ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I believe you lol, the only thing I want is more info, like 3ds model, cfw/hans, character, etc
When v1.0 is out, I think all 32 Tracks might be replaced. Also, the bottom Map and Mini Map might be fixed. If all that is done, will you PLEASE remove BAYSIDE BOULEVARD? I honestly hate it. It's a pain in the ass to just drive 3 Laps without hitting cars or bumping into walls or going off-road on sharp turns!!!

Last edited by Gaming796,

Pokemon9007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I love this hack it's so much fun, but I would like to give a suggestion. The cheese mouse level or whatever it's called has a jump that's impossible without a mushroom, and CPUs get stuck there in an endless loop. This bug just lets you win the game and I thought that you would like to know this if you want to fix it. I really appreciate you making this by the way, I know how long this stuff takes!

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! I love this hack it's so much fun, but I would like to give a suggestion. The cheese mouse level or whatever it's called has a jump that's impossible without a mushroom, and CPUs get stuck there in an endless loop. This bug just lets you win the game and I thought that you would like to know this if you want to fix it. I really appreciate you making this by the way, I know how long this stuff takes!
Hopefully @Stewie1.0 will be able to fix it.

StarLight42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the peach beach, and although it's kind of a shitty CT by today's standards, it still bugs me that i'm never mentioned as a "custom track creator" in the credits on these CTGP 7 threads. :L

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to hide it. It's bad. It could use an update, but I just have no motivation to hack MK7 anymore :S Sorry
You know, in the beginning, when I was in v0.8 of CTGP-7, the track use to lag on the start line. That use to be my only problem. But now it seems fixed. It IS a nice port. Similar to the Wii. Good job.

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, SNES Ghost Valley 3 has THE WORST GLITCH OF ALL TIME! There's a part before the last 2 turns or something where CPUs endlessly drive and fall of? Any ideas when this can be fixed?
SNES Ghost Valley 2 not 3 lol. And yes I know about it, I'm just too lazy to fix it xD. And lately I dont have the time. For any hacks really

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
When v1.0 is out, I think all 32 Tracks might be replaced. Also, the bottom Map and Mini Map might be fixed. If all that is done, will you PLEASE remove BAYSIDE BOULEVARD? I honestly hate it. It's a pain in the ass to just drive 3 Laps without hitting cars or bumping into walls or going off-road on sharp turns!!!

Can you provide me your 3ds Model?
method to load custom track?

Cause Banshee Boardwalk 2 that I made has been tested for HOURS on my OLD 3DS using NTR CFW.
I had no lag without any custom vehicle.
If it lags with custom vehicle/char or anything unrelated to the CT itself I might be unable to help.

Maybe it could be related to the slot it's been installed.
At base it use "MarineRoad" slot if I'm correct.
Feel free to provide more details I will try to assist as much as I can :)

Gaming796

Gaming since 4
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Can you provide me your 3ds Model?
method to load custom track?

Cause Banshee Boardwalk 2 that I made has been tested for HOURS on my OLD 3DS using NTR CFW.
I had no lag without any custom vehicle.
If it lags with custom vehicle/char or anything unrelated to the CT itself I might be unable to help.

Maybe it could be related to the slot it's been installed.
At base it use "MarineRoad" slot if I'm correct.
Feel free to provide more details I will try to assist as much as I can :)
Full detail:
I use HANS on a 11.0 New 3DS XL (USA) to run CTGP-7. I'll provide you a Mega (Mega.nz) link to you later which has my model. And the course works fine on Time Trials. In GP, when you have around 3-4 CPUs close to you, the track Lags sooo much. And at the start line, with 7 CPUs, is a complete mess. And BTW, Banshee Boardwalk replaces Piranha Plant Slide, which is Underground, not Marine Road. Marine Road is Cheep Cheep Lagoon, which is replaced by GBA Cheese Land.

I use Gold Mario, B-Dasher, Blue Monster, Flower Glider. Using the same combination, there was no lag in any of the other CTs.

Hope that was good enough info for you to work on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

One thing I've gotta admit is, besides the lag, the music is just so Cool and the track feels like MK8 Anti-Gravity in some sections. I would like to see more of that. Great job man, way to go!

Last edited by Gaming796,
Reactions: Baoulettes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D