm asking because in one of my BCSTM hacks for Mario Circuit didn't play at all.
Never had any issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it