Gaming Mainline Pokemon Game coming to the Switch!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I interpreted what the person says as trading with yourself, thus needing more than one Switch. It's feasible to get yourself 2 3DSes, hell I have 7, but 2 Switches? Also if I'm not mistaken, the saves are stored in the console, not the cartridge, so without hacking, you best take care of the Switch, it fucks up, your save is gone. I don't know if they fixed that, I just heard it way back during its release.
Hmm... maybe that's why the included the save feature in Sun/Moon? Then again, it would be a massive blunder if they didn't include cloud saving for their online option, or atleast the ability to export the encrypted saves to a microsd.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made that post assuming Bank would stay a 3DS only title since it has yet to move past that. It's possible it would be updated for Switch, I just prefer what Battle Revolution did.
well ya, of course they haven't moved poke bank onto the switch...yet, there isn't a pokemon game on there yet, I don't see why they wouldn't put bank on there, it would be pretty dumb if they just dropped it suddenly, that and the community would be in rage yelling at them to add it, I'm not that wild but with how much the poke community has some being pretty big asshole alitests it's not out of the realm of possibility they would try and force there hand

Last edited by jt_1258,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well ya, of course they haven't moved poke bank onto the switch...yet, there isn't a pokemon game on there yet, I don't see why they wouldn't put bank on there, it would be pretty dumb if they just dropped it suddenly, that and the community would be in rage yelling at them to add it, I'm not that wild but with how much the poke community has some being pretty big asshole alitests it's not out of the realm of possibility they would try and force there hand

Well with the capabilities of the Switch, I figure the upcoming game would have the capacity to be Bank side in its PC, holding at least 3000 pokemon. Therefore the suggestion of a copy/paste feature. Kind of going into that too under the mindset of not needing an NNID and being a break for banned users.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even without the Switch, the 3ds is so old. I like the 3ds, but it is just time to move on.

Also didn't think they would be a separated handheld from the Switch, and I don't think it should be. At least, it will be a Switch Mini. A smaller Switch. At most, I hope, is a Switch 3ds. Combining all the features in one console.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The family would only need one switch system since save files are user based and not stored on the cartridge
How about trading with each other? Battling each other? Playing simultaneously? This limits social interactions harshly, and social interactions are the key element in Pokemon games

D

Deleted User

How about trading with each other? Battling each other? Playing simultaneously? This limits social interactions harshly, and social interactions are the key element in Pokemon games
You've always needed multiple systems to trade, outside of using Bank or Box to transfer.

Look, you might not like it, but the 3ds is old. VERY old. You were gonna have to buy a new system at one point or another, might as well be the Switch, a Portable Console, rather than having to buy 2 systems, a console and a handheld.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You've always needed multiple systems to trade, outside of using Bank or Box to transfer.

Look, you might not like it, but the 3ds is old. VERY old. You were gonna have to buy a new system at one point or another, might as well be the Switch, a Portable Console, rather than having to buy 2 systems, a console and a handheld.
That's correct. The thing is, one Switch system with a Pokemon game costs the same as 2 or even 3 3DS systems with games. Also online subscription will cost ya as well.

I know that the 3DS is at its limits ant that Game Freak need to move to another console to advance, and that's absolutely fine with me. But for now it's pretty expensive to move on (regarding these types of situations especially), and Nintendo handhelds were never this expensive (well, aside from the old 3DS but there was a huge price drop from $250 to $160 after that). Even the game's name loses its meaning (you can't really put Nintendo Switch in your pocket). So maybe, just maybe, we'll see low-budget Switch revisions in the future with limited functionality.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's correct. The thing is, one Switch system with a Pokemon game costs the same as 2 or even 3 3DS systems with games. Also online subscription will cost ya as well.

It's possible that Pokemon will be free online, but who knows? I wouldn't mind since the online subscription is said to be cheap.

D

Deleted User

I know that the 3DS is at its limits ant that Game Freak need to move to another console to advance, and that's absolutely fine with me. But for now it's pretty expensive to move on (regarding these types of situations especially), and Nintendo handhelds were never this expensive (well, aside from the old 3DS but there was a huge price drop from $250 to $160 after that). Even the game's name loses its meaning (you can't really put Nintendo Switch in your pocket). So maybe, just maybe, we'll see low-budget Switch revisions in the future with limited functionality.
It wasn't much cheaper to get the 3ds when it first came out either, 250 squids from what I can find online. Give it time, the switch'll get a price cut.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's possible that Pokemon will be free online, but who knows? I wouldn't mind since the online subscription is said to be cheap.
This^ A whole year for only 20 bobs. That's not too bad.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, tbh, online is cheap af. unlikely but, maybe it will be like on ps4/xb1 with mmos where you don't have to pay the subscription with already paying the online subscription for the system

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well with the capabilities of the Switch, I figure the upcoming game would have the capacity to be Bank side in its PC, holding at least 3000 pokemon. Therefore the suggestion of a copy/paste feature. Kind of going into that too under the mindset of not needing an NNID and being a break for banned users.
The 3DS games could already store a lot more Pokémon if they wanted to. The whole purpose of Bank is exactly the fact that it's cloud storage. Console-agnostic and compatible with any generation from here on out.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It's the logical consequence of the fact that Nintendo (unadmittedly as of yet) unified its two console brands. In the age of big tablets, I can actually see the Switch becoming the portable console of choice, despite its size. And since it's officially replacing the Wii U, we no longer get a distinction.
If that happens then they'll release a 'Switch Mini' due to how big it is to use as a handheld gaming system.

I mean, tbh, online is cheap af. unlikely but, maybe it will be like on ps4/xb1 with mmos where you don't have to pay the subscription with already paying the online subscription for the system
The online is cheap but the eShop is a god damn mess and the online service in all years that Nintendo has had to improve never did. I'm not going to get my hopes up that once it becomes paid it'll magically get better.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If that happens then they'll release a 'Switch Mini' due to how big it is to use as a handheld gaming system.
I do see them doing that, but I don't think it's a given, exactly due to my tablet argument. You see small kids with iPads and other tablets that look disproportionately big in their hands, so why not a Switch? It's not even as expensive. The fact that parents have to buy it exclusively for them and exclusively for gaming might be a con, though, since I imagine most of the aforementioned tablets are hand-me-downs from parents or shared devices and not just used for games.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The online is cheap but the eShop is a god damn mess and the online service in all years that Nintendo has had to improve never did. I'm not going to get my hopes up that once it becomes paid it'll magically get better.
...I never said anything about the eshop or how good the service is, I'm just saying, paying to play online is not that expensive.
I suppose on that note, maybe not just magicaly get better but I do hope over time it does get better, the eshop is barebones but I don't see how it's a mess

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I do see them doing that, but I don't think it's a given, exactly due to my tablet argument. You see small kids with iPads and other tablets that look disproportionately big in their hands, so why not a Switch? It's not even as expensive. The fact that parents have to buy it exclusively for them and exclusively for gaming might be a con, though, since I imagine most of the aforementioned tablets are hand-me-downs from parents or shared devices and not just used for games.
It's a 50/50 chance of what they will do with it. The Switch if seen solely as a gaming tablet is oversized and in that regard it's just not very convenient to use around outside as you can't place it in a pocket but rather inside a bag. Nintendo knows that their customers like smaller devices and that's why they've always made smaller versions of their handhelds and even consoles. Ahem, bigger and smaller.

In an ideal world the size wouldn't matter but it does and I'm already feeling like this is going somewhere else not intended.

...I never said anything about the eshop or how good the service is, I'm just saying, paying to play online is not that expensive.
With that mentality then Burger King is pretty good as it's really cheap.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 50/50 chance of what they will do with it. The Switch if seen solely as a gaming tablet is oversized and in that regard it's just not very convenient to use around outside as you can't place it in a pocket but rather inside a bag. Nintendo knows that their customers like smaller devices and that's why they've always made smaller versions of their handhelds and even consoles. Ahem, bigger and smaller.

In an ideal world the size wouldn't matter but it does and I'm already feeling like this is going somewhere else not intended.

With that mentality then Burger King is pretty good as it's really cheap.
well were going from not directly funding the progression of online funding to directly funding it

also, about the thing on portability, I feel like I'm one of the few who walks around caring there case by letting it hang from there rist by the strap, slightly less convenient then a pocket but otherwise it doesn't bother me much

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👈 I don't know. But this NON-Idiot buys food