Marcan Clarifies

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And I suppose you hack the wii u everyday for breakfast right?
I was merely summarizing those sentiments voiced in the thread that Guild missed while skimming, that doesn't mean I agree with them. Does the word "sarcasm" mean anything to you?

Yes. And twice on weekends. What's it to you?

Reactions: Rydian

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think marcan really gives a shit what members of gbatemp have to say.

Reactions: Hielkenator

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's amazing to me that after 11 pages, no one has mentioned the fact that marcan was specifically named in the SCEA v. Hotz lawsuit. Yes, I read where he was noted around page 3 or 4 with regards to the PS3 27c3 findings; but no one has ever addressed the cold hard fact that Hector Martín was (and probably still is) under constant scrutiny by the big 3 vg console makers; a scrutiny that he probably holds both as a badge of honour and a constant warning .

Where is your heart, GBATemp? Were you seriously skimming the irc logs looking for a link to a .rar file on how to jailbreak your WiiU? Did you ever once consider that marcan's IRL took a precedence over our monumental needs that he considers otherwise mundane?

If marcan says he hacked the WiiU, I believe him. If he wants the feather in his cap for being the first to do so, I will acknowledge that as well. I don't require a "Hello_World" or a timestamped pic with a sticky noted cell phone pic. His words are sufficient and his credibility is substantiated by his overwhelming presence in this and other forums.

The last I heard, the SCEA v. Hotz lawsuit was settled out of court. There was speculation about the other parties named with regards to litigation (sven, grafchokolo, marcan, waninkoko, et al.) I don't know what agreement these people ever came to, and I doubt that it will ever become public knowledge. What I DO know is that there are still advancements in the homebrew scene at the same steadfast rate as previous consoles. If the advancement seems slow, perhaps your internet connection is too fast; or maybe (just maybe,) we need to reinvest a little more time into the homebrew development scene that encouraged the breakthroughs that begat it.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was merely summarizing those sentiments voiced in the thread that Guild missed while skimming, that doesn't mean I agree with them. Does the word "sarcasm" mean anything to you?

Yes. And twice on weekends. What's it to you?
Killer rabbit and "The black knight" scenes were funnier than "Knights who say ni" but still funny to see that under your picture. You have some goods to disclose? You one of the 31? Maybe somebody who just missed the cut...like 32, or 35 but good enough to be #16? JOKING, hard to pick up if people were joking or you have skills. I don't know everyone in this scene like I do within Android stuff (know OF them, lol).

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
what a asswipe, i miss the golden hacking days of the xbox 1, ps2, ps1 e.t.c its such a shame that the scene has turned into this embarrassing mess, devs like this is the reason it took so long for the ps3 to be hacked, i laugh when people say the ps4 will be hacked, no it won't especially with dumb devs like this anyway, good thing i won't be buying any ps4 or net xbox then.

steam will overtake consoles is this guy serious? have you heard of exclusives smart guy? you know exclusives that nintendo and sony make? I'm sure you will be able to buy that on steam..... dumbass.

The fuck?PS4 is never going to get hacked?It can get hacked.Let me guess,you're just butt hurt because the Wii U is SHIT compared to PS4 PC and 720.You're probably just some fat ass Nintendo fanboy who doesn't play anything outside of shovelware and first party titles.

You never fail to leave shit on your posts.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fuck?PS4 is never going to get hacked?It can get hacked.Let me guess,you're just butt hurt because the Wii U is SHIT compared to PS4 PC and 720.You're probably just some fat ass Nintendo fanboy who doesn't play anything outside of shovelware and first party titles.

He can't help being a troll I guess. Must be a paid career.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

That's all about opinions, specs wise it might be much crappier than the others, but alas, the Wii U has been released whereas the others haven't, so you can't actually say that the Wii U is shit in comparison.
The Wii U was crap graphics wise and still sold what it sold.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting tidbit he just posted

"Update:

To clarify, this only yields access to the extra cores, not the extra RAM and the rest of the hardware. For that, you’ll need a Wii U mode exploit. We do have such an exploit, but right now I believe that, if it were released, there wouldn’t be enough developer interest to kickstart a healthy homebrew ecosystem; if e.g. a Linux port to vWii-mode Espresso is developed, I will gladly stand corrected (and such a Linux port would be directly applicable to Wii U mode, modulo a few minor memory mapping differences, so it’s not wasted effort)."

RedCoreZero

Creativity is Power
Banned
Trophies
Website
Google.com
XP
Country
United States
That's all about opinions, specs wise it might be much crappier than the others, but alas, the Wii U has been released whereas the others haven't, so you can't actually say that the Wii U is shit in comparison.
The Wii U was crap graphics wise and still sold what it sold.

I sold well, because it's Nintendo and their software.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting tidbit he just posted

"Update:

To clarify, this only yields access to the extra cores, not the extra RAM and the rest of the hardware. For that, you’ll need a Wii U mode exploit. We do have such an exploit, but right now I believe that, if it were released, there wouldn’t be enough developer interest to kickstart a healthy homebrew ecosystem; if e.g. a Linux port to vWii-mode Espresso is developed, I will gladly stand corrected (and such a Linux port would be directly applicable to Wii U mode, modulo a few minor memory mapping differences, so it’s not wasted effort)."
Yes, AND that was his starting point so clever ones, others with skills, COULD in theory use that hole to go further into the system.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, AND that was his starting point so clever ones, others with skills, COULD in theory use that hole to go further into the system.

Okay, now the tricky part, waiting for those willing to port Linux to step up and reveal themselves. Linux is a very stable OS and given the right knowledge, a lot can be done with it.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, now the tricky part, waiting for those willing to port Linux to step up and reveal themselves. Linux is a very stable OS and given the right knowledge, a lot can be done with it.
Saw ramblings about linux being discussed. Was there not linux for Wii? I did not pay attention to it as HCB usually let me get anything I wanted/needed. Forgot what that was called. Yeah, the entry for it is there, so this could get interesting, lol. It makes sense, the more I think of it. Marcan gave a START for it all, then whatever people do from there is up to them, lol. Fair, makes a lot of sense actually.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw ramblings about linux being discussed. Was there not linux for Wii? I did not pay attention to it as HCB usually let me get anything I wanted/needed. Forgot what that was called. Yeah, the entry for it is there, so this could get interesting, lol. It makes sense, the more I think of it. Marcan gave a START for it all, then whatever people do from there is up to them, lol. Fair, makes a lot of sense actually.

And this whole time, many were blind (myself included) to the whole thing, the answer was so obvious and yet, it was obscured. Linux does make sense, and since the drivers don't have to be rewritten, that would make it even more appealing.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this whole time, many were blind (myself included) to the whole thing, the answer was so obvious and yet, it was obscured. Linux does make sense, and since the drivers don't have to be rewritten, that would make it even more appealing.
Yes, linux over vWii, which is exactly what I was told before, lmfao. LONGGGG time ago now. As I said, there was some linux stuff I saw mentioned with the Wii.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, linux over vWii, which is exactly what I was told before, lmfao. LONGGGG time ago now. As I said, there was some linux stuff I saw mentioned with the Wii.

Another nice thing about Linux is that isn't very resource-intensive at all, seeing as it ran on the Wii and Gamecube (which only has 64 MB and 40 MB of total system RAM respectively), it can be done for sure. I need to learn how to program, I guess now is good as time as any. :lol:

Regardless, Marcan and his team need all the support they can get.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at it wrong. F
Another nice thing about Linux is that isn't very resource-intensive at all, seeing as it ran on the Wii and Gamecube (which only has 64 MB and 40 MB of total system RAM respectively), it can be done for sure. I need to learn how to program, I guess now is good as time as any. :lol:

Regardless, Marcan and his team need all the support they can get.
Yeah, here it is: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii-Linux

In looking at this, since vWii basically has a lot of the same stuff, I IMAGINE tweaking this may be an option. I am ignorant but I try. I would imagine using this is what people are going to try. In fact, since it can launch in HBC, trying in on vWii does? Then they mention another entry point that allows for full hardware access (on Wii). I would imagine, using what Marcan gave will basically allow that type of entry. Guessing here, so laugh and correct me if I am wrong.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DevkitPPC

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Libogc

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at it wrong. F

Yeah, here it is: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii-Linux

In looking at this, since vWii basically has a lot of the same stuff, I IMAGINE tweaking this may be an option. I am ignorant but I try. I would imagine using this is what people are going to try. In fact, since it can launch in HBC, trying in on vWii does? Then they mention another entry point that allows for full hardware access (on Wii). I would imagine, using what Marcan gave will basically allow that type of entry. Guessing here, so laugh and correct me if I am wrong.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/DevkitPPC

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Libogc

I have nothing to correct, so we have some leads right there it seems, or what appears to be the very beginnings of Wii U homebrew, which I have no doubts will take off. I don't know what's going on, but I've a feeling something big is brewing....if you know what I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.