Hacking Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story Working on R4

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veristical Blaze said:
How do you get cheats at moonshell 2 and mario doesn't work for my R4 i did your guide..
You can't use cheats with moonshell you have to use ysmenu to use cheats. Easiest way to get to ysmenu through moonshell is to create a fake nds file by creating a txt file in notepad and renaming it to "YSMenu.nds" and stick it on the root of the memory card. And i can't get M&L to run either its sticks on the save file select screen like before.

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide except downloading ysmenu and ysauto because i had them already and it didn't work then i downloaded the new unofficial DSTT kernel and rebuilt ysmenu and it worked. So im guessing my problem is that you already had ysauto with the new kernel intergrated and because i didn't download yours i didn't. But it works now yeah!
smile.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
The link to YSauto with the new dstt kernel is dead... can someone upload it again please
frown.gif
I tried to just replace the old kernel in the R4YSauto folder but it didn't work.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I tried again with the r4ysauto you uploaded, but it doesn't work
frown.gif
I still get a black screen whenever I try to start a new game. I'd get the real game but honestly, here in colombia it costs like $70 (no I'm not kidding it's $150.000 COP because of importing taxes and stuff)

Anyway, I tried OrangeChicken's method, would it make any difference if I used Moonshell2 to boot the game instead?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
11.) Copy the YSMenu package you downloaded into the "r4ysauto" directory. - Rename YSMenu0903211700 to YSMenu0903270000

Or you could download YSMenu0903270000. It is, after all, the latest version.

The download link stopped working because I deleted it to replace it with a newer version. Here - http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e2mfndlinzw

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dare143 said:
WarioN64 said:
14.) Run r4.bat. This will produce "R4_custom_English.zip".

it wont create a zip file and says it cant create the Ymenu.
got any tip for this?
thanks

Trying running r4config.bat first, select all your settings, then run r4.bat. Also, make sure you have the right version of YSMenu.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
After R4_custom_English is created it says I need the official firmware on my flashcard. Does it mean I need the original and latest R4 official firmaware or I just need to copy the contents of the .rar file into my MicroSD?

Btw, what do I need to DLDI-patch YSMenu.nds? I downloaded the R4's DLDI from the link you provided.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: