ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had 0.62 on my 3ds so i decided to update it by download the files from the website.
Installed the cia again. And launched NTR CFW, and CTGP after..
Now it's not starting and giving this message:

ctgp 7 error string ? 68 script doesn't exist

What can I do to fix it?

EDIT:
My error log:
Error, program id mismatch. Wrong key?
Error, ExeFS section 0 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 1 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 2 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 3 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 4 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 5 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 6 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 7 size invalid

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is the newest update bugged? Whenever i load the installed cia it says downloading 7.2 but it just crashes to homemenu after.

I couold only update to 0.7.2 people that were using 0.7.1 (That's because the server migrated, so the updater was broken and I had to do some "tricky" stuff.)
Download the pack again and generate the files. (Since you already have the cxi, it shouldn't take long. (Make sure you delete CTGP-7 folder on SD card before copying new data).

I had 0.62 on my 3ds so i decided to update it by download the files from the website.
Installed the cia again. And launched NTR CFW, and CTGP after..
Now it's not starting and giving this message:

ctgp 7 error string ? 68 script doesn't exist

What can I do to fix it?

EDIT:
My error log:
Error, program id mismatch. Wrong key?
Error, ExeFS section 0 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 1 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 2 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 3 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 4 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 5 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 6 size invalid
Error, ExeFS section 7 size invalid
1st. : Make sure you delete CTGP-7 folder on SD card before copying new data.
2nd. : Your dump is probably corrupted, dump your game again.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I couold only update to 0.7.2 people that were using 0.7.1 (That's because the server migrated, so the updater was broken and I had to do some "tricky" stuff.)
Download the pack again and generate the files. (Since you already have the cxi, it shouldn't take long. (Make sure you delete CTGP-7 folder on SD card before copying new data).

1st. : Make sure you delete CTGP-7 folder on SD card before copying new data.
2nd. : Your dump is probably corrupted, dump your game again.

Tried delete CTGP-7 folder and replace files + 0.72 update. I start NTR CFW i start CTGP-7 manager without re-installing cia. it says updating, i get returned to home menu. I run CTGP again, says loading, And same error....

Also when i use the build.bat file shouldnt files be created in the plugin folder? the folder is created but there are no files in it...

Hmm if I run my mariokart dump from the gatewaymenu. It says CTGP-7.. though not sure what version it is. I thought i needed to run the game via the icon, not via mariokart dump itself? If I run it like this, CTGP runs like sunshine, so i don't think it's my gamedump?

EDIT:
Also your startpost talks about a cxi file. I remember doing something like this before. but i forgot.
The 0.70 builder doesnt ask for a cxi file.. it only asks for a .3ds. cia file of my game..

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well I tried it and welll.. I don't liked much ... some tracks are so broken that even the CPU canT drive without fallling lol
I liked more the remake ones, the custom wherestrange/ unplayable liek Miku's Birthday Speculator :x the theme was funny but I fall everytime lol maybe when it get a map helps xD

I know this is not and easy thing to do and was a good work in general

Reactions: akira123

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Tried delete CTGP-7 folder and replace files + 0.72 update. I start NTR CFW i start CTGP-7 manager without re-installing cia. it says updating, i get returned to home menu. I run CTGP again, says loading, And same error....

Also when i use the build.bat file shouldnt files be created in the plugin folder? the folder is created but there are no files in it...

Hmm if I run my mariokart dump from the gatewaymenu. It says CTGP-7.. though not sure what version it is. I thought i needed to run the game via the icon, not via mariokart dump itself? If I run it like this, CTGP runs like sunshine, so i don't think it's my gamedump?

EDIT:
Also your startpost talks about a cxi file. I remember doing something like this before. but i forgot.
The 0.70 builder doesnt ask for a cxi file.. it only asks for a .3ds. cia file of my game..
Are you following the OP tutorial step by step? I guess you are downloading 0.7.2update.zip from dshack.org. Don't do that, just do what the tutorial says.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you following the OP tutorial step by step? I guess you are downloading 0.7.2update.zip from dshack.org. Don't do that, just do what the tutorial says.
I am unsure if i need to redo the CXI step with braindump etc. i did it with previous version so i shouldnt have to do it now?

I recopied the files from CTGP.zip created. without the zip of 0.72. now the cTGP manager boots. though it says 0.72 (0_0 dunno how i didnt include the 0.72 zip file...)
Game works now though..
I read 200CC should be possible? but i only see 50,100 and 150cc.

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't appear ingame, it is like a cheat code. Go to the manager -> Options -> Ingame options ->Y to enable 200cc. Once MK7 is launched, press X+Y at same time -> Game plugin -> 200cc
I forgot about this bug in CTGP-7, but in one of the maps called, "SNES Ghost Valley 2" all the AI's go to the 2nd hole in the mansion and fall repeatedly. They don't even race, they just want to fall into it. Also sometimes my games bottom screen gets cloned to the top screen and moved to the right while on the left side is a frozen image when the bug occures. I can't see where to go because the map is not the same as the custom track (it only occurs %50 of the time on the map called, "SNES Mario Circuit 1"), the bug fixes itself when I select next map or quit to the menu (I think it also fixes itself when I select watch replay).

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still get the target title not found error following the OP instructions. I am using HANS on *hax 2.7. I get no errors in errorlog.txt. I have 308 in my dumped cxi so I selected 2 in the options (usa) and as I am on 9.9.0-26U firmware, I said no to the install nonlegit cia's. I have my ctgp-7.romfs in the hans directory at the root of my SD Card and the ctgp-7.smdh inside the 3ds directory, and the ctgp-7.xml there as well. I also have ctgp-7.txt inside the 3ds/hans/titles directory.

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot about this bug in CTGP-7, but in one of the maps called, "SNES Ghost Valley 2" all the AI's go to the 2nd hole in the mansion and fall repeatedly. They don't even race, they just want to fall into it. Also sometimes my games bottom screen gets cloned to the top screen and moved to the right while on the left side is a frozen image when the bug occures. I can't see where to go because the map is not the same as the custom track (it only occurs %50 of the time on the map called, "SNES Mario Circuit 1"), the bug fixes itself when I select next map or quit to the menu (I think it also fixes itself when I select watch replay).
Those bugs have been around for a while. SNES Ghost Valley 2 I'm just too lazy to fix, and SNES Mario Circuit 1, that's a KCL Generator bug with EFE

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I still get the target title not found error following the OP instructions. I am using HANS on *hax 2.7. I get no errors in errorlog.txt. I have 308 in my dumped cxi so I selected 2 in the options (usa) and as I am on 9.9.0-26U firmware, I said no to the install nonlegit cia's. I have my ctgp-7.romfs in the hans directory at the root of my SD Card and the ctgp-7.smdh inside the 3ds directory, and the ctgp-7.xml there as well. I also have ctgp-7.txt inside the 3ds/hans/titles directory.
You need to insert the gamecard before launching the homebrew launcher, (make sure it shows in home menu). Also, make sure you are using most recent version of homebrew launcher.

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to insert the gamecard before launching the homebrew launcher, (make sure it shows in home menu). Also, make sure you are using most recent version of homebrew launcher.

Thanks, it worked. on CT Canyon, on download play with two people, The course said that one of us was in 1st place and the other was in 8th the entire time. It would claim I was in 1st and the other person in 8th and vis versa. I started the match on my 2DS, the other person has a new 3ds, both of ours are USA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a