glockwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello everyone!

I recently tried using the flashcard 'R4-SDHC Upgrade Revolution (for NDSL/NDS)' on my New 2DS XL (version 11.6.0-39E, pure, it's not hacked).
The game cartridge shows up in the menu (Bomberman), but when I start it a black screen with an error shows up: 'An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off etc etc'.
This flashcart works on my:
- DS Lite
- Old 3DS (version 11.0.0-33E, with arm9loaderhax).

This is the flashcard I used (see in attached picture).
The software installed in the flashcard is the official one from their website: R4-SDHC kernel, V1.84B [Update Date: 2016-09-21]

Question: Is there any way to make this flashcard work on my New 2DS XL?

I've been searching for quite a few days and can't seem to find a clear answer to this problem, that's why I tried to put as much info as possible about the console's/flashcard's current state.
Hope you can help me out :(
Thanks a lot in advance!

Attachments

• r4-sdhc.jpg
    r4-sdhc.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 628

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess if I hack the console it could work, but ¿is there any way to make it work without hacking the console?
I'm really enjoying the online features and don't want to get banned :(
You don't get banned right away, they just ban consoles when they feel like it also you can always unban yourself,
i havent heard about any other way of using an old r4 without hacking your console. If you dont want to hack your 3ds its up to you
i hope you find the answer you're looking for

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I guess if I hack the console it could work, but ¿is there any way to make it work without hacking the console?
I'm really enjoying the online features and don't want to get banned :(
The card isn't advertised as compatible with 3ds so it most probably isn't gonna work.
The chances of getting banned are very slim if you take the precautionary steps in the guide (I've got 3 hacked 3ds' for over a year and none of them have been banned)
Even if you got banned you can quite easily unban yourself.

glockwizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You don't get banned right away, they just ban consoles when they feel like it also you can always unban yourself,
i havent heard about any other way of using an old r4 without hacking your console. If you dont want to hack your 3ds its up to you
i hope you find the answer you're looking for

The card isn't advertised as compatible with 3ds so it most probably isn't gonna work.
The chances of getting banned are very slim if you take the precautionary steps in the guide (I've got 3 hacked 3ds' for over a year and none of them have been banned)
Even if you got banned you can quite easily unban yourself.

I understand... But still, I don't want to risk it, I don't think I will hack this console until online is basically dead...
So in that case: is there any reputable flashcard that runs DS games on the New 2DS XL (version 11.6.0-39E) that can still be playable even if the console is uptaded in the future?

Thanks a lot in advance, you guys are helping me out a ton.

starburst

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I understand... But still, I don't want to risk it, I don't think I will hack this console until online is basically dead...
So in that case: is there any reputable flashcard that runs DS games on the New 2DS XL (version 11.6.0-39E) that can still be playable even if the console is uptaded in the future?
Get the r4i Gold 3DS from NDS-card.com, a trusted seller and also a sponsor of this site.
If you decide to hack your console in the future, this card will also be useful.

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Last edited by starburst,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo